Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: my ax10.... let the modding begin!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 01:58 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: my ax10.... let the modding begin!!!

well.... the old girl is getting crawled this weekend.. there is about 6 of us showing up at a buddies house.. same course as the pics at the top of the page.. should be a fun time.. lots of people in a little space haha im taking both rigs but i will get some video of the day's adventure..
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 03:05 AM   #62

Looks good.
bcbsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #63
RCC Addict

thanks man. i have run into a money crunch so i wont be doing much to it unless i get some money back from my taxes... which im pretty sure will happen since i only made $15,000 in the last year.

i'll get a friend to film one of my runs this weekend with my camera.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #64
RCC Addict

well the crawler has been doing me well so far. i havent made any changes lately just been working on my driving skillz..

i did finally pick out a new body.. i found a 41' willys pro mod body but figured it would of been too much work to get it to look right so i passed on it. today i decided on the 34' ford pickup, do some trimming and it should look good. im not home right now but i will be home tomorrow so i'll get some then.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #65
RCC Addict

got home on sunday and started trimming. gonna have to narrow up the body posts but i think it'll work.. its a little wider than the stock body but should be ok. with enough cutting i should be able to get it close to the same height as the stock body was.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #66
RCC Addict

so did some trimming last night and this is the lowest i can get it.. still a little too high for my liking but the truck bed is hitting the battery plate and top of shocks.. i thought about it for a while and im thinking the rear fenders are gonna get in the way... i really wanna run it this weekend but i dont want to scratch the shit out of it before it gets painted.

what do you guys think?? my rear 3-link is falling apart so gonna make some temporary links until i can afford the colored kit. time to go through the rig and tighten up the bolts and nuts and screws since its been a while since i've done that.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #67
RCC Addict

well i had the body sitting on my bed and of course my fat ass sat on it.. oh well.. dented the driver's window/door a bit and put a crack in the wheel well.. it is what it is i guess... just gonna beat the piss out of it anyways.. haha

took some time yesterday and went through the rig, pulled wheels off, made sure hex's are tight, the steering link and drag link where they bolt to the knuckle was loose so i tighten that up... gave the tires a quick spray of simple green and blew them off with the air compressor... bolted up my 4-link plate, made some lower links, still have to do the 2 upper links for the rear so i can finish the 4link. this body is looks pretty sweet though.. im happy with the way it turned out.. it should look way better once painted.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:07 AM   #68
RCC Addict

ran the rig again this weekend.. i finished up the 4-link and it did pretty good.. but the driver was out of tune today we'll have 2 more indoor crawls and then head outside for the summer do a little traveling to some local spots. i have a chassis in the works but it'll be another month until im running that...
Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #69
RCC Addict

bought a robinson racing hardened diff locker gear for the trans last satuday and i tossed it in the rig tonight. hopefully its dry enough tomorrow i might be able to go out on my course and test it out.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #70
RCC Addict

whoa its been a while.. so updates...

got the new trimmed up and mounted then i left it at a friends house to get painted so i'll pick it up on either april 15th or 22nd. tires are still treating me well, tighten up my front 3-link a bit, rear 4-link seems to be good, no glitching problems or nothing.. did some crawling at home last week and probably do some this week.. i dunno yet. robinson racing trans gear held up awesome..
Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post
well... i have a honcho with some mods and im building a trailer to tow behind it... my friends have modded ax10's and the honcho just cant quite keep up on our sunday crawl sessions and i've weighed my options of piecing a rig together or just buying an RTC.. decided it would be cheaper to buy an RTC so thats what i did.. it just came in on wednesday and i picked it up the same day and have been playing with it a little bit in the house.. i've had to tighten up the driveshafts about 12 times already but thats expected...there's a few things im gonna mod and stock sucks!!!! i have borrowed a set of weighted 2.2 hammers so will be running those for now until i decide on a tire.

here is my mod list: some will be done very soon and some will be done in 2012 when money allows me to.

