Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My Frogger Buildup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #221
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
I did take alot of weight out of the tires...the fronts originally had 4 balls each...I took those out. Then I moved those to the rear. The rears had 2 balls, I moved those to the front. I'm actually talking to 99RAM about getting some sick rims made. My rovers will get here today, and then I can have a heavy set of wheels and tires for some terrain, and some light stuff for floating.

I have yet to romp on this setup. I just got it buttoned up last night, and it was raining. I did get a bit of couch crawling, but that is not the makings of good video.

I am looking for an HD camcorder. Will try to pick one up (convince the wife to buy one) this weekend.

Casey
Hey Casey, do they run any crawl comps near you out in China? I am curious to see how your chassis and setup would do in a comp.
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #222
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
Hey Casey, do they run any crawl comps near you out in China? I am curious to see how your chassis and setup would do in a comp.
I am near Hong Kong, and I know Hong Kong has some trucking. (I call it trucking because I saw some youtube video...not really fair to call it crawling)

I dont have any comps near me...but, I plan to fly to Beijing and compete in some small comps. I have also been talking to a few others in different cities about this. Crawling is getting more and more popular, but not in my city. I have not managed to find another crawler in 17 million people. But, that just means I am looking in the wrong places.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #223
RCC Addict

Quote:
I am near Hong Kong, and I know Hong Kong has some trucking. (I call it trucking because I saw some youtube video...not really fair to call it crawling)

I dont have any comps near me...but, I plan to fly to Beijing and compete in some small comps. I have also been talking to a few others in different cities about this. Crawling is getting more and more popular, but not in my city. I have not managed to find another crawler in 17 million people. But, that just means I am looking in the wrong places.

Casey
I'd think with the lack of space you people have there that crawling would make sense. Go to a new construction site... park, something and have a blast Anything new on the rig, like a flame thrower, or self righting stuff or
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #224
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
I'd think with the lack of space you people have there that crawling would make sense. Go to a new construction site... park, something and have a blast Anything new on the rig, like a flame thrower, or self righting stuff or
Lack of space? Hahahaha. There is a ton of space here....it is just used in the most rediculous manner. If you use Google Earth, and zoom in on Shenzhen, you will see that there is ALOT of open space.

To be honest, I go to the broken construction sites all the time. Destroyed concrete and rubble is quite loose and very challenging.

I have been thinking about a turret mounted AK-47, but my delrin cross bars will need a bit of reinforcement.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #225
RCC Addict

Lol, what do I know All that I think of when I see china is:
Smog
people on scooters
noodles
pandas
and the olympics

I know what you mean, it makes me kinda work on that disaster robot idea...
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #226
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

There has to be some "good ol' boys" in China somewhere. Hmm might have to go up to Mongolia, they might have some.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #227
RCC Addict

I google earth'd it. it looks like there was a mineing pit or something that looks like fun to crawl?
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #228
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
Lol, what do I know All that I think of when I see china is:

Smog
people on scooters
noodles
pandas
and the olympics

I know what you mean, it makes me kinda work on that disaster robot idea...

Actually, your description is quite close...Haha. There are Pandas EVERYWHERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
There has to be some "good ol' boys" in China somewhere. Hmm might have to go up to Mongolia, they might have some.
I have been looking. I did find some, but they are a short flight away, and they dont seem to be as "into" it as I am. I will keep looking..and perhaps import some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
I google earth'd it. it looks like there was a mineing pit or something that looks like fun to crawl?
there are a ton of places to crawl. I am on the western side...it is called Nanshan. You can see a ton of contruction there.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:55 AM   #229
RCC Addict

Quote:
Actually, your description is quite close...Haha. There are Pandas EVERYWHERE!

I have been looking. I did find some, but they are a short flight away, and they dont seem to be as "into" it as I am. I will keep looking..and perhaps import some.

there are a ton of places to crawl. I am on the western side...it is called Nanshan. You can see a ton of contruction there.
Panda's?? There are definately lots of "Chickens" around!! (I am not talking about the feathered kind, eh...might be an inside expat joke..)

