Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Alumatruggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

looks killer, very interested in what your gonna do for a body, i saw that you were making the panels but wondered if you were gonna go for full body over it....

Can the rear wheels touch the cage?
balang_479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2007, 05:32 AM   #42
RCC Addict

As for the body I am still going to try for something like this truggy but may differ a little just for the ease of making the panels. The rear wheels will go outside the cage and the chassis will bottom out on the ground. To clarify stangkillerss from the cab to the rear axle is correct for a truck body but from the a pillars to the front axle is a little long for a standard truck, When i put a truck body on it the front axle centerline is about were the front bumper is.
Attached Images

sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Very nice build, I think it looks much better than the first one you build, and that was a super cool truck!!! Awesome work man!
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #44

I like it alot! impresive building skills... btw are the tlt front shocks not too soft?
gottoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottoy View Post
I like it alot! impresive building skills... btw are the tlt front shocks not too soft?

Thanks guys for all the comments again. As for the TLT shocks the spring rate was fine but the action of them was a little sticky and not smooth , also I could not find any other springs for them if I needed a different rate. Thats why they got changed out for a set of associated shocks.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:19 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
As for the body I am still going to try for something like this truggy but may differ a little just for the ease of making the panels. The rear wheels will go outside the cage and the chassis will bottom out on the ground. To clarify stangkillerss from the cab to the rear axle is correct for a truck body but from the a pillars to the front axle is a little long for a standard truck, When i put a truck body on it the front axle centerline is about were the front bumper is.

thats why they call them truggy's, find the rear of a truck you like from the cab back and panel the front

edit, by the way, it looks killer, I need to get to dialing in my ttr proto-type
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #47
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

you probably are aware of this but at toys r us they have a brian deegan? (the moto-x rider) truck body that i think would look killer on this rig or your next. its flat black and kinda the same style of truck your building.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #48

WoW! looks sweet so far. I think that panels is definately the way to go. It would be a waste to cover up all that sweet tube work with a body. Also is there a tranny in there or is that direct drive?
kaisersoze16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:23 AM   #49
RCC Addict

I had one of those bodies but I sold it. It fit a set of BFG's perfectly.Their was no tranny but I put one in it for now the 7700kw motor didi not enough torque to pull it with no tranny. I am looking for a large out runner and i'll try that with no tranny. As far as a CORR truck I still got a coupple of ideas , what do you think about these for bedsides??? They are still rough I just knocked them out late last night. Also drove the truggy I got two good doughnuts in and stripped the ring and pinion out of the TLT rear end:-( .
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2007, 08:30 AM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
Also drove the truggy I got two good doughnuts in and stripped the ring and pinion out of the TLT rear end:-( .
Maybe it would be worthwhile to look into a beefier axle, perhaps a wheely king axle?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:38 AM   #51
RCC Addict

I was thinking about that but I believe these were hurt in the last project but they are toast now for sure. today I am going to rob them from my crawler and try it again. We'll see what happens then.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #52
RCC Addict

Well I got the axle put back together and di some outside testing WOW crazy fast and difficult go staight and keep one front tire on the ground.
Seems like top speed is near 40 maybe but very hard to get there I need to lower the battery down in the chassis and move some weight rearward but not too far even driving at half throttle and punching it lifts the right front and carries it until it loses traction androlls over. I will try to get a video of this thing but i do not have a video camera so i'll try and borrow one.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:41 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Took it outside again and stripped out the gears in my losi tranny so i was looking to scavange a tranny somewhere when I came across an old RC12L and i took its rear end and used it for a tranny. it works very well nice and smooth. still need to work on gearing a little but its very close. Tonight at work i'll start making body panels.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

looks dope, cant wait to see it with the body?
zrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #55
Tig
Pebble Pounder

Sniper,
Awesome job looks killer. The body panel looks insane. Keep up the great work. One of these days I'll get to mine
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #56
~THE SCALE SHOP~

that prerunner rear fender is SICK! awesome man, give this rig the body is diserves! a CORR/Baja body! not some girly go-kart/buggy body ;)

keep it up! you plan to make some front fenders to match?
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:26 PM   #57
RCC Addict

I will make a set of fronts to match but I dont think they will fit on this chassis right. I did not design this chassis for that. post some pics of what your talking about with the rear of a truck???
Old 06-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #58
RCC Addict

well i am in need of suggestions.
A. should I keep the truggy look with panels made for a body.
B. Shorten the cage to put on a CORR type lexan and aluminun truck body like the one pictured above.

I cant really decide which I like better.....

oh here are some updated pics of it as it is now.
the rear will be a piece of cake to modify for a truck body but the front will have to be taken completely off and rebuilt. But thats ok I am off work for a weeks long suspension so I got some time to play with it.
Attached Images

Last edited by sniper; 06-13-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:23 AM   #59
RCC Addict

I like the look of a truck body on it, but thats just me. The panels just dont quite look right.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:36 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Her is some mock up shots of what I was thinking about for the CORR truck body to use the fenders are rough just to see if i like the shape of the molds the finished produts will be smoother.
Attached Images