Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1964 Chevrolet CrewCab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #61
I wanna be Dave

i think the body looks right at home with the bondo and different color paint...youu can tell the life changes by layers of paint

great build!!
blakeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2010, 07:15 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losi man View Post
That would make one sexy flat bed pickup.
It looks great, are you going to fix the rear fenders?
Thanks Losi man, Tell me whats on your mind about the rear fender, I know I have left the lip off of it, and the driver side has a small warp, but I figure a truck that old will have some warpage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly duck View Post
And the tailgate, for the love of Pete! Chevrolet, for shame!
I know, I should have made it "GMC" only 3 letters I wish I would have done a better job, but what a pain that was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeskii View Post
think the body looks right at home with the bondo and different color paint...youu can tell the life changes by layers of paint

great build!!
thank you blakeskii, Yeah for that old of a truck, I should leave it that way, but it will get some character later on, bought the first time I roll it down Dirt Mtn.

I have fallen behind on a few small updates over here, so

Wait, ! First off, does the bike in back of the truck look scale or not. Its supposed to be an 8 ft bed.

Made the wood floor in the bed and some tailgate latches

I'm trying out a tube bumper for the rear.
bodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
I know, I should have made it "GMC" only 3 letters I wish I would have done a better job, but what a pain that was.
Forgive me, I was totally screwed up between threads. I thought you were cross breeding. The craftsmanship wasn't the something I was commenting on - please carry on with the great work!
ugly duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Getting better all the time,and the color combo suits it just right.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Well i was thinking that mabey you could cut it out to make lok more like the front and then add some fender flares thats just me tho its your build do what you want.
As for the dirt bike i think it looks fine
Losi man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losi man View Post
Well i was thinking that mabey you could cut it out to make lok more like the front and then add some fender flares thats just me tho its your build do what you want.
As for the dirt bike i think it looks fine
x2
honchoscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Location: Somewhere between the Atlanic ocean and Mississippi river

On the back bumper, you could just cut the space where behind the bumper out and leave it off.

not sure if that is right, but it;s the only back view i can find of a C10 with no rear bumper. I know a guy who had a 78 with no rear bumper that looked pretty good.
shadowtrucker95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:32 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly duck View Post
Forgive me, I was totally screwed up between threads. I thought you were cross breeding. The craftsmanship wasn't the something I was commenting on - please carry on with the great work!

no need to forgive you, stuff (sh*t) happens. Thank you duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipxj View Post
Getting better all the time,and the color combo suits it just right.
Thank you vipxj.

@ Losi man and Honchoscaler, Thank you for the comments. I actually thought about making the rear fender more like the front, but then I saw a photo on line somewhere, and it just doesn't look right to me, plus I'm trying to stay close to a stock looking body.

@ shadowtrucker95, Thank you. Now there's an interesting ride, Thank you for sharing.

I'm still not done, I've been trying to get the hood a little better looking, its still rough looking, but see what ya think.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #69
Sometimes, I make things.

Wow, this is really shaping up now. It looks great, can't wait to see it done. That's a lot of stryene work there, all the hard work will pay off tho, this is gonna be a great looking truck. We appreciate your hard work
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

I ust love the lonng wheelbase it looks so legit!
CUSTOMHILUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

DUDE, your skill as beyond amazing. keep up the great work.....
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

looks great, but the only problem i see with the original is that the rear windows go down
rcfreak363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:58 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Thank you Guys, for all of your comments, they help me greatly.

@ rcfreak363, I think you are the first one to call me out on that, you are correct on the back windows, and actually they were only 3 doors. Here is a stock one

I argued with myself for awhile on which way I wanted to do it, but in the end I took some liberties with the design and made it 4 door, and the windows, well, they would be extremely hard to open. Oh well. I just liked the looks of this one, and actually this is how the 1:1 is being built, (very slowly though,) i just wonder what he will do about that issue.

I haven't gotten much done lately, but I finally spent a little time this past evening. I made the door lines, door handle cutouts and just starting on the door handles

Also picked up some new drive shafts from RC4WD. See what ya think

And just for the heck of it, because I'm too lazy too do a search for my other CC, here are new pics with its new tires, the 1.55 RC4WD Mud Hogs. It had Rocky country's on it

and here is the Mud Hogs

Old 09-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #74
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Awesome build. How do the 1.55 tire foams feel and work? I have been debating about making some 1.55 tire foams and would need a tester. This would be a great build to try something out on. What does it weigh already and how do the tires feel?
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Thank you Guys, for all of your comments, they help me greatly.

