Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: Wheelbase vs trailing arm length

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2016, 10:06 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wheelbase vs trailing arm length

Installed some Blue Monkey Wraith length trailing arms and it made the wheelbase 14.25". I kinda want to go shorter still so might try to pickup some twin hammers trailing arms.

MNorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNorby View Post
Installed some Blue Monkey Wraith length trailing arms and it made the wheelbase 14.25". I kinda want to go shorter still so might try to pickup some twin hammers trailing arms.

That looks good! What rear uppers? Wraith? Mind putting the spare tire back on and taking more pics?
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:39 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

wraith uppers were too short, I think because the bomber has the lowers less triangulated it pushes the wheelbase back a bit more that the same setup on a wraith skid. I made these for now with revo ends and all-thread, when I finalize my setup I'll sleeve them with tubing. I'll try to take a pic with the spare here later. I prefer it without the spare and with it off the rear end looks way to far back, hence why shortening it and cause less belly-outs on ledges.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:17 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

14.25" wheelbase with spare:

Old 01-03-2016, 12:21 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Yeah it does hang out there pretty far but 1:1 Bombers are similar

Old 01-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Old 01-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

The 1:1 does but some but the axial has the rear chassis right above the axle which is ok when hidden by spare but w/o spare I dont care for it. Also shorter wheelbase will allow for rear steer easier to clear servo inside chassis, just have to gut the bottom of the fuel cell
Old 01-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #28
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
I am going a different / similar route in that EmeryworX is building a Bomber chassis for me based on a Wraith skid and Yeti Trailing arms since i will be using my SS Trans and Wraith running gear.
If youre having a custom chassis done, you should consider the UCfab skid plate. Much, much nicer than Wraith or Yeti skids and they come in trailing and non trailing arm versions. Additionally, they are always in supply and ready to ship.

Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:41 AM   #29
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Looks like this thread has stirred up some good interest on the Wraith length trailing arms on a Bomber. Good enough that we are all sold out of not only the Bomber length but also the Wraith length!

Thanks a bunch for the orders and support guys! We should have more of both sizes in about 2 weeks.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
If youre having a custom chassis done, you should consider the UCfab skid plate. Much, much nicer than Wraith or Yeti skids and they come in trailing and non trailing arm versions. Additionally, they are always in supply and ready to ship.

The Wraith skid was changed to a stock RR10 thanks to Screamer posting where I could get one with DMG adapter. I thought the UCfab skid was a one off thing to be honest so I overlooked it. Maybe later if.it.bolts up I'll get one. Thanks for the heads up though.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Looks like this thread has stirred up some good interest on the Wraith length trailing arms on a Bomber. Good enough that we are all sold out of not only the Bomber length but also the Wraith length!

Thanks a bunch for the orders and support guys! We should have more of both sizes in about 2 weeks.
Any thought of a twin hammers length trailing arm that would shorten the bomber even a little more?
Old 01-04-2016, 02:48 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

x2 I'd love a third length option in Dlux's awesome 7075!
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:14 AM   #33
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Any thought of a twin hammers length trailing arm that would shorten the bomber even a little more?
You came to the right guy!

I can do whatever length you want, cheap too as long as I can throw them in a batch and they are not 1 off. On top of that, if you want a upper link to match, thats not a problem. No using janky Jato ends either, straight up Revo and proper.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:36 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Awesome. I'd definitely be interested in the twin hammers length trailing arm and matching upper for the bomber. From what I can tell the uppers need to be pretty much the same length and the trailing arms eye to eye?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
wraith uppers were too short, I think because the bomber has the lowers less triangulated it pushes the wheelbase back a bit more that the same setup on a wraith skid. I made these for now with revo ends and all-thread, when I finalize my setup I'll sleeve them with tubing. I'll try to take a pic with the spare here later. I prefer it without the spare and with it off the rear end looks way to far back, hence why shortening it and cause less belly-outs on ledges.
So the stock wraith rear upper links will not work in this setup? Are you familiar with Screamers build that performs the same mod? It seems on his build the stock wraith rear upper links are long enough? Unless I missed something.

Can you confirm?

Thanks!
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:01 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

It may be that he is running the currie rear axle and not sure if there is a truss difference in link mounting location. My current trailing arms are some used Blue Monkey wraith ones and when I used wraith length uppers with those it pointed the pinion down a bit. When comparing the stock bomber uppers/trailing arms they are pretty similar in length. I bet DLux could confirm when length upper is required with a Twin Hammers length trailing arm.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:15 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

Can anyone tell me how long the front lower and upper links are? I would appreciate it mucho!
Ahod39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:35 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
It may be that he is running the currie rear axle and not sure if there is a truss difference in link mounting location. My current trailing arms are some used Blue Monkey wraith ones and when I used wraith length uppers with those it pointed the pinion down a bit. When comparing the stock bomber uppers/trailing arms they are pretty similar in length. I bet DLux could confirm when length upper is required with a Twin Hammers length trailing arm.
You are using stock bomber rear axle?
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:40 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm31078 View Post
You are using stock bomber rear axle?
yes, I am.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:29 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

I am running a Currie off center axle in the rear now but ran it before with a stock AR60 housing. On the Currie axle, do to its design, the lower link mounts can only be ran in the flipped position or with the longer link mount at the bottom where the TA attaches. On the AR60 housing I ran the link mounts in the standard orientation with the shorter mounting point at the bottom. This difference alone will give you a 5mm effective link length difference. Not sure where the Currie truss is in relation to the stock truss on the stock axle. This is one area where trailing arms are inferior to conventional lower links that have much more adjustment possible. It always gets me how dynamic suspension setup is.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote

Wheelbase vs trailing arm length - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone done a trailing arm rear suspension? 95geo Axial Wraith 26 09-03-2013 11:07 PM
Twin hammers trailing arm length? fordsuperduty Vaterra Twin Hammers 0 06-03-2013 03:57 PM
Shortcourse 4-link vs. trailing arm desertmaxx Non Crawler RC's 4 09-07-2010 06:40 PM
trailing arm links mookie Redcat Crawlers 6 07-07-2010 06:43 PM