Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you like my rig?
Badass 3 14.29%
Noiceee 15 71.43%
Crap 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: My Scx 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

MUCH better with out the rear bumper. there are three of us here in melbourne that crawl all the time. we are only an hour away from eachother, it would be fun to go crawling sometime with some new people. any good spots near you?
flascx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Looks good! Now ditch the front bumper and drop the body and chop the fenders!
ThunderbirdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flascx10 View Post
MUCH better with out the rear bumper. there are three of us here in melbourne that crawl all the time. we are only an hour away from eachother, it would be fun to go crawling sometime with some new people. any good spots near you?
Thank you. I am currently living in Miami, so im a little far, and there is absolutely nothing hear in the MIA (which is why i haven't posted any pics of actual trail riding.) but i will be in Orlando in a few months, Ill be there til august so maybe then we can meet up somewhere. As for psl there are some ...okk spots but nothing worth traveling for
Colorofkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

As for the front bumper, im keeping that, I personally like the way it looks..at least untill i can figure out the lights and get a new bumper. The body is a tid mit fragile so i need to keep some protection. As for the fenders, Im going to attempt to upgrade thouse to the black ones from the dingo. Idk how that will look though, we shall see though. iff i can put the other fenders on it im going to drop the back ast low as i can because it is running very top heavy. within the next week i will work on these so give me some time.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

So I attempted the fenders today....they looked awful, so i am scraping the idea. I am going to srick witht the fenders that are there, I know its not much but if i take them off completly it will look a bit silly. On that note I did trim the one I have witht the body, which allowed me to drop the body a centimeter, or so.... It is a little noticable in apperace, but when it comes to performance it has made a difference....and a termendous difference at that! The body looks alot more even now, I think my next big project for it is weighing down the front and adding some junk to the roof rack. Until then, which might be a while, im going to try and find somewhere that I can actually take this thing to make use of its intended purpose. Until then...keep it real
Old 01-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

So the lights I have just recently fixed, broke, and the body mount that i put in (temporary till i found a better mount) ended up failing on me( it broke). This after noon i spent a good hour or sooo poundering on how the F*** am I gonna remount this thing... IT came to me and so Problem solved... Thing is now sturdy as ever, and I got the lights fixed and hopefully I they wont be a problem anymore. Now that those are all taken care of, im going to start working on the roof rack again, any suggestions on some scale stuff i can make out of common house hold Items?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Lightbulb

This is my new body mount!!! This was a bit of a tough project giving that my tools where limited. It is Velcro tape, a few pieces of stapled cardboard, and a piece of ruler which is the silver thing in there. The ruler is mounted on the monster truck body mounts, and then the cardboard is taped to that which gave it the height to reach the roof of the body, which i simply Velcro taped together

This is what the rig now looks like with its new mounts. I was able to drop the body even lower, however I had to do some more trimming. The wheels are just to big to fit into the fenders, but i have to deal because i dont have the $$$$$ to get a new set of wheels and rims. and honestly I like the beefiness of the tires. Anyways i can try to get a comparison of the new and old mount if anyone wants but i dont think anyone truly cares that much.

These three Im just reppin the Land Rover title!

Old 01-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

Worked on my roof rack and made some tow cables and a hook on the front bumper.

More stuff will come on the roof rack in time, but with wut i had layin around this is all I could do!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Succesfully mounted the battery in the front of the truck!!! Now that the weights all in the front I wont be rolling backwards everytime i go up a Slope!! ! I think i need to tighten the suspenssion i the front an back its dropping about a qurter centimeter all around an a little lower in the front now that the battery is up there. Any advice as to how to do fix tha problem?
Old 01-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

OK switched the battery to the front!

This was me testing out the new weight distribution. Before this thing would barely get a guarter of the way before it rolled hood over wheels... that was corny...forget i said that.. anyways. Next weekend Im goin back to the home town and if the weathers nice imma get this thing off road!

Old 01-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

That pretty steep! Looks like you have it setup good for steep inclines
th67ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

lol Thank you I will say this thing is pretty capable
Old 01-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Thank you very much!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorofkris View Post
Alright I'm very new at this, so new that i started my account about 3 hours ago. Atop of that I am working with my First rock crawler which I received for Christmas. I am a land rover junkie so a majority of this rock crawlers future will be resembling a land rover. In the past 2 days I have succesfully mounted an LR3 new bright body onto my rock crawler, which has been a dream of mine since last January when I found out that they made these pieces of art! I have not changed or altered any parts to this other then the body. It is completely stock. This thread is going to be the following of this rock crawlers travels, changes, and adventures. Let me know what you think. I'm fairly excited to get some feed back on this thing!!!

Here are some pics of its first true out door run. This is what im starting with the SCX 10 Trial Ready Dingo

Well anyways thanks for letting me start an hope anyone, if anyone, that checks this out enjoys
I see that your are a newbee,but didn't anyone tell you that your truck runs better on all 4 wheels?
bassinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Love the build but you really need to shorten the rear links it would look so much better.
Bigpopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpopa View Post
Love the build but you really need to shorten the rear links it would look so much better.
I would if i knew how, Ill look into it. Thanks
Old 01-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinguy View Post
I see that your are a newbee,but didn't anyone tell you that your truck runs better on all 4 wheels?
lol So ive heard that, think its just a rumor though.It really rolled down a 5 foot...cliff thing, it was one of my first true runs though, so newbie is a pretty good fit
Old 01-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

nice looking lr3 i also have a new bright lr3 body on my scx10 i fixed the rear fender issue by using ruber tubing that has cut down the middle of the tube and it makes it look like it fits the wheel base here is the link to my build

scx10 lr3
colin1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin1986 View Post
nice looking lr3 i also have a new bright lr3 body on my scx10 i fixed the rear fender issue by using ruber tubing that has cut down the middle of the tube and it makes it look like it fits the wheel base here is the link to my build

scx10 lr3
Where did you get the rubber? is that something I can pic up nearly anywhere?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:31 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Btw. lookin into getting some light extension wires so that I can put the front ights on the body and remove the front bumper. Giove me a few weeks though!