Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Videos!
Loading

Notices

Thread: First (ish) attempt at a trail / crawl

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2017, 02:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Devon
Posts: 442
Default First (ish) attempt at a trail / crawl

Would love to hear feedback guys.
This is shot running around Dartmoor a few weeks back.
https://youtu.be/gAxD56AYlVg


Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #2
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Cornwall, England
Posts: 67
Default Re: First (ish) attempt at a trail / crawl

where do you go on the moors?? i work up that way once a week and keep spotting some places but forget where they are.

some good looking places out by princetown
MrLee1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:05 PM   #3
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 1,658
Default Re: First (ish) attempt at a trail / crawl

Looks like a lot of fun! Are those 2.2 BFG's on method beadlocks? Sounded like you got some ture rub on the body; can be fixed with bump stops on the shocks or by raising or cutting the body. Also a wind muff for your mic would help the sound; if you are using an internal mic then you could try a cotton ball held on with scotch tape. Beautiful scenery but it looks cold! Did you bend the steering rod yourself to clear the Scx10 ii diff cover?
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:49 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Devon
Posts: 442
Default Re: First (ish) attempt at a trail / crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLee1990 View Post
where do you go on the moors?? i work up that way once a week and keep spotting some places but forget where they are.

some good looking places out by princetown
This is Haytor end of Dartmoor. I basically spend about a hour a week looking at Google satellite of the area and head for the grey bits! Not done princetown area yet but the place is so damn vast it'll take a lifetime to see even half of it!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:52 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Devon
Posts: 442
Default Re: First (ish) attempt at a trail / crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Looks like a lot of fun! Are those 2.2 BFG's on method beadlocks? Sounded like you got some ture rub on the body; can be fixed with bump stops on the shocks or by raising or cutting the body. Also a wind muff for your mic would help the sound; if you are using an internal mic then you could try a cotton ball held on with scotch tape. Beautiful scenery but it looks cold! Did you bend the steering rod yourself to clear the Scx10 ii diff cover?
Thanks for the cotton tip, I'll be sure to try that as it's always damn windy up there!

So, those are 2.2 Hyrax on SSD's with CI foams.
MIP driveshaft, the extended version which clears the spur housing. Near perfect fit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:54 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Devon
Posts: 442
Default Re: First (ish) attempt at a trail / crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Cads View Post
Thanks for the cotton tip, I'll be sure to try that as it's always damn windy up there!

So, those are 2.2 Hyrax on SSD's with CI foams.
MIP driveshaft, the extended version which clears the spur housing. Near perfect fit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Just re-read and realised you were asking about steering! Nope, that's the stock kit from boomracing "Phat" axle kit

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:31 AM   #7
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: England
Posts: 1,604
Default Re: First (ish) attempt at a trail / crawl

Nice video. I live in Plymouth and pop up to to Shaugh Bridge or Burrator a fair bit. Not done much video yet though as I either forget camera or just dont bother.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:48 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Devon
Posts: 442
Default Re: First (ish) attempt at a trail / crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
Nice video. I live in Plymouth and pop up to to Shaugh Bridge or Burrator a fair bit. Not done much video yet though as I either forget camera or just dont bother.
Cheers M1tch. Shaugh Bridge looks a good spot, I'll have to check that out.
Ordered a rear mirror phone holder which I should be able to attach to the TX to use as a phone camera mount so might get more regular on vids in the New Year as farting about with the current tripod is a PITA!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



First (ish) attempt at a trail / crawl - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Rs10 scale(ish) attempt Cmmcginnis86 Redcat Crawlers 10 12-11-2013 09:13 AM
TTC-ish Scale-ish Budget-ish Wroncho-ish Build Meatwad Axial SCX-10 77 01-19-2012 04:00 PM
Wheely king Trail/Scale-ish Rig N.C. Scorpion HPI Wheely King 45 03-10-2010 07:18 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com