Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project Lovell Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #141
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Project Lovell Racing

It's ok, I mean, if you like that sort of thing...

Very impressive - rigs like this are starting to push me further on my own builds!
Creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2015, 06:30 PM   #142

Man that's a awesome rig nice work ive been wanting to build something like this was wondering what your wheel base was
8ball ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #143
Rock Stacker

Is this rig still around?? Looks like it handles like a dream and the scaleness is spot on.
ecd02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #144
RCC Addict

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd02 View Post
Is this rig still around?? Looks like it handles like a dream and the scaleness is spot on.
Thank you! I'm stoked people are still diggin this. The rig is still around! It does handle well, and by well i mean not like a scx10, but well for a scale rig. Sadly, it's collecting mostly dust now though. I've had to clean it a couple of times from it

Most of my focus has been in mtb/moto lately. I haven't really done much with r/c's. However, winter is nearing. So maybe soon!

Last edited by dirk379; 10-26-2015 at 01:03 PM.
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 07:10 PM   #145
RCC Addict

8 years later since I started this? Holy smokes. I've been reviving this thing a bit on the instagram, rc_dirk if you're interested, but I really kind of miss these message board style builds and they're easier on my brain. Man, lots has happened with my life, and this rig, since the last post. I quit the auto industry, did graphic/product design for a cycling/sports company for 6 years and was mostly mtb'ing and moto'ing with no RC's. I even sold a couple of my 'ill never sell' rigs to 1bjb for bike funds. Then I had an accident, got a traumatic brain injury 6/16/19, was cleared to be good, had a minor head impact 4/25/20 and haven't been the same since. I still don't have income and am not able to work. I will likely not be on 2 wheels again and am engaging back into the hobby as my brain and eyes allow. Anyways, onto the build.

Since last post, the cage has been re-worked a bit. The front bumper had tweaking's likely from full speed 3300kv 4pole brushless rallying into rocks so I straightened that. I fabbed up new front shock mounts. I made floor and rear cab wall mounts so the interior mounts completely differently which works much better. It clearly worked before, but was a PITA and not ideal. I didn't know how to do it better at the time, now I have a greater knowledge and skill. I think that's all for cage work aside from a complete strip and re-paint.

Body work. I always hated how the hood turned out, it had an awkward 'sink hole' effect from so many layers of styrene and filler, when it all dried, it eventually caved in a bit forming the sink hole. I re-did it better and looks more scale. I made new rear fenders from scratch, and I also re-drew almost every logo for this rig, and had them printed.

Interior, with the new mounts, I was able to do an aluminum rear wall and floor. Each independently bolting in from each other. I also touched up some things aesthetically.

Aaaaand ya saw it here first,

Last edited by dirk379; 12-01-2020 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:11 PM   #146
RCC Addict

Wow, I also haven't posted to a message board in a while, these pics are huge, hopefully it's just on my end? I assumed they'd auto size.... Apparently RCC.com doesn't have this feature? One sec.

Last edited by dirk379; 12-01-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:20 AM   #147
RCC Addict

Old 12-29-2020, 08:03 PM   #148

Welcome back to the hobby! Very sorry to hear of the events that bring you back. Make the best of it! Still no pics showing for me, but I’ll be keeping an eye out.
A-sand-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:44 PM   #149
Donkey Punch Champion!

Holy smokes is right! You've been through hell and back with life it sounds. Glad you're back and doing better. I still want this rig. Don't get suckered by 1bjb, he's a punk.

I can't see your photos, but I know I still want it. As always. PayPal ready.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:14 AM   #150
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-sand-er View Post
Welcome back to the hobby! Very sorry to hear of the events that bring you back. Make the best of it! Still no pics showing for me, but I’ll be keeping an eye out.
Thank you, I am doing alright for sure, It's hard to talk about with out sounding down and what not but things are okay. And doh! I needed to enable link sharing in the google photo's option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
Holy smokes is right! You've been through hell and back with life it sounds. Glad you're back and doing better. I still want this rig. Don't get suckered by 1bjb, he's a punk.

I can't see your photos, but I know I still want it. As always. PayPal ready.
He's still around!

Haha... My bad, yeah I didn't have pic sharing enabled on the photo album I guess. Thank you though, hopefully it works now. 1bjb is a punk, he traded me money for 2 of my rigs! I mostly post on instagram because of the ease, @rc_dirk if ya want more of this rig. I'll try to post more on here, I've since re-done the shocks and have more pics to show.

-dirk

Project Lovell Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winner! - *Giveaway* H.A.R.D. Racing Comm Lathe from Team Brood Racing EddieO General Crawlers 584 01-14-2016 07:17 PM
Winner - *Giveaway* H.A.R.D. Racing Comm Lathe from Team Brood Racing - Part 2 EddieO General Crawlers 365 07-08-2011 06:06 PM
JPH Racing Losi Project JPH Racing Team Losi Comp Crawler 22 06-25-2010 09:17 AM
scania stax concept racing team #97 racing truck only SEMIJOE Non Crawler RC's 96 10-12-2009 04:53 AM
Lovell Racing Ranger slugzracing Large Scale Rigs 76 04-26-2008 07:20 PM