Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: Virginia RC Off Roaders - VARCOR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 09:04 AM   #161
Rock Crawler

I've still got to get my 2.2 scale finished. I'm not going to have time to build and switch axles so it'll stay on WK's for now. Not as narrow as I want with the TLT's but it'll have to do. I bet I'm not the only one scrambling to get a truck finished this week.

Looking forward to Sunday, I hope the forecast changes, 40% chance of showers.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #162
Quarry Creeper

Oh ya, Im waiting for a motor so I can finish my 2.2 comp rig. I also have one body to paint.
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #163
I wanna be Dave

All I'll have is a 1.9 rig, somethings better than nothing. Next GTG I'll try to have my 2.2 going.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #164
Rock Stacker

looks like my truck is out, but I might come out to hang and see how the comp thing works.
baldchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:16 PM   #165
I wanna be Dave

What happened with your truck? Bring it along, maybe we can get it straightened out. Come on out though, never hurts to have an extra person.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:59 PM   #166
Rock Stacker

one of the caps / bushings supporting the gear shaft wollowed out and is letting the gears become missalined. so I just need to get in touch with the guy at RC4WD and see about getting some replacement parts
Old 11-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #167
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by '04 Rubicon View Post
I bet I'm not the only one scrambling to get a truck finished this week.
HAHA.............I was freaking out thinking that the 2nd was Saturday, which I would never have my rig done (unless I was accidentally "sick" on Friday), but with it on Sunday, I might get it done with a couple of hours of testing.

It won't be tuned in any way, and I may "discover" the weak link in the first few minutes, but it will be there in some shape or form.

Hey Chris..............do you just need a bushing/bearing? Is this in an R2? Maybe we can scrounge one up.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:30 AM   #168
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldchris View Post
looks like my truck is out, but I might come out to hang and see how the comp thing works.
That Sucks! Hope you still come out and meet everyone.

Quote:
one of the caps / bushings supporting the gear shaft wollowed out and is letting the gears become missalined. so I just need to get in touch with the guy at RC4WD and see about getting some replacement parts
Did you strip out the gears again or lose the bushing? Is it one of the little brass bushings you can see on the outside of the housing? We may be able to find a replacement or some sort of fix.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #169
I wanna be Dave

I actually have a whole R2 I have yet to use. I'll have to find it though, I haven't seen it since before I moved.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #170
Rock Stacker

Its one of those little bushings you can see from the outside. out of the 4 one was made differently and thats the one that broke. it doesnt have the sleve in it. Ill try and take a picture when I get home tonight.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #171
Rock Crawler

Default crawling spot in my neighborhood

hey there is a creek in my neighbor hood its got lots of rocks i will go take some pics and post them later tell me what you think

the second to last one is a size comparisone with my shoe(11.5)

Last edited by bigblazerboy; 11-27-2007 at 05:04 PM.
bigblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #172
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Its one of those little bushings you can see from the outside. out of the 4 one was made differently and thats the one that broke. it doesnt have the sleve in it. Ill try and take a picture when I get home tonight.
I'm curious what RC4WD is going to tell you or do for you. This is the second time in almost a month that your R2D has broken on you. I want to get one eventually so I hope your problems are just flukes. I wonder why the one bushing is different, does it appear to serve any different purpose than the other three, or is it possible that the sleeve was lost? Pics are going to help.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #173
Rock Stacker

here is a picture the two on the plate are what the 3 of 4 look like and at the bottom is the mess I made trying to fix it. but the 4th one wasn't big enough to have a sleve so I tried to drill it out to put a sleve in it and ended up spliting the side out. I sent over an email Friday through the web site but haven't heard anything back yet, so I tried one the the email address on the web site so hopefully that will get an answer back.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:50 PM   #174
varcor.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by '04 Rubicon View Post
I bet I'm not the only one scrambling to get a truck finished this week.
yeah, i'm in the same boat. i got my txt at 13.5" wb right now. i don't think i can get it down to 12.5". if i run the super class, i need to get some new tires/wheels. geez, not enough time this week.

btw, everyone coming up from the south, anyone want to meet up at the flying j (95N, exit 104) and convey in. i'll stopping there to fill up my heep. from there, it's only about 30 minutes or so north to f-burg.
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:50 PM   #175

well I won't get to make it. I just found out I got to work on Sunday. Some of my soldiers screwed up so I have to go babysit them now. Its sh*tty that they can't just do what they are suppose to do. Yall have fun and I'll try to catch the next one.
liltexmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #176
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swell searcher View Post
btw, everyone coming up from the south, anyone want to meet up at the flying j (95N, exit 104) and convey in. i'll stopping there to fill up my heep. from there, it's only about 30 minutes or so north to f-burg.
what time are you thinking?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:09 PM   #177
varcor.org

comp is at 10a. so i would say 830-845 and roll out by 900 from the flying j. that would put us up at the comp sometime after 930 or so... i'll be in a lifted silver TJ and up on ch 4. btw, i've never been there so "i'll get lost if i have no one to follow" - LOL

btw, i started another post for the GTG...
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #178
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by swell searcher View Post
btw, i started another post for the GTG...

What is VARROC ? It should be VARCOR it looks like a typo
Old 11-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #179
R.I.P. Chip

So guys it looks like I am going to be traveling your direction in a couple weeks. My daughter and I are going to be coming out there to bring Zach his crawler.

JIA is planning to come up and do a little writeup for RCDriver.

I fly into DC on the 14th of December and will be in town until the 18th. I'll be staying in Arlington. We are planning on getting together with Zach on Saturday December 15th.

Zach and his family live in the Nokesville/Manassas area so somewhere close to their would be ideal. Do you guys have an easy accessible crawl spot in that area?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:15 PM   #180
Quarry Creeper

The area where we are having our GTG this weekend would be a great place to do a photo shoot and a write up. After this weekend I'm sure more people will elaborate on how nice it is. We would love to have Zach and his family join us this Sunday or atleast stop by. Jason please see if you can get them to stop by, I can PM my phone# to you or Zach's mom so we can discuss this weekend. LMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
So guys it looks like I am going to be traveling your direction in a couple weeks. My daughter and I are going to be coming out there to bring Zach his crawler.

JIA is planning to come up and do a little writeup for RCDriver.

I fly into DC on the 14th of December and will be in town until the 18th. I'll be staying in Arlington. We are planning on getting together with Zach on Saturday December 15th.

Zach and his family live in the Nokesville/Manassas area so somewhere close to their would be ideal. Do you guys have an easy accessible crawl spot in that area?

Last edited by Scooteracing; 11-27-2007 at 08:21 PM.