@ rcfreak363, I think you are the first one to call me out on that, you are correct on the back windows, and actually they were only 3 doors. Here is a stock one

I argued with myself for awhile on which way I wanted to do it, but in the end I took some liberties with the design and made it 4 door, and the windows, well, they would be extremely hard to open. Oh well. I just liked the looks of this one, and actually this is how the 1:1 is being built, (very slowly though,) i just wonder what he will do about that issue.

lol i do like the way it looks, i just dont see how the window or door would work. unless they did suicide doors on the rear. but that doesn't work for the window.
rcfreak363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

and here is the Mud Hogs

you see this is what i was thinking you could do there fenders look great
Losi man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

This has to go in a magazine! Holly @#%&$!
Oso787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:15 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Awesome build. How do the 1.55 tire foams feel and work? I have been debating about making some 1.55 tire foams and would need a tester. This would be a great build to try something out on. What does it weigh already and how do the tires feel?
Thank you (this is my fault, I put 2 trucks in here and I'm not sure which one you are inquiring about). I will assume the white crewcab..

I'm not a good one to ask about the foams, I'm not well versed in the differences, sorry. I did do a little bit of trailin the other day before I snapped the plastic yoke on the back of the tranny, and I was happy with how the mud hogs were biting in, plus I finally weighed the white truck, its about 7 lbs without the battery.

here is a couple pics of it, (too lazy too find the old thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak363 View Post
lol i do like the way it looks, i just dont see how the window or door would work. unless they did suicide doors on the rear. but that doesn't work for the window.
Same here, to me it just looks better, even though its not functional, I've been checking on the 1:1 build, but its really, really slow going. the guy doesn't want suicide doors because they become weak and rattley.

@ losiman, Thank you, I understand, but I'm trying to stay true to the body lines on this one.

@ Oso787, Thank you, that is a very nice thing to say. I've been too lazy to send it in. I will tell you this, I was on RCCA's forum, but its a dead zone there.

Ok, back to the 64.

I've made a windshield, and then put in in a safe place. I lost the first one I made

Got the servo's mounted and linked to their respective places, transmission and steering.

Primered up cab

1st coat on the cab, and it will be wet sanded and coated a few more time. I have more to do, to complete the look and I need to buy an ESC for it.

Took it outside for some poser pics

Old 09-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #79

You've got some crazy plastic skills! Sweet build
lunatic_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thank you (this is my fault, I put 2 trucks in here and I'm not sure which one you are inquiring about). I will assume the white crewcab..

I'm not a good one to ask about the foams, I'm not well versed in the differences, sorry. I did do a little bit of trailin the other day before I snapped the plastic yoke on the back of the tranny, and I was happy with how the mud hogs were biting in, plus I finally weighed the white truck, its about 7 lbs without the battery.

here is a couple pics of it, (too lazy too find the old thread)

Same here, to me it just looks better, even though its not functional, I've been checking on the 1:1 build, but its really, really slow going. the guy doesn't want suicide doors because they become weak and rattley.

@ losiman, Thank you, I understand, but I'm trying to stay true to the body lines on this one.

@ Oso787, Thank you, that is a very nice thing to say. I've been too lazy to send it in. I will tell you this, I was on RCCA's forum, but its a dead zone there.

Ok, back to the 64.

I've made a windshield, and then put in in a safe place. I lost the first one I made

Got the servo's mounted and linked to their respective places, transmission and steering.

Primered up cab

1st coat on the cab, and it will be wet sanded and coated a few more time. I have more to do, to complete the look and I need to buy an ESC for it.

Took it outside for some poser pics

I love both trucks. The 64 isnt quite my stile but its still awesome! Youve done an awesome job on the bodywork. The cc clod though is freakin B-A. I'd give my left nut for one of those bodies, I've been doing some reasearch on making one, but I'd rather just find one, lol. I'd hate to ruin two clod bodies. They arent cheap.
blukon98 is offline   Reply With Quote