Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My pro comp rig journey...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

we have touchdown!!!!

got the SLW v4 wheels,blue rings and spacers,zero ackermann knuckles and this sick ass chassis.

just kinda sucks i didnt know the wheels come in different widths and got some super narrow .700 ones,lookin like im gonna have to hit up CI for those extentions.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #82
RCC Addict

I was so impressed with the C.I. wideners. They are awesome and a very reasonable price. I can't believe that thing is not already built though ! I figured you would have it finished by now !
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

well i pulled it all out and snapped a pic,gotta wait til my 8mo. old son goes to sleep so i can go to town on it.

so you got those wideners too huh? is it just a PP thing to get em?
Old 06-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #84
RCC Addict

If I remember right they take Paypal. I know the feeling with a little one around. What is the deal with them they are just so needy !
Will be watching have fun !
Old 06-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

lol yeah dammit why cant he be born ready to do shit himself? lol just joking,i love my son Walter he's kickass!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Yeah, I love my son Nicholas. He is my life, he will be turning three in two weeks and he will not let me forget it either. I have been probably just as impatient as you, waiting for you to get started. Looking forward to it. DON"T FORGET MEASURE ONCE, TWICE, THREE AND MAYBE MORE !
Old 06-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

nice,i cant wait til my little guy is that big,he's our first so its all new to us.

and i have to wait to get the XR10 FSJ tranny before i start measuring.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

got some pics...

just couldnt help myself,had to mount some tires on those bad Oss wheels,im not gonna have the SLWs all around,got the black DH IIs coming with blue rings also.

it is a pretty trick chassis,was cake walk to assemble fit was awesome finish i dont wanna get into as im a anal machinest (thanks to my old german boss lol) and i think my links will be almost perfect!!

still waitin on axle parts-gears,spools,bearings,servo,rear plate,CVDs most will be here tomorrow for sure! the spools are gonna take a while as they were sent via DHL and it took my chassis 4 days longer then everyone elses that got sent out at the same time.

any who let me know what you guys think? not a bad rig to jump back into crawlin with Ehh?

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 06-08-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #89
Tossin' Salad

great...you got it. One thing though...the small threaded cross bars are meant for going between your shocks front and rear....not for the chassis topper.
You will see when you get your roof panel on...the rear portion is the spreader for the shocks and the last post for the roof.

And that thing will look badass with the blue beadlock rings.

Casey

Last edited by KC_JoNeS; 06-08-2011 at 06:19 PM.
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

yeah came shortly after the mail lady i was stoked and i have some Black delrin rod im gonna use for the shocks post.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #91
RCC Addict

sweet ! ! !
Old 06-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

INDEED!!!

some more pics,couldnt help myself i had to make a semi roller to see how the shocks and links would mount up,the rear plate is gonna be changed from the one used in the pic (tcs) to a VP so the rear might if any change a little.

i call it a semi roller because theres no R&P just the shafts to hold the wheels on,gonna need to drill relief holes in the rims,DRV what size did you drill?
Old 06-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #93
Tossin' Salad

Your stance is perfect! Once you get some real tires on there, it will be wonderful.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

yeah,I might try out some khaos rovers.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #95
Try to Bend it

That Blue on Blue looks mint. Nice work.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

thanks highlucks!

once its done it should look way badass.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

So was thinking,can anyone recommend a decent priced lipo balancer? i have a thunder power for the moment im getting a elite and true power i think it is? and i have a duratrax ICE intellipeak but no balancer.

also might need to pick up a larger mAh battery too,any suggestions? need one to fit on the front tray.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. crawl View Post
INDEED!!!

some more pics,couldnt help myself i had to make a semi roller to see how the shocks and links would mount up,the rear plate is gonna be changed from the one used in the pic (tcs) to a VP so the rear might if any change a little.

i call it a semi roller because theres no R&P just the shafts to hold the wheels on,gonna need to drill relief holes in the rims,DRV what size did you drill?
Man that is heading in the right direction. The wheels were used from BadAttitude and I believe he got them used. The SLW V4 are drilled with 2 holes approx. 1/8" not positive on size and you should check around on size. Also the DH's have a removable relief plug. I don't know if the DH 2's do or not.
I don't know what camera you are using but, that blue is POPPING out of my screen.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #99
Rock Stacker

Sweet how stoaked are you huh? All day I kept checking in to see if you updated a few hours went by and whamm you got that thing mocked up.. love the colors im jealous!
davidmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

Thanks DVR,its comin along nicely. i dont think i could have gotten my shocks more perfect,its sittin nice but this last rebuild was the last for the seal on the caps so now they slightly leak when left on they're sides. Im using my 8MP evo 4G and its mostly my background lighting making it pop like that.

davidmcox: thats funny sh*t,i have been on usps tracking 4 different numbers today,then got rid of 2 and received another 2 one for the rear R&P and CVD and another for my 4PL and Hotwire!! im ****in stoked indeed buuuuudy.

well after dinkin with it for a few mins I discovered the rear links on the tcs plate were just a hair too long with the bent axial ends and before the shocks maxxed out the rod ends were maxxed out and flexing,so i changed the bent axial ends for revo ends.

After I looked at the VP rear plate real good because mines comin tomorrow and I would've had the same problem with that one too so I swapped the rear plate with a modified stock axial servo plate with a old lower shock mount off a emaxx xtm aluminum arm on it,and it will match up with the VP rear plate holes too so when the new plate gets here im gonna trim a little off the links and leave the rear links set up like this but with the VP plate so it will be a little more foward. also the little bit of added height of the links leveled them to the chassis almost perfectly.

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 06-08-2011 at 11:24 PM.