Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New Axial RTC Budget Build................

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #81
Pebble Pounder

got mine in and love the attention to detail axials have. i cant wait to fiddle with customizing upgrades, foo shoo

dragit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #82
Pebble Pounder

that looks tight dude
medina619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #83
MFDesigns

nice paint.
mfawv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

Default bender i have a rtc driveshaft question

hey thanks for the compliments... the only issue i have had with the rtc is the driveshafts sliding off next to the trans. i dont want to overtighten the allen screw and strip it but damn it falls of like every run. bender if you see this post do you have a quick fix for this issue? let me know thanks
Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragit View Post
hey thanks for the compliments... the only issue i have had with the rtc is the driveshafts sliding off next to the trans. i dont want to overtighten the allen screw and strip it but damn it falls of like every run. bender if you see this post do you have a quick fix for this issue? let me know thanks
blue thread lock
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Locktite and another M3 set screw on the other side of the yoke (as long as they are the metal yokes)

Had the same problem with my RTR, works fine now.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #87
Keep it real

Quote:
Yep, a drop of threadlock on the setscrew and you're good. I also like putting a setscrew on the other side, extra insurance.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:58 AM   #88
Pebble Pounder

very cool ill have to try that thanks for the heads up
Old 06-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #89
RCC Addict

Mine's gettin Axial's aluminum color pack with 4 bent links (grey), rtr hardware upgrade kit so I can install all the aluminum, and some Pro-Line Chisel G8's pretty soon.
Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

Mine's gettin Axial's aluminum color pack with 4 bent links (grey), rtr hardware upgrade kit so I can install all the aluminum, and some Pro-Line Chisel G8's pretty soon.

wheres the pics?????
Old 06-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #91
Rock Stacker

Picked up an RTC to get my dad into crawling and out of the box it had radio issues....could not get full forward throttle. Called Axial and they said try a different radio, so I put an old traxxas radio in and that fixed the problem. So the radio is being sent back for replacement. Also, after the battery got any less than half charged it had either steering and no throttle, or throttle and no steering. Put a Castle BEC in and solved that problem. The BEC really woke up the truck fosho.....steering is WAY better. And you can actually go forward and steer at the same time which is kinda nice. So far minor issues, but easily fixed and overall pretty cool way to get pops into crawling.
fullsyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #92
RCC Addict

I'll get some pics next time it's out.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #93
Pebble Pounder

I may have missed this somewhere, but does the RTC have the stronger diff lockers? or are they still the soft ally ones?
Oze30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #94
JSN
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I may have missed this somewhere, but does the RTC have the stronger diff lockers? or are they still the soft ally ones?

According to the specs on axial's site they come with the HD lockers... i haven't opened up my son's RTC's axles to confirm this though.

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/ax10rtc/
JSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #95
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsyzz View Post
Picked up an RTC to get my dad into crawling and out of the box it had radio issues....could not get full forward throttle. Called Axial and they said try a different radio, so I put an old traxxas radio in and that fixed the problem. So the radio is being sent back for replacement. Also, after the battery got any less than half charged it had either steering and no throttle, or throttle and no steering. Put a Castle BEC in and solved that problem. The BEC really woke up the truck fosho.....steering is WAY better. And you can actually go forward and steer at the same time which is kinda nice. So far minor issues, but easily fixed and overall pretty cool way to get pops into crawling.
I noticed sometimes when my steering is in a bind and I am trying to go forward I have no throttle at all until I release the steering. Is this why? Would a BEC (I dont even know what the hell that is) solve the problem? Thanks
tjcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Mine did the same thing. I replaced the ESC with a Novak Rooster Crawler, well worth it!
Old 07-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

^^^^^ BEC issues^^^^^ I struggled with my truck for a long time because of the same problems you are having. I even got a sidewinder and still had the issue. 2 routs. Get a BEC and wire it in or get a servo extender and strip the center wire out of it and put it in line with your esc. Then add a seperate reveiver pack to run the esc and servo. Both work like a charm. I went with the latter, because I liked adding the extra weight so low and added an extra 6-cell and some batteryplates on my rear axle and ran it.
theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #98
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowguy View Post
^^^^^ BEC issues^^^^^ I struggled with my truck for a long time because of the same problems you are having. I even got a sidewinder and still had the issue. 2 routs. Get a BEC and wire it in or get a servo extender and strip the center wire out of it and put it in line with your esc. Then add a seperate reveiver pack to run the esc and servo. Both work like a charm. I went with the latter, because I liked adding the extra weight so low and added an extra 6-cell and some batteryplates on my rear axle and ran it.
Thanks for the help.
tjcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #99

On these new shocks what weight of oil is used ? The shocks will be mounted on a 35 deg angle from the ground. And what spring would be best to eliminate the little torque twist?
Pipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #100
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipi View Post
On these new shocks what weight of oil is used ? The shocks will be mounted on a 35 deg angle from the ground. And what spring would be best to eliminate the little torque twist?
The stocks have 30wt oil in them stock. It would probably be a good idea to pick-up a shock oil set ranging from 20 to about 60 and try a few set-ups. I usually run lighter oil out front and a little thicker out back.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote