RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   1.9 Scale Rigs (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/)
-   -   Chevy Crewcab Dually Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/482394-chevy-crewcab-dually-build.html)

Hwheeler73 04-01-2014 10:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm headed by the house again!!!! All kinds of stuff waiting!

I got a little done today. I made light buckets for the side marker lights. It's nice that all 6 of the side markers that I'm using are the same size! I still need 2 red Hummer body rear, side marker lights if any of you guys happen to have any!!!!!!

fr8cture 04-01-2014 10:43 PM

Re: Chevy Crewcab Dually Build

Those look great. I really like all the detail your putting into it. More than I was planning. Can't wait to see what you got sitting at your house. lol

Hwheeler73 04-01-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr8cture (Post 4731037)
Those look great. I really like all the detail your putting into it. More than I was planning. Can't wait to see what you got sitting at your house. lol

Me too! A couple of orders from RPP. An order from Locked Up and some stuff from a couple of guys on here. Oh! And my light kit that Heyok made for me!

OH! Big news! I finally found a set of 1.9 Double Troubles! I am seriously bummed out though! I don't think they'll be there till Friday and I'm only swinging by. I'll be stopping on Thursday! Anyway, the tires and wheels that are on it now will probably be for sale along with a bunch of other stuff when I get closer to being done with it!

fr8cture 04-01-2014 10:57 PM

That's great news. I had the double troubles with the body but I was having a hard time selling the body since alot of people are intimidated by a project body that I just sold the wheels first.

Hwheeler73 04-01-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr8cture (Post 4731046)
That's great news. I had the double troubles with the body but I was having a hard time selling the body since alot of people are intimidated by a project body that I just sold the wheels first.

Yah, I understand! Lol! I'm actually going to end up with 2 sets of dually rims. I found a set on eBay that are very close to the double troubles. I guess "knock offs". They are in shanghai I think. Anyway, I ordered them and they ended up being on back order. Then yesterday afternoon, I found out that Semi Joe had gotten ahold of a couple of new sets! So I snagged one of them! I've got an idea for them though. Being that they are pretty much the only dually rims made, everyone building a dually uses them. I want mine to stand out and be at least a little bit different!

It's kind of funny. There's so much trial and error with this build. I'm going to be left with a decent amount of unusable parts when I'm done. But, that's a good thing! It'll help fund my next project! A Southern Buggy!

fr8cture 04-01-2014 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hwheeler73 (Post 4731054)
Yah, I understand! Lol! I'm actually going to end up with 2 sets of dually rims. I found a set on eBay that are very close to the double troubles. I guess "knock offs". They are in shanghai I think. Anyway, I ordered them and they ended up being on back order. Then yesterday afternoon, I found out that Semi Joe had gotten ahold of a couple of new sets! So I snagged one of them! I've got an idea for them though. Being that they are pretty much the only dually rims made, everyone building a dually uses them. I want mine to stand out and be at least a little bit different!

Anodize/power coat them black and have some remachining on the edges. That would be sweet.

Hwheeler73 04-01-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr8cture (Post 4731055)
Anodize/power coat them black and have some remachining on the edges. That would be sweet.

You suck! LOL! That's exactly what I had planned! Also with scale hardware! Ok, well maybe it's just that great minds think alike!?

fr8cture 04-02-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hwheeler73 (Post 4731057)
You suck! LOL! That's exactly what I had planned! Also with scale hardware! Ok, well maybe it's just that great minds think alike!?

Haha sorry I'm a mind reader. Didn't I tell you? Should look sick.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Hwheeler73 04-04-2014 06:21 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I got my new rims and tires! I'm going to down to the powder coaters this morning with them to see what we can do with them. I'm really happy about the tire choice too! I think I can live with what is sticking out now. The dual sets aren't quit as wide so they don't stick out as far. Yeah!

Hwheeler73 04-04-2014 04:36 PM

Ok, so he got them done! Trying to decide if I should post the pics or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H2Micr0 04-04-2014 05:42 PM

What, you don't like them?

Cheers
H2Micr0

Hwheeler73 04-04-2014 05:51 PM

I do! Just trying to create suspense!

fr8cture 04-04-2014 05:53 PM

I already leaked the info just show them. lol

Hwheeler73 04-04-2014 05:56 PM

Yah, thanks! Dun dudda dunnnn!

Hwheeler73 04-04-2014 05:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/vy8y4y2a.jpg Sent from the great unknown!!

fr8cture 04-04-2014 06:02 PM

you cut out the middle to put warn hubs?

H2Micr0 04-04-2014 06:06 PM

They look great!!!!!

Really suits the rig.

Cheers
H2Micr0

Hwheeler73 04-04-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr8cture (Post 4734494)
you cut out the middle to put warn hubs?

Yip! I have a buddy that runs a gun shop, my other hobby, and has a machine shop. He actually put the dang things in his mill and did it! It was his idea. I think it's awesome! The are actually not powder coated. It's called CERAKOTE. It's kind of like powder coating but a lot tougher! It was actually developed as a coating for guns. The next time I'm in town, he wants to do the polishing on the rims with one of his machines. So they'll have to wait for a while for that.

fr8cture 04-04-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hwheeler73 (Post 4734499)
Yip! I have a buddy that runs a gun shop, my other hobby, and has a machine shop. He actually put the dang things in his mill and did it! It was his idea. I think it's awesome! The are actually not powder coated. It's called CERAKOTE. It's kind of like powder coating but a lot tougher! It was actually developed as a coating for guns.

I saw a guy get his method wheels cerakote'd a gunmetal grey color it also looked sweet! I love the hub idea. "thumbsup"

Hwheeler73 04-04-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fr8cture (Post 4734504)
I saw a guy get his method wheels cerakote'd a gunmetal grey color it also looked sweet! I love the hub idea. "thumbsup"

Thanks! I have to get the right size scale bolts for them. I thought I had them already but I can't find them if I do.