Notices

Thread: Jeep JK Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #161
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Jeep JK Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Just take apart an old dead laptop for the speakers.
Done already, video is coming up very soon im excited lol
moedawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #162
Quarry Creeper

engine sound and lights

RC Sound Light for Scale on Jeep JK - YouTube
Old 05-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #163
Rock Crawler

So just wondering about a couple things . Is this thing ever going to see dirt or even grass ?? lol just been watching this thing since you started the thread and was thinking how expensive this shelf queen is gonna be in the end lol. Looking super clean .. too clean .lets see some dirt on it now even if you blow it on there . Cheers
Rodamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #164
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodamis View Post
So just wondering about a couple things . Is this thing ever going to see dirt or even grass ?? lol just been watching this thing since you started the thread and was thinking how expensive this shelf queen is gonna be in the end lol. Looking super clean .. too clean .lets see some dirt on it now even if you blow it on there . Cheers
oh man i do wanna take this thing out and get it a lil dirty lol, the problem is i live in new York city and the closest park to me is central park which is about the total of 10 15 blocks, now i dont have a case or a duffle bag to fit it in " cant really walk the whole way holding big ass truck and huge remote lol, but im scooping out the area. oh yeah and this truck wont see or even understand the definition of MUD
Old 05-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #165
I wanna be Dave

I'm digging the lights and sound...but the only thing that kills me is that the sound with the sound units doesn't exactly fit with the true acceleration and strain of a real engine. It is pretty cool though. The one you're using is one of the best I've heard so far.

As for living in NYC, yes your hands are tied, but hop your ass in a cab, bring your camera and carve out a space in the park. With the right depth of field, any backdrop or scale setting will make for a cool video. I haven't spent that much time in CP...but trust me, there is bound to be some cool crawl spots. I have some pics of a visit there, so I know there is some terrain to get what you need. Make it happen!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #166
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
I'm digging the lights and sound...but the only thing that kills me is that the sound with the sound units doesn't exactly fit with the true acceleration and strain of a real engine. It is pretty cool though. The one you're using is one of the best I've heard so far.

As for living in NYC, yes your hands are tied, but hop your ass in a cab, bring your camera and carve out a space in the park. With the right depth of field, any backdrop or scale setting will make for a cool video. I haven't spent that much time in CP...but trust me, there is bound to be some cool crawl spots. I have some pics of a visit there, so I know there is some terrain to get what you need. Make it happen!
Im definitely either goin to central park or to new jersey, and will try to take some cool shots. Oh I hired Sam Fisher as a driver and im buying a micro servo for the steering wheel, and mix one of the free channels with the steering, tactic radios are awesome.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #167
Quarry Creeper

ok so here's tha last video before i take it out to the park make sure you watch the end of it where i linked the steering wheel with the radio

Rcmodelex Jeep JK - YouTube
Old 05-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #168
Rock Crawler

Looking awesome bro. Gave me a few good ideas for mine. Now let's see some action shots and some vidya! ;)
Jeepfixer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #169
Quarry Creeper

Very kool! Just "Liked" it on FB too
The DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #170
Quarry Creeper

So my father hooked it up with 2 nice tool boxes and some goodies, I was very excited

Old 05-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #171
Quarry Creeper

some action Poses
 photo DSC_1592_Snapseed_zpsb3dce4bc.jpg
 photo DSC_1585_Snapseed_zps961f9562.jpg
 photo DSC_1582_Snapseed_zps0e4b4ab3.jpg

Last edited by moedawi; 05-26-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #172
Quarry Creeper

Lookin' good! Looks fun to drive.
rcwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #173
I wanna be Dave

Great pics MO! I'd love to see you capture a killer burnout/roost with the dust flying. I have a new gopro and the tundra is just waiting for action, but I just can't carve out the time during the day! It's killing me!

Don't forget...you can turn a patch of dirt into a perfect scale backdrop. CP or anywhere. These pics prove that.

Last edited by Bulldog; 05-27-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:21 AM   #174
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Great pics MO! I'd love to see you capture a killer burnout/roost with the dust flying. I have a new gopro and the tundra is just waiting for action, but I just can't carve out the time during the day! It's killing me!

Don't forget...you can turn a patch of dirt into a perfect scale backdrop. CP or anywhere. These pics prove that.
Thanks alot man, cant wait to see that tundra doin work. i wasnt happy with this park i went to in jersey. im gonna go to central park and try to find a good terrain plus im building a motorized dolly silder for my dslr for some killer videos of the truck in the park.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #175
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedawi View Post
Thanks alot man, cant wait to see that tundra doin work. i wasnt happy with this park i went to in jersey. im gonna go to central park and try to find a good terrain plus im building a motorized dolly silder for my dslr for some killer videos of the truck in the park.
The dolly is a great idea...but you can easily get some cool footage with a camera mounted on a piece of aluminum and bring along a helper ( the helper only needs to be somewhat skilled). I use an old crutch! It's light weight and long and you can just walk next to the scaler and capture footage standing up. You can also get cool "Fly by" shots by swinging the camera around as if it's mounted on a Heli. Let your helper drive...nice and slow and you can get the footage. You've got an eye, and will know what you're looking for as far as shots and footage.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:48 AM   #176
Quarry Creeper

I was on a vaca and the fam and decided to go to the Poconos PA, so i took my truck with me and with some help from my brother law running the truck i took a video. It was shaky but i ordered a small tripod and im gonna make another video soon, probably it will be in Central Park NYC. Anyway enough talking here's the video. let me know what you think...

RC Rock crawling Jeep JK (Slow Motion) - YouTube

Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #177
Rock Crawler

Cool vid.....like the slowmo. Looks like your king shocks handle like a trophy truck suspension....extra soft. I personally like that style of suspension, extra mushy so you can appreciate the articulation....that's how I run them on my tundra truggy. Are you running any oil in 'em?
z71baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #178
Quarry Creeper

No oil and no O rings

Old 06-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #179
I wanna be Dave

Loved the video....the slow mo in the second portion was sweet, watching the suspension cycle nice and loose. The fully sprung and no O rings is perfect for scale videos. The photos were beyond cool. Keep shooting!

And the pics of the NYC skyline were absolutely amazing!!!

Last edited by Bulldog; 06-05-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #180
Quarry Creeper

Your the one who told me about the o rings and the slow motion was straight up an effect that comes in the galaxy note 2. Im not really happy about this video so im gonna make another one once I get the tripod.
And btw I took those 2 pics of nyc did u like them?

Tags
jeep jk, jeep jk project, jeep rc4wd, jeep rubicon, vanquish products

Jeep JK Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New project jeep Harlok67 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 02-06-2011 04:29 PM
My CC-01 Jeep Project jayuk022002 Tamiya XC/CC01 33 12-06-2010 03:47 PM
YJ Jeep project. wrx-n-ktm 1.9 Scale Rigs 23 03-02-2009 03:42 PM