Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Lake Havasu Crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #121
Rock Stacker

Welcome, congrats on the new baby and the Venom. I don't know if we will be at the "OG" spot Sunday. I just drove by the school district building behind NPG Cable and the man made rock area out front maybe a spot. Myself or someone else will post our location before we go out.
SWelte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #122
Rock Stacker

we will probably meet @ sara park just past the new dog park on the right. but keep an eyeout on here if something changes.
a venom,i saw one in vegas at a comp and was very impressed(though it was highly modified).
as of now no truck is needed to get to either of our spots so you are good to go.
yz120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #123

Howdy sil80det welcome to the forum. Would like to know your name or if you would like we'll just keep calling u by your user name, whatever. My name is Josh, by the way. Venoms look pretty cool and seem to be very capable. look forward to seeing you out there a crawling.

I say we hit up some of those rock piles that were not as far as White Rock, seemed like a good spot to set up a course. But i don't really care. Whatever other people want to do, or if someone finds a different spot i'm up for anything.

How's the move going Scott, getting everything settled down. Sounds like your still running around with your head cut off. I'll ask Shawn if we need help with the race, it's looking pretty scary. We don't even have a tranny yet.

Well i'm keep my eyes open for new spots, and maybe i'll rob Shawn servo off his truck, to get mine up and running to show you guys how it's done.
hatt0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #124
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWelte View Post
Welcome, congrats on the new baby and the Venom. I don't know if we will be at the "OG" spot Sunday. I just drove by the school district building behind NPG Cable and the man made rock area out front maybe a spot. Myself or someone else will post our location before we go out.

i also looked at the man made rocks today,looks like we could lay out a few courses. could be a fun spot!

josh,any luck with the shocks?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #125

With any luck my parts will be here tomorrow so I will have the truck back in one piece. Josh you still looking for a servo cause I think I am going to put that 5985 in and I will have the 645 extra.

Let me know
Nightfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #126

Default hello

My name is Nathan. Ive been into wheeling for years although I havent had a 4 by for a while. I built the real thing for about a year helping out Rick Moonyham at Trick Toys Fab. I remember when we built the rocks in front of Round Table, it was a school project. At the time we wanted to drive are real trucks on it. Have to go down when no ones there though, I used to have a xxxt and when I tried to drive it on the rocks during lunch they wouldnt let me so we'd go after school and no one ever said anything. Up on Chery Tree there are lots of good places mostly on rip rap "Its the large bolders put down to retain slops and washes." Went out last weekend to try it and its really hard on rigs. Always getting wheels wedged in. Cant belive I didnt break anything. Ill keep watching here for your next meeting.
sil80det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #127
Rock Stacker

Because it is the weekend I don't thing we would be a bother to anyone or anyone would bother us at the school district. Who knows.

The move is going good, the inside is looking good (of course the wife took care of a lot ) and as of tonight I am able to walk in the garage and see the floor. I was able to move most of the rc stuff into the house (office/project room) so I have heat, a/c, and the computer one desk over, Dish Network ( yeah Josh I changed ), and Sirius......hooked up!!!!!

Now the back yard we will be moving rock in shortly ( you notice I said "we" fellow nine28rcrc'ers ) to build the crawl course. I am hoping to incorporate natural terrian with man made. So I want to start as soon as possible.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #128

Let us know when to come over Scott and we'll get that backyard into and giant crawl pit. Where is this rock pit you guys keep talking about exactly, i would like to drive by it and check it out.

I might have to hit you up on that offer mike about the servo, we'll see what happens. Shawn order and big servo so he will have an extra 645 but that depends on when that get here before the weekend. i'll let you know.

I haven't had a chance to do anything with those shocks yet mike, been surprizingly busy at work. They look like they might to short for my setup. the belly clearance would be insanly low, but we'll see.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #129
Rock Stacker

The area we are talking about is just east? of Acoma on Havasupi (Industrial turns into Havasupi at Acoma), if you are going up Havasupi it is on the right side, almost directly behind NPG, pull into the school district parking lot and you will see what looks like a rock wall/planter. Did a drive-by today but need to get a rig out and wheel it.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #130

Default hello

My name is Nathan. I've been into whelling for years although I havn't had a 4 by for awhile. I built the real thing for about a year with Rick Moonyham at Trick Toys Fabrication. I remember making the rocks in front of round table, it was a school project. Have to go when no one' s there though we used to get chased of during school days. Cherry three has some good spot mostly in the rip rap "The large boulders set up to retain slops or washes. Tried it out last week. Really hard on rigs though, always getting wheels wedged in. Can't belive I didn't break anything. I'll look here to see when your next meeting is. Hope to be there.
sil80det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #131
Rock Stacker

Might have to check out the Cherry Tree area. Was up there a whlie ago but I guess I missed the rocks.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #132
Rock Stacker

Sunday's coming. Get the rigs ready. Where are we meeting

I DO NOT support Eritex products.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #133

Ok, truck is back in one piece and ready to run, so Sunday looks good for me. We meeting at a new spot or the same ole place?
Nightfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #134

Hello everyone, been busy trying to get ready for Parker. Well got the truck all ready but the tranny decided not to work, couldn't get the computer synced with the mechanics of the torque converter, really sucks. We've been pulling long hours to try to get this truck at Parker and it just didn't happen. Anyway, i'm up for crawling sunday, i'm going to swing by the rock pit by NPG and check it out, but I kinda picked last weeks spot, so the big decision goes to someone else this time. Where every i'll be there. i'll try to remember my camera this time so maybe i can post up some picks after i buy a STAR from these guys. Let me know whats going on. How do you guys like my new avatar. I just bought a star so now i can post pics, and do other cool stuff.

Last edited by hatt0710; 02-07-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #135
Rock Stacker

That sucks about the TT. I didn't make it out to Parker either, just too much to do at the house. I am up to go for Sunday. I think we should hit the originaL spot. Then when we are all together figure out what we want to do. Now with that said, if it rains a lot today and muds out the wash the school district would be the spot to hit just because I think it would dry out quick. So.......did I confuse everyone? Check out the spot by NPG and see what you think. I good for any spot, it's been a couple.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #136

That sounds good Scott, original spot sounds fine. Unless it does rain to much and is to muddy. Then somewhere else might have to do. I checked out what i thought you guys are talking about. By NPG behind that church, and the rocks are on a hill, a bunch of misc. rocks on a slope. Didn't look like a good spot to setup a course or anything but what do i know. I might have been looking at the wrong spot. Let us know Scoot what you come up with sounds to me your in charge this week. By the way how's the move coming. Getting it all figured out. Plan where the rock pit is going yet. Anyway talk to you guys later.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #137
Rock Stacker

went scouting today and found a couple spots.
1. at the end of black hills dr.
2. end of gold springs rd. (donkey acres)
i think black hills could work even when wet,very high grip rock.
both have ample parking very close.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #138

i'm up for anything let me know where to go. someone pull the trigger.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #139
Rock Stacker

Well with rain the original spot will be flooded. So I say Black Hills Rd. Mike found the original spot and it was good, so it's all on Mike.......haha. If you could post up some directions that would be cool.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #140
Rock Stacker

OK! mcculloch to cherrytree then right on ceasar then go left on black hill dr. go to the end of the road.
there will be a small area to park.
c-ya tomorrow if it`s not raining.