I don't know if the things most people ride evan qualify as scooters, but close enough!!

Casey is right though, there is TON's of open space both construction and "free range" rock!! lol Between where he lives and where my apartment is, there are, literally mountains of natural rock. Think of all those chinese martial arts movies where the temple was on the top of a giant rock with some stairs carved in....well, they exist. Well, at least the mountains do!! lol!! There's soo much highway and bridge contruction going on, so they are excavating and blasting holes in mountains everywhere, just takes some looking around, it's a friggin huge country, and most of the population is crowded around the cities, step outside the city and it's still pretty much like early 20th century America.

Casey, if you are bored, take your shiney new car and drive towards where my apartment is in Foshan, Shunde. Take the new highway, and just look around, you'll find 1000's of places to crawl!! Or cruz up the pearl river, some of the place where the river has cut through the mountains is insane. Just some idea's!!
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:19 AM   #230
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoK5 View Post

Casey, if you are bored, take your shiney new car and drive towards where my apartment is in Foshan, Shunde. Take the new highway, and just look around, you'll find 1000's of places to crawl!! Or cruz up the pearl river, some of the place where the river has cut through the mountains is insane. Just some idea's!!
I will just wait for you to come out here. I have tons of crawling areas 5 minutes from my apartment. Not to mention, I am 10 minutes from Shekou and all the rocks down at the water front. I just got a shipment today from RPPHobby and from TCS, so I should be ready to rock by tomorrow.

Casey
Old 08-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #231
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion ax-10 View Post
i like em
Hey david bout time you joined the forum when are you gonna post your build thread?
icemancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #232
RCC Addict

Hey, did Santa arrive??
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #233
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoK5 View Post
Hey, did Santa arrive??

Hey Art...yeah, Santa made his delivery a couple days ago. I got the dig installed and have been working on all kinds of new issues. It is amazing just how much stress is placed on the front axle housing when the rear is locked.

Thanks again for sending that over. Good luck in a few days at Disney. I wish I could be there. Sounds like it will be a ton of fun.

Casey
Old 09-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #234
Tossin' Salad

I got a few things done the last couple of days. Pretty happy so far.

1. Installed the VP dig with original axial steering servo (size reason)
2. Did my gunner beef toob upgrade to the front
3. Ordered another few sets of 3Racing CVDs (not installed yet)
4. Ordered and placed the body decals that I got from BOWTIE

Casey
Old 09-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #235
Tossin' Salad

I got my white links today, courtesy of Rockerrc. These look awesome on here with the white BOWTIE wrap and white chassis.

Also, here is a close up shot of my dig servo. It is damn close to my upper links. I think I will go with a mini servo bracket and run the 225 servo.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:42 AM   #236
Rock Crawler

looks awesome casey now you need uppers made of white also! bad arse looking.
rockerrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #237
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerrc View Post
looks awesome casey now you need uppers made of white also! bad arse looking.
The plan was to pull a couple of my white cross bars and swap those to black. I will do it eventually.

Today I have been romping around the living room in 2wd with 4S lipo. AWESOME! I tried wiring 6S, but it didnt respond.

Casey
Old 09-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #238
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The plan was to pull a couple of my white cross bars and swap those to black. I will do it eventually.

Today I have been romping around the living room in 2wd with 4S lipo. AWESOME! I tried wiring 6S, but it didnt respond.

Casey
casey I have been working on a bunch of scale stuff maybe we need to talk about that stuff? that is if your in to scalers too!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:10 PM   #239
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerrc View Post
casey I have been working on a bunch of scale stuff maybe we need to talk about that stuff? that is if your in to scalers too!
Have you taken any pics of your stuff?

Casey
Old 09-09-2010, 05:50 AM   #240
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Have you taken any pics of your stuff?

Casey
not yet but I will!