Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial RR10 Bomber

Notices

Thread: OHOs Bomber.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2018, 01:46 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: OHOs Bomber.

The camera has to have a video out capability first and it seems they didn't bother to put one on the sessions.
It's a shame but i guess it's their lower cost option.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2018, 06:47 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
The camera has to have a video out capability first and it seems they didn't bother to put one on the sessions.
It's a shame but i guess it's their lower cost option.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I guess it's also to keep it square too.
It acts as more than just to keep it small, you can put it anyway in the mount, forwards or backwards and at sideways angle, if that makes sense.
It's very good for RCing at obscure angles
Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:02 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Hmmm, so, considering I was so well set on leaving this brushed, I am currently making it brushless lol!

Circumstances dictated it more than anything, my Team Associated SC10 has sold, the buyer wanted it as a roller, so I thought why not put the brushless gear in the Bomber, just to see what it's actually like.

I will keep the brushed electrics just in case I don't like it brushless, it's not a sensored combo, but it's never cogged really and cogging is nothing a little hit of throttle can't cure.

I will say, this motor (and many others like it) are a real testament to the quality of HobbyWing electrics.

This thing has had a hard life from new, it's been in all sorts over the years and it really does still run like a new motor.

The ESC of choice will be a HobbyWing WP-SC8, which this motor has been paired with all it's life.

At 3400kv, I'm not sure if it's perhaps a bit high for 3s, but we will see, I am not sure on gearing yet, but I have a 10t pinion and a 14t pinion, I will probably just go with the 10.

The next videos posted aren't brushless, they are already done, but I do hope to give it a brushless shakedown in the not too distant future.

Old 06-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #44

When I went from brushed 21t to brushless 3500kv on 3s, the speed on the stock pinion and stock shocks made it roll over constantly even though I lowered it as much as I could. I'm using a 10t pinion now. Beef tubes helped keep it on its wheels a lot, and shorter shocks helped even more. I may switch to an 11t pinion because my perception of the bomber being too fast was because it was rolling over all the time, but I have it pretty stable now.
BattleShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:41 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleShrink View Post
When I went from brushed 21t to brushless 3500kv on 3s, the speed on the stock pinion and stock shocks made it roll over constantly even though I lowered it as much as I could. I'm using a 10t pinion now. Beef tubes helped keep it on its wheels a lot, and shorter shocks helped even more. I may switch to an 11t pinion because my perception of the bomber being too fast was because it was rolling over all the time, but I have it pretty stable now.
Thanks for the tips, I actually just gave it a little shakedown run outside, it's not super stable lol, but on nice loose surface it should be good at reasonable speed.
A bit of throttle control should help, I need to give it a proper run though.

Well, she is now brushless, gave her a quick shakedown on the street, the prop shaft came off and I broke the lightbar on a nasty front flip, so I decided to just remove the lightbar for now.
Lots of power now, not as fast as the Yetis, but the acceleration is great, assuming due to it being quite low geared, I opted to go for the 10t pinion, so I am running 10/64 currently, on 3s.
We're hoping to head to the quarry soon, so I might get some pictures and a little bit of video, depending on how I feel.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Proper maiden run with the brushless system installed.

Such good fun, restored my love for the RC hobby today with this Bomber.

We also had a couple of spectators.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:50 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

EXCELLENT pics!

The action shots, especially.

(baa, baa, Black Bomber...)

Maybe you should name your rig the Black Sheep Squadron Bomber?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baa_Ba...ep_(TV_series)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:54 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
EXCELLENT pics!

The action shots, especially.

(baa, baa, Black Bomber...)

Maybe you should name your rig the Black Sheep Squadron Bomber?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baa_Ba...ep_(TV_series)
Thanks, glad you enjoyed them today is the day I fell back in love with RC that's for sure, been in such a slump lately, sold a few models even and considered selling them all.
I really needed to get out with my DSLR and have a good bash and photography session
I'd never heard of that until now lol, might have to check some episodes out... I'm into my older TV series'
Old 06-24-2018, 12:27 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Part two of the recent edit from my GoPro Hero Session onboard my Bomber, following my brother-in-laws Gmade Komodo.
Enjoy

Old 08-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Actually did something to a model today, bloody hell!

Bombers new Incision lockers arrived, along with some Vanquish trailing arms and I fixed the rear driveshaft too.

Jobs a good'un, LiPos on charge now, hoping for good weather tomorrow to give it a spanking somewhere.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

Got out for a little bit today, just one pack, but it was action packed and smiles from ear to ear, I really should stop being so lazy and just go out RCing more often.

I love it when I do, but hate seeing them on the shelf, weird, anyway here's a couple of pictures from todays quick run, no action shots and no footage.

Made it home just in time as well, I was watching the rain getting closer and closer and my LVC kicked in just as I was wanting to run anyway lol.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Been thinking about putting the brushed system back in the Bomber and today I finally did it.

A few reasons for it, I already have a mental Yeti when I want some speed, the Bomber is excellent brushless, but it's also a fantastic slow crawler and having a 2.2 crawler can be so much fun, I did even think about selling it a couple of times, due to having my SCX10 for crawling, but again, I really like having a 2.2 crawler in certain situations.

So, it's back to running a Holmes Trailmaster sport 21t, HobbyWing 1080, but I've enabled the drag brake quite hard, I always had it turned off when it was brushed before, so it'll crawl much easier, hopefully anyway.

Fingers crossed I will get a run in soon as well.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:29 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

So now I'm back to brushed, I'm enjoying the Bomber so much more.

It was fun being fast, but it was a bit boring, it felt too easy.

It does mean I now have a brushless combo sat here with nothing to go in... Yet.

Snapped a few phone pictures on a little rocky area local to me, just giving it a test run to make sure everythings working right and the lockers are fine, everything seems to be.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Went to a favourite little place yesterday for a quick run with the Bomber and a quick camera test of my new Nikon D7200.

Also tried out the video mode, which came out very nicely, not sure if I'll bother uploading it or not.

OHOs Bomber. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OHOs Axial Yeti RTR Oh How Original Axial Yeti 84 05-25-2020 05:37 AM
OHOs Axial SCX10II. Oh How Original Axial SCX10 II 57 04-06-2018 09:51 AM
OHOs Tamiya Leopard 2a6! Oh How Original Non Crawler RC's 7 04-10-2017 08:04 AM
OHOs Axial Yeti XL Oh How Original Axial Yeti XL 30 03-19-2017 02:18 PM
OHOs CrossRC MC8 Oh How Original Multi Axle Rigs 2 09-12-2016 12:52 PM