Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!

Notices

Thread: Japan low slung YSS crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
I think it's more about just having something different and seeing what we can do with it. The link setup and chassis are unique to say the least.
Agreed. that's why I wanted one.
Stick King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

Kenny, I like you man. Youve got a great attitude and always willing to help people. Thanks for giving it shot with the clinger. If and when you do get your hands on one, I look foward to seeing the build. Thanks bud
Ripperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #103
RCC Addict

There are piles of books written on the subject of how to understand and do business with Japanese , working in Japan I go through with impossible behavior and demands from these people daily ,

you guys are wasting your time and money IMO give up or get ready for big headaches

and $359 for a conversion kit ???? Crazy or stupid???
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:49 AM   #104
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadHunter View Post
There are piles of books written on the subject of how to understand and do business with Japanese , working in Japan I go through with impossible behavior and demands from these people daily ,

you guys are wasting your time and money IMO give up or get ready for big headaches

I understand that you have to be patient and polite with them. There is a point when that attitude should be returned back to you. Give respect to get respect..... And $359 is Retail. My cost would have been a lot better of course. And when you think about it you are getting not just a chassis but the dig also. And you say "Crazy or stupid" when we spend $1000+ on a crawler! But no one said you had to buy one
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #105
www.team3sixrc.com

And in case you havent figured this out. The Oversea's companies have been selling product to the Western market for ages. They understand that there is a culture differance. Maybe in big world business you may need to read all them book and even take rosetta stone to communicate with them, But this is RC gear and small manufacturing. hardly a need for a interpritational spokesman to say "We want to purchase your product" BTW, I work with 3 major companies whom are from the eastern market and though it is broken english, we never have had any problems between us when it came to to purchases or products.

On another note. I kind of found out the issue with this crawler according to another company I deal with whom is a vendor to them. It turns out that the production line has come to a hault because of the issues on the design does not regulate with the rules over in Europe or the U.S.A.. They are aware that this may be a problem in sales. So they are working on a fix for this with thier engineers. Also apperently the DIG that is manufactered for them is not available due to slow production for the manufacturer.
I was told that if they release this chassis, it will be released as an RTR product line and then there will be a legal design released as a kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadHunter View Post

Last edited by team3six; 09-16-2009 at 09:31 AM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #106
RCC Addict

Quote:
when we spend $1000+ on a crawler! But no one said you had to buy one
That crossed my mind and not meaning to diss you ,on the contrary only trying to help and I wish you luck ...

for my budget $360 is a bit much +

with the $3000 you are willing to invest why not put another few in and make your own kit I'd rather deal with you than Active Hobby any day
Old 09-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #107
I wanna be Dave

pardon, sending our products to be made outside the US means less jobs for our people and better support for a country that does'nt really like us that much, what do they do for us. We make good money and can afford to buy it if it were made here.
SO much outsourcing to Save a buck has lead us to the biggest jobb loss ression in over 50 years
When is the goverment and people going to realize that, reley on our selves more.

sorry, I just hate to see this stuff.
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

pardon, sending our products to be made outside the US means less jobs for our people and better support for a country that doesn't really like us that much, what do they do for us. We make good money and can afford to buy it if it were made here.
SO much outsourcing to Save a buck has lead us to the biggest job loss recession in over 50 years
When is the government and people going to realize that, rely on our selves more.

toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #109
www.team3sixrc.com

Well I didnt see a need for the double posting, but on that note the driver in your RC on your avatar was designed, and built in another country. And it just so happens to be one of those countries that dont like us very much!
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #110
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4crawlin View Post
pardon, sending our products to be made outside the US means less jobs for our people and better support for a country that does'nt really like us that much, what do they do for us. We make good money and can afford to buy it if it were made here.
SO much outsourcing to Save a buck has lead us to the biggest jobb loss ression in over 50 years
When is the goverment and people going to realize that, reley on our selves more.

No one mentioned that he should get it made out side the US ,read the post again carefully!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #111
Rock Stacker

Love them, keep em comin.,
DRock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:04 AM   #112
Who's your Daddy-0!

Well if someone would design and make this type of chassis here in the good-ol USA I would be glad to give them my $. There is several problems with that though. 1, I don't think this design would do to well over here. 2, I don't see a vendor or company that would make it because of the small market that, that kit would have here. 3, we would pay a lot more than what it cost already if it were made here.

I didn't want to invest in this kit to get rich. I was just getting enough for the guys I knew that wanted one. Again, it was more about having something different and seeing what we could do with it and learn from it maybe.

This kit was supposed to be released at the beginning of 09. Then it has been delay after delay. Strange thing is you can get on YouTube and see a ton of videos of this very kit being driven by all different guys?

As for keeping $ here in the US it's just not that easy. Almost everything we have in RC comes from overseas! They can make it cheaper, end of story. I am the last one who want's to debate this subject at all. I wish it could all come from here in the US. But that will never happen and I just deal with it.

Genki will get some kit's in and I will get one from him and get it here state side when he does. Till then it is what it is
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #113
Suck it up!

Quote:
Well if someone would design and make this type of chassis here in the good-ol USA I would be glad to give them my $.
Its on my to-do list for this winter.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #114
Pebble Pounder

Cool looking design... Has anyone tryed to copy this design on there own with any luck??
RockGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockGarden View Post
Cool looking design... Has anyone tryed to copy this design on there own with any luck??
Yes, Duuuuuuuude made a chassis just like this. Search around, you might find it.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote