Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you like my rig?
Badass 3 14.29%
Noiceee 15 71.43%
Crap 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: My Scx 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac View Post
good job with your lr3.

i would suggest removing the "new bright" from your windshield.

which color did your rig start out as? i was thinking of getting this one:

http://www.newbright.com/product/view/id/146

i just don't know how hard it would be to remove the orange. i will be following your thread.
I was unable to remove the "new bright" on the window, its not a sticker :(.

Originally it was the mudslinger edition, and it was black. Painted it green thought. I think that was the most fun part of the project, was painting. But i did that before I started the forum so no pics. Thanks though, If you ever need help/ advice with your build let me know an if u start a thread send me the link ill follow 2
Colorofkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

Ok so its been a while since Ive posted much of anything. This may make up for a bit of it, Had a day at the beach the other day an got a few good pics, you can see in some of them the front cage mod, with the lights. Havent done to much else though, havent had time. But soon I will be jumping back onto the daily grind of playin with it!

To start here is the most recent pic of how the rig is lookin!

For a close up this is the lights that I put into the "A: frame Bull bar. The LED's are through the front grill.

These r just the rest of the photos

Old 02-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #83

Love the beach shots, I bet sand got everywhere!
jcrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrosby View Post
Love the beach shots, I bet sand got everywhere!
Surprisingly only on the shell, the whole under chassis is clean as a whistle lol, thank you though
Old 03-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

So after a few good sandy days at the beach I have found the time to sart my water proofing. i have (hopefully) just waterproofed the battery, using liquid nails. And i have also zip tied all of my wires to the electronics (organized them.). I am going to get some ballons soon and finish that job up within the next few days. The steering servo however I havent even looked at. :/ . Anyways. gonna make a few more mods this evening. Wish me luck! If anybody has any help for the waterproofing let me know ( i already have the article abut the scx 10 water proofing so dont send me that link lol) it would be gladly appreciated! Thank you!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

SO just did the research on the steering servo. What a bitch an a half. anyways gonna look into getting that all fixed up today or tomorrow. That should be really fun. Other then that I have finally washed the rest of the sand off of the lr body and have found some more material to make more bungie cords. I need some advice though. I want to make a hook for my truck on the front for a tow cable or w/e. Also is there anyway to make a hi lift jack?
Old 03-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

Alright so startedworkin on the servo, got the grease on the bearing, just need to find the plastic dip stuff. Ill be making a trip to home depot tomorrow to find that. also gotta pick up balloons for the ESC and the other electircs. Also got the battery wterproofed! so im almost half way there....half way there...........half way there..(sponge bob reference)
Old 03-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Looking good. Keep up the good work.
bluechevytuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

Thank you!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

So yet another update on waterproofing, I decided Iam going to silicon seal the servo box, since i have a huge tube of it why waste the money on pastic dip right?? SO i already sealed it up, just waiting for it to dry. Im going to coat it one last time then wrap it with some electric tape for extra measurses. Tomorrow Im going to find some balloons for my electrics and possibly a plastic box for my ESC. Wish me luck!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

So i Have got the box from radioshack. Have all of the inards set up inside the box. and am working on sealing it up now. The servo is complete and its almost all water proofed. Other then that I started working on the dingo body, placed a driver in yesterday and gonna work on some scale tools in a bit. Pics up most likely soon of the setup.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Waterproofing is done!(hopefully) By the end of the week I will have a few other things done too. I have to fix another suspension problem, after moving the battery and putting the weight of the box on the front of the rig its a bit heavy. Im considering moving the battery back to its original spot and finding a way to balance it on the front. but im not to sure yet. However If i can figure out this suspension then all will be good. I might try to pick up an aluminium steering bar monday while im at the hobby shop. Idk, if i have the money i might make a few upgrades. . Ill get some pics of my newly modified rig soon just need to find some time. Until then thought, peace.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #93
Rock Crawler

ALLL DOOONNNEEE!!!! Finally. Here are a few pics of the setup now.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #94
Rock Crawler

here are some more pics from my other beach day!

Old 03-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

Broke a mirror and a bucket light on the roof rack today. :/ O well, imma start working on the dingo body, I found my driver, and im pullin the fire extinguisher of the lr3 an putting it on the dingo. Also gonna change up a few things to make it look better, got some scale tools and stuff to add. Ill see where that goes though. Pics up soon maybe? (if anyone is interested)
Old 03-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Soory for not having any recent updates. been a busy few days, hopefully as things cool down with my new internship and such (just moved into a new place, been busy with orientations and such) I will have more time to post/ mod/ and trail with my RC truck. Sadly I have had little time to tend to its needs the past few days I was able to refill the shock that I had accidentally emptied while fixing the ride hieght. Along with that I also taped a drill bit to the crappy plastic stearing Link that comes stock on my scx 10 to help stiffin it up so it doesnt bend, and make the whole trock lock up anymore. (havent givin it a road test yet but I will soon figure out if it works or not, i have my fingers crossed. Other then that I have made a few changes to the dingo body. I have a few more mods I want to make before I get some pics up though so baree with me on that. I think It looks really good so far. Anyways I will try and check back in on tuesday being I have a day off. Until then... peace!
Old 03-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

This is my dingo build, it is based on halo. Let me know what you think!

Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Quick update, last night I switched the battery back to its origina mounting place. I just couldnt get it to stay up in the front with the huge electric box :(. O well, Now all the weight is in the back again so i need o weigh down the front again, Imma work on that fairly soon.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

Crap :( it broke. Gotta wait till next week to get the part.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #100
Rock Stacker

Default Help!??

what a nice rig, Im having problems with my scx10 could anybody help me with it? the ESC continues to blink green, the receiver will pair to the controller, but nothing is active! it will not move or steer, ugh!

Im new to the scx10 crawler series, i have the orignal electrtonics. 27t motor. and esc. anything will be a big help..!!!!!
Dingotron is offline   Reply With Quote