Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Alt battery mounting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Alt battery mounting?

Anyone found other options for battery mounting? I wouldn't mind moving the CG forward and down. I think I saw a pic in Siggy's thread of one placed lengthwise under the hood.
rbronco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2020, 09:59 AM   #2
Custom Carbon Fiber

Default Re: Alt battery mounting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbronco21 View Post
Anyone found other options for battery mounting? I wouldn't mind moving the CG forward and down. I think I saw a pic in Siggy's thread of one placed lengthwise under the hood.
If youre not running the stock cage you could use Krazed Builds front carbon fiber plate. It wont work with the stock cage since it moves the servo over and the battery above the left front axle.
Capra Carbon Fiber Front Axle Plate

Theres also this one - It slides under the stock servo and sits loose above the stock upper links. You would need to velcro the battery on it.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/7B...97723&li=shops

Or you could try a piece of lexan loosely zip tied to the front upper links. Depending on your battery size you could velcro strap it there.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 10:29 AM   #3

I took out the bulk head and my batteries lay down. It’s nice for all the cable to have a place. I had to add some plastic to lengthen the bottom of the tray. This also keeps the lipos off of the spinning slipper clutch nut! I have since taken that 2s out of its hard case for an easier fit. First pic is of a 3s 3700mah. I don’t know about any cog effect it has this way.

woodcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:06 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Hello mate. Have replied in that other thread... But basically my V1 design is very similar to Woodcoxs one, just a bit tighter.

But I imagine with the interior in position (which I've not done yet) then it would be a complete PITA for me and my fingers.

My V2 as I described in the other thread will be with the battery sitting nice and low and forward between the 2 front wheel well bulkheads. This will be much more accessible and further forward. Of course this will be with my 850mah packs lay flat but you could put bigger packs in that way on their side....

Forgive me folks but here is a link to the UK forum with my build on for reference (hopefully thats ok):

https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/...goat/#comments
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:02 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

That pink is great! I had the same idea for flat black scoops on the hood and roof. Looks good on the doors, too. I plan on keeping the hood and roof simple and doing some more details on the door, but shipping and hooby shops in California are not doing well. I think I have all my paint except black. Mostly out of stock online and the shops are just reopening, so I need to make some calls.
rbronco21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:54 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbronco21 View Post
That pink is great! I had the same idea for flat black scoops on the hood and roof. Looks good on the doors, too. I plan on keeping the hood and roof simple and doing some more details on the door, but shipping and hooby shops in California are not doing well. I think I have all my paint except black. Mostly out of stock online and the shops are just reopening, so I need to make some calls.
Thanks man! And good to see you in the UK Ether!!

Things are starting to speed up here re deliveries but still not the same stock levels....

Still haven't gotten back onto the Capra - my Marlin / LC70 C2 took all of my time last weekend but hopefully get some Capra time soon!...
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Alt battery mounting? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery mounting? rockassassin Axial Wraith 7 04-09-2014 05:58 AM
battery mounting life_livin Axial AX-10 Scorpion 35 05-28-2008 08:53 PM
battery mounting mini-man HPI Wheely King 8 05-04-2007 09:10 PM
battery mounting obijuan General Scale Talk 2 02-25-2007 09:15 PM
ALT. Battery for Nylint Jeep TheTrav5.9 General Crawlers 8 08-23-2005 10:10 AM