Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: c0bra’s ccw razors edge build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2024, 06:58 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default c0bra’s ccw razors edge build

I’m starting this thread to document the progress of a new local class 1 comp truck. Admittedly the truck isn’t exactly going to be fully legal as my local group doesn’t really like seeing aftermarket chassis in class 1. However they didn’t complain about the v1c1 based truck I’ve been running.

Anyways this truck is based off the ccw razors edge chassis in titanium with their intheworks link kit running 10.3 portals. The front axle also has brass knuckles.

The rest of the drive train is a tgh motor mount and ccw skid/transfer case that has a 26% ud. It’ll be running a dlux driveshaft from the motor mount to transfer case with incision shafts going to the axles

The rest of the chassis is running the ccw dual servo and panhard mount as well as 1 of their cross members. With the rear crossmember being swapped out for one I designed with an integrated servo winch mount.

The rest of the electronics will be a savox 2290 for steering, a Holmes tug buddy for a servo winch. Motor and esc are a revolver 1800kv snub nose paired with a crawl master v3 and a sanwa rx.

Wheels and tires are boom racing 1.9 wheels with voodoo foams and 4.19 pitbull rocker tires.

Shocks currently are element with ccw pistons, 4 hole front 5 hole rear with 50wt xtr shock oil.

Now the good part. Pics!

Not currently on it is the new front battery mount

Now onto the body, which is a rc4wd 4Runner

My hopes are to have this truck done within the next few weeks for a shakedown run at Rausch Creek on April 12-14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2024, 03:04 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: c0bra’s ccw razors edge build

I like where this is going.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 05:52 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

That's a pretty serious looking ride. Motor and electronics tuck right in there - nice build!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 07:05 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Oh man, I got a feeling that's gonna be a good looking little rig!!
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 05:59 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Ended up swapping out the ccw dual servo mount in favor of a custom one I designed. The main reason was because I am hoping to run a shv650 in the truck which just wouldn’t fit in the original mount.

So I designed my own mount in fusion and adjusted the battery mount to work with it.

Tomorrow I will be taking the truck to get bumpers made for it. Idk if they will be perfect, but they will at least be functional. I’ve also picked up some stainless and aluminum tubing to route the winch line through the chassis.

Old 04-11-2024, 10:28 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Got quite a bit of an update!

Bumpers are on the truck, winch line is routed through the chassis, wiring is just about done, and body is painted!

Yes it is turned on in the pic, was too excited to unplug the battery as I just finished the leds

The parts added since the last update include a lockedup hook and orange winch line as well as most of a power shift Rc led kit. I mean most because I cut it up quite a bit and really only used a few inches of wire that was attached to the individual led. The rest is custom routed and mostly sleeved with heat shrink for protection.

Also added an ierc roof rack and gspeed g-spot

Still need to paint/add some scale accessories and figure out a driver and passenger

Old 04-12-2024, 02:51 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

That is a nice looking truck.
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 04:47 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Ran the truck at Rousch and found a couple of issues to fix.

The biggest one by far is if the truck is level or going downhill the motor is rubbing the front lower link and it’s creating a loud screech. To fix it I plan on swapping out the lowers for high clearance, which will be set up to go around the motor for clearance.

Other issue I found was lack of front weight. At the start of a steep climb the front end just lifts off the ground easily.

c0bra’s ccw razors edge build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
c0bra’s xtra cab v2 build c0bra SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builder Kit 2 10-31-2022 07:26 PM
c0bra’s yd2 sx2 build c0bra Non Crawler RC's 11 07-11-2021 09:43 PM
c0bra ifs wraith 2.0 build! c0bra Axial Wraith 8 05-26-2020 02:43 PM
c0bra’s tf2 lwb build! c0bra RC4WD Trail Finder 2 12 04-16-2019 08:51 AM
c0bra’s trx4 bronco build c0bra Traxxas TRX-4 6 03-28-2019 08:46 AM