-move body posts up a little higher
-make alum links including steering links
-new servo
-new tires
-weight wheels
-trim body
-spring tuning
-4 link the rear

i have no intentions of entering any comps except a few mini comps with my friends.. i have no plans for dig or queer steer.. mods will start to happen after i get my nitro savage back together. i will add some pics on friday.
You don't have to "make" your front steering links. Pick up the "Rear Steer Kit" that axial makes for the AX10. It is the exact kit you need to upgrate your plastic front steering parts to aluminum as the geometry is exactly the same in the front as in the rear. It's a ready made set of aluminum links with rod ends, hardware and all. Just assemble them, bolt everything up and you're good to go. Will probably save you a couple dollars too!
DiggyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #72
RCC Addict

i would if i had money since im jobless.. i made some links because my front 3 link had too much slop for my liking and i had the material so these links are temporary until i can afford the aluminum link kit. i cant dump any more money into until i put some money towards some fines.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #73
RCC Addict

so im at my grandparents house in chilliwack bc again and i found a couple hobby shops was browsing through one of them and found a set of aluminum c-hubs for cheaper than what i could buy them at home. they are from GH Racing.. i got some time today so i'll get them swapped out and post some pics.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #74

are you running aluminum rims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post
no im not, but im pretty sure that the AE-2 esc has a BEC already but i could be wrong too..

didnt get any pics of my crawler but a friend did so we'll have to wait for those.. here's a couple pics i got of the days event.these are all ax10's.

this one is weird the rock was stacked and he was driving over them and this one followed him and landed pinned down the front end and stood there on its own.. you could have left it there all day with no problems!! he drove out of it and landed it too..
redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #75
RCC Addict

nope. the blue and white crawler has XR10 rims and the datsun 510 is running the stock axial rims.

im also running the stock axial rims. i'd love a set of aluminum ones but cant afford them.

Last edited by AX10wannabe; 04-06-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #76
RCC Addict

well..... when i was down in chilliwack last week i had some time to browse around at some local hobby shops and found a set of GH Racing aluminum c-hubs and they were cheaper than what i can get them here at home so i bought them. i couldnt find the right length screws so i bought some longer ones and just slapped them on the rig while out of town, then when i got home on monday i dug around in my screws and found 4 the right size friggin sweet had a couple screws back out and fall off yesterday during testing but nothing a tiny bit of blue locktite cant fix.

im redecorating my course right now and gonna work on it today so hopefully in a little while its crawable again and i'll do some more testing. been thinking of taking off the servo horn spin it one more notch and making a little longer drag link then trim some more off the bolt holding the drag link to horn so i can get a couple more mm of steering.

we can add $31.00 to the total for the c-hubs will get pics today
Old 04-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #77
RCC Addict

well we did a little crawling on the 15th and it didnt go so great.. i was out of tune... the we were supposed to have a "spring fling" type of deal on the 22nd, well apparently one of the guy's was rebuilding his rig and couldnt make it so if he wasnt coming he brother wouldnt come either plus a couple other people couldnt make it so we pushed the date back a week so now its this sunday...

i did order a set of overdrive gears for the front today...yay!! should be here next week or the week after. other than that not a lot of stuff happening with it lately.. should charge a couple batts and get some stick time in today..
Old 04-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

its crazy, i know there is alot of people around the Okanagan with crawlers, so why is it so hard to get people out to crawl........i'd go every weekend for sure, SA is kinda far though.....lol
MaD222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #79
RCC Addict

ya i know eh??? its weird..

there's like 7-8 of us that get together every second weekend most of us are local (SA, vernon, armstrong) but there is a couple people that come from kamloops.

i know a couple more people too.. one is in Blind Bay and the other in Vernon.

we are crawling tomorrow and once again im the camera man so i'll get some more pics and a video of the event this should be the last indoor crawl until fall.. depending on what the weather does.. its nice knowing a guy with an indoor course too so at least if it starts raining we can go to his house and some crawling in at least!!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #80
RCC Addict

the OD gears are on backorder but my LHS said they should be here around the 15th. the crawler course should be getting redecorated on saturday hopefully. i have a job interview today at a furniture company and they are open weekends so if i get the job i might be stuck working this weekend.. oh well..

i bought my mom's old mastercraft workbench so i've been sorting out some of my rc stuff so not much room to work on the crawler right now but i do have to locktite the front driveshaft.. should be able to get some pics today.

oh and i forgot to mention that my new body should be painted now.. dropped it off with a friend to paint he blew an o-ring in his gun and it only hold like 2lbs then it leaks out right away so he called up a friend that has the same gun and he is getting his buddy's repair kit sent to him. should've been here last week.

Last edited by AX10wannabe; 05-07-2012 at 10:11 AM.

my ax10.... let the modding begin!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
where should i begin? tellicobeach Newbie General 4 05-20-2010 01:22 PM
Let the mods begin! mr.freeze Axial AX-10 Scorpion 30 12-20-2009 03:25 AM
I should have bought an AX-10 to begin with... warDialer Axial AX-10 Scorpion 14 09-12-2009 10:11 PM
Let the hating begin..... -w-designs Paint and Body 22 06-08-2009 12:15 AM