Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: My Ford F-350 High-Lift

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Hi guys, thanks for the nice comments. Rainey, no updates at this time. Sorry! Been busy doing other things lately but I still plan to finish this project. Just had to take a little bit of a break from this build, but I'll be getting back on it soon enough. Till then, thanks for the interest.
Espeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #82

UPDATES???? Anything at all it's been like 5 months.....
But great job!!! Makes me wish I didn't hack my HL up and turn it into a Jeep....
gatesr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:48 AM   #83

Lookin killer so far! Get that thing finished!
KMC189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:04 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

nice car
david_387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #85

Default Re: My Ford F-350 High-Lift

I wish you will get this project finished eventually .... I also just bought Tundra and MFC-02 ... also lifted up the transmission by 8mm with the original holes ... I am glad to find your post!!
Qooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Hi guys. I was very close to finishing this truck, but I ended up selling it. So there will be no more updates. Sorry. It was fun to build and run, but plans changed and now it's no longer my truck.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #87

Let's hope the new owner can match your fabrication skills - it was a pleasure to let me inspire by your great work !
fk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #88
Pebble Pounder

Great thread, great ideas. I have been getting the itch to get a high lift, but it, like all rcs, has its flaws. This thread seems to cover most of them. I know you sold the truck, but great job on it AND the thread.
GraciousOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. I do miss this truck, but not to worry. Someday there may be another. The Highlift chassis definitely has it's short comings, and even with some modifications, it is still not perfect, or ideal for all out performance. If was building another scaler like this, I would throw the Highlift body on an SCX-10 chassis, or maybe an RC4WD chassis. Get the best of both worlds. Thanks again!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #90
Pebble Pounder

Hey man - anyone can bolt a Tamiya body on top of another chassis - your project was something special. For me, I already have an SCX10 and CR-01, so the 4 link trucks are taken care of. Whenever you do a leaf spring truck, it will be a compromise. I admit that the tf2 is a better platform, but at the end of the day the most important thing is getting the truck YOU want. For all the Tamiya dudes out there (like me) it's the High Lift over the TF2 all day, even though it is ultimately not as capable.

Thanks again for the great thread.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #91
Rock Crawler

GraciousOne, well said. That's the beauty of this hobby. The individualism we can show off when building our trucks is an extension of who we are. At the end of the day, getting the satisfaction you desire from a project is the very best part! At least it is for me.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #92
Rock Crawler

Default My Ford F-350 High-Lift

Damn I got all excited to see that updates coming from my thread subscriptions only to see none. Either way both gracious one and you espee are correct. If you aren't building for yourself it's not a hobby. Who cares what others think if your happy with it then by all means run it into the ground and back. I miss my highlift and will def be getting another one just for the scale and trail aspect of it. I sold it a while back and bought a tf2 which is a great rig in its own right but still not the same. Just to watch the hi lift bounce it's way down the trail speaks 1:1 driver compared to most others which are closer to actual trail rigs. If you can't enjoy that then you shouldn't be building scale....

--Dan

Last edited by sickcivic95; 05-13-2014 at 12:00 PM.
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #93
Pebble Pounder

Both you guys make good points about individualism. I was on a trail run a couple weeks back with over 40 rigs. Most were Wraiths and SCX10s. But my Honcho was one of only 2 with the stock body (and even the other guy's Honcho was a 6x6 with a custom paint job!). Just goes to show the diversity - everyone had changed their rig to what they wanted.

And I like the attitude of the group that does trail runs around here. We all travel the same general route, and everyone does the best they can with what they have. Some guys have high $$$ machines that will make it over everything, sure - but most have "average" rigs that may do well on hillclimbs, but struggle in the mud, or vice versa. So no one looks down on you for having a rig that can't make it over everything. No one expects their rig to be all things to all people, which is super cool.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:38 AM   #94

i have been working a a highlift chassis with RC4WD driveline. great thread. thanks
Fallguycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote