Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: NEW:Axial 1/18 Capra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2023, 10:05 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: NEW:Axial 1/18 Capra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2471:24 View Post
Another question: does anyone know how strong servo the lizard pro can handle without installing an external ubec?
Your previous question about shock oil. Not sure anyone knows what the stock oil is for certain. Lol. It’s likely pretty light. Throw some 20-25wt in and you’ll be okay.
The Lizard Pro isn’t going to handle much without an external bec. 2 amps isn’t crap, and there claim “no need for external bec with big servo” is BS. Like I mentioned, I knew this going in and planned on using a direct power servo anyway. Also, the Lizard Pro will only run a servo at 6.5 volts.
The new Python Pro esc will do 7.4 volts and 5 amps. A lot of servos 350+ oz can pull 5 amps when stalled, and several will pull that with less torque. Best bet is to read the manufacturer’s claims regarding amp draw for specific servos. The Reefs Raw 400 LP is a popular servo for this rig (other brands have similar/same servo under their logo as well), and will definitely need an external bec with a Lizard Pro. Again, pricing out a high voltage low profile servo plus external bec (plus a bunch more wires to deal with) versus a direct power low profile servo and I believe that the direct power servo sells itself. I know everyone has different budgets, expectations, etc so hopefully some of this helps.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2023, 10:24 AM   #82
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
Your previous question about shock oil. Not sure anyone knows what the stock oil is for certain. Lol. It’s likely pretty light. Throw some 20-25wt in and you’ll be okay.
The Lizard Pro isn’t going to handle much without an external bec. 2 amps isn’t crap, and there claim “no need for external bec with big servo” is BS. Like I mentioned, I knew this going in and planned on using a direct power servo anyway. Also, the Lizard Pro will only run a servo at 6.5 volts.
The new Python Pro esc will do 7.4 volts and 5 amps. A lot of servos 350+ oz can pull 5 amps when stalled, and several will pull that with less torque. Best bet is to read the manufacturer’s claims regarding amp draw for specific servos. The Reefs Raw 400 LP is a popular servo for this rig (other brands have similar/same servo under their logo as well), and will definitely need an external bec with a Lizard Pro. Again, pricing out a high voltage low profile servo plus external bec (plus a bunch more wires to deal with) versus a direct power low profile servo and I believe that the direct power servo sells itself. I know everyone has different budgets, expectations, etc so hopefully some of this helps.
Ok, thank you very much! I’ve poured amounts of money to my 24:s, this seems to end the same way. Well, good that my money goes towards something I enjoy.
2471:24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 01:24 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ok, thank you very much! I’ve poured amounts of money to my 24:s, this seems to end the same way. Well, good that my money goes towards something I enjoy.
As long as you’re enjoying it, the money spent is justified.
Old 09-10-2023, 11:13 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

I’m waiting on big updates from injora and asiatees. I took the stock wheels off and started glueing the vent holes. 2 are ready. Interesting too see how it will work out.
Old 09-17-2023, 12:42 AM   #85
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I’m waiting on big updates from injora and asiatees. I took the stock wheels off and started glueing the vent holes. 2 are ready. Interesting too see how it will work out.
Works much better.
Old 09-29-2023, 01:33 AM   #86
Pebble Pounder

Mine is starting to work really well with all the upgrades. I’d like to make mine a bit longer. Any ideas for longer links, what would fit?
Old 09-29-2023, 11:39 AM   #87
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Mine is starting to work really well with all the upgrades. I’d like to make mine a bit longer. Any ideas for longer links, what would fit?
Nice to hear that your rig is working well for you! I recently had neck surgery so I haven’t had much wheel time with any of my trucks. Before lengthening the links I’d strongly recommend trying the pen spring mod on the shocks. Lowering the center of gravity helps tremendously. However, if you go with longer links, you may have to get longer center driveshafts as well.
Old 09-30-2023, 05:47 AM   #88
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Nice to hear that your rig is working well for you! I recently had neck surgery so I haven’t had much wheel time with any of my trucks. Before lengthening the links I’d strongly recommend trying the pen spring mod on the shocks. Lowering the center of gravity helps tremendously. However, if you go with longer links, you may have to get longer center driveshafts as well.
Hope you recover fast and safe! Thanks for replying almost immediately every time.

My stock shocks started leaking really soon(hate that, so needed changing), so I upgraded with injora 70mm double spring shocks. They don’t leak and work really well. Stock utb18 springs in the back and droop setup front, shocks angled almost horizontally.

Yeah I know, new center driveshafts needed also. Hmm, should have thought about this earlier because I already have new metal driveshafts which aren’t installed yet..
Old 09-30-2023, 09:25 AM   #89
Rock Crawler

Gratitude bro. Healing up well.
Don’t ditch the driveshafts. I can’t say for certain that you’ll need new ones if you went with longer links, just something to consider, which you’re already aware of. This is definitely an interesting little rig. Performance out of the box is surprisingly good with the main setback being the stock electronics, but man a handful of upgrades and this rig is really an animal. Hoping to get mine back out in a couple of weeks.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:36 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Anyone see the V2 version? Looks like they upgraded the electronics, kept the price the same, and are selling the V1 versions for $30 off
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 05:18 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
Anyone see the V2 version? Looks like they upgraded the electronics, kept the price the same, and are selling the V1 versions for $30 off
Haven’t seen it. Who’s selling it, or is it on Axial’s website?
Old 02-26-2024, 01:37 AM   #92
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Axial's site, literally side by side.
Goos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 03:40 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
Theyre both the same rig, only difference is they upgraded to spertrum electronics. The v1 is $219 iirc n the v2 is the original $249 price tag

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 02:36 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Theyre both the same rig, only difference is they upgraded to spertrum electronics. The v1 is $219 iirc n the v2 is the original $249 price tag

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
I just watched a video on the V2 version. Did notice a couple of different things from the V1, but nothing I’d classify as an improvement.
Old 03-22-2024, 04:54 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

Anyone else used the dlux shock package? Any suggestions for oil wt? I picked up a set, just looking for some opinions.
Old 03-30-2024, 06:33 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

So I put the Furitek system in both of them. So much better. Paired with a FlySky radio, low speed control is much improved. And it’s quiet!

The dlux shocks are nice! Still getting used to a lot less droop. But I like it. It’s just me bashing around in the landscaping, so I tried to trim all the unnecessary frame but keep a cab and interior. Having a lot of fun with these little guys.
Old 03-31-2024, 07:43 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

Rigs look good man! Been so busy I haven’t had time (or weather) to get any of mine out, but hopefully soon.