Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you like my rig?
Badass 3 14.29%
Noiceee 15 71.43%
Crap 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: My Scx 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Heres a close up of the fire extinguisher

ohhh an heres my flat ironnnsss booo yaaaa lol (stocckkk)
Colorofkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

Putting headlights into the body today, witho out the extension cord. Gonna look siiiickkk!!!! Pics later
Old 02-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

Finished the lights!!! Boo yah! looks sick ehhh?

Old 02-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Let me know waht everyone thinks! I love to hear opinions!
Old 02-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #65
Rock Stacker

Nobody hangs a fire extinguisher on the outside of the body on a 1:1 rig...just sayin'. Especially if it's a closed cab.

Considered removing that fake mud and painting the body?
ThunderbirdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderbirdJunkie View Post
Nobody hangs a fire extinguisher on the outside of the body on a 1:1 rig...just sayin'. Especially if it's a closed cab.

Considered removing that fake mud and painting the body?
Ive wanted to put an extinguisher on since i got it, I like the way they look, an from true off road trials they are a lot better when outside the cab, that I know from experience (wasnt my truck, but a person I was riding with). Anyways, as for the mud, I had already painted the body, it used to be black I dont mind the mud at all either, if it wasnt there it would look to clean...and like everyone else's lr3, so painted yes, as for the mud... I think it looks pretty good that way
Old 02-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

very nice rig, but i have a Q?... Why did you leave the mud on the fenders and lights?
NEW YORK BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW YORK BOY View Post
very nice rig, but i have a Q?... Why did you leave the mud on the fenders and lights?
When i painted the body I taped off all the parts that were meant to stay black, I didnt primer or sand it because it would of just ruined the body (because the body was covered in it) I dont mind it that much though.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Why do I have to live in Miami, there is no where good to crawl :(
Old 02-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #70
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorofkris View Post
Ive wanted to put an extinguisher on since i got it, I like the way they look, an from true off road trials they are a lot better when outside the cab, that I know from experience (wasnt my truck, but a person I was riding with). Anyways, as for the mud, I had already painted the body, it used to be black I dont mind the mud at all either, if it wasnt there it would look to clean...and like everyone else's lr3, so painted yes, as for the mud... I think it looks pretty good that way
The only point was that 1:1s don't have them mounted externally...ever. Anybody with sense that has one in their 1:1 has it within arm's reach of the driver inside. I, for example, have a small extinguisher bolted to the drivers' seat bracket. Sometimes on an open top rig like a Defender or TJ, people may put one on the roll cage near the back seat.

At actual events, most event coordinators have (or SHOULD have, and if they don't the organizers should be shot) at least a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher within arm's reach, thus negating any necessity of an externally mounted fire extinguisher. If I had that mounted there on the Jeep, it'd get ripped off and cause extensive sheetmetal damage at the same time within the first half hour on the trail.

Also..you asked for opinions...I gave one Not meant as an insult, truck looks good otherwise.
Quote:
Why do I have to live in Miami, there is no where good to crawl :(
Bienvenidos a Miami.

Last edited by ThunderbirdJunkie; 02-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.
ThunderbirdJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderbirdJunkie View Post
The only point was that 1:1s don't have them mounted externally...ever. Anybody with sense that has one in their 1:1 has it within arm's reach of the driver inside. I, for example, have a small extinguisher bolted to the drivers' seat bracket. Sometimes on an open top rig like a Defender or TJ, people may put one on the roll cage near the back seat.

At actual events, most event coordinators have (or SHOULD have, and if they don't the organizers should be shot) at least a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher within arm's reach, thus negating any necessity of an externally mounted fire extinguisher. If I had that mounted there on the Jeep, it'd get ripped off and cause extensive sheetmetal damage at the same time within the first half hour on the trail.

Also..you asked for opinions...I gave one Not meant as an insult, truck looks good otherwise.

Bienvenidos a Miami.
Its all good I didn't take it as an insult, (didn't mean to make it sound that way). Its all good thanks for the opinion, greatly appreciated.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Fixed up 2 more ligths onto the front through the "A" Frame bull bar. Pics tomorrow prob.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

Sorry no pics just yet, TOmorrow Im headin home so I should get a chance to go crawling. Hopefully pics then!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

No pics, nor crawling from the weekend :( ended up with some crappy weather here in south Florida the only day I could go. Ended up Leavin my scx 10 back home, due to my last home stretch here at college ( 2 weeks). So no pics nor updates for a while guys. I will say thought that I am excited to get back to work on it, I just finished the lights on the grill and as well found a few things to use for my tow cables! but in a few weeks time I will be back on track. Soon I will be working on making the dingo body more scale as well, I want to make the dingo more rover...ish an bad ass. However it will not replace the lr3 body, i think the lr3 body might just be a less active one due to its fragile..ness and stuff until I get better at crawling (still a noob) so i dont ruin my fav body before I get to really have fun with it. Anyways Ill be checkin in within the next few weeks if anything comes up, and I will be back on track the Friday after
Old 02-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Been thinkin. As much as I love the lr3 body, Im gonna start on makin my dingo body more scale so I can soon put it back on. Once i get all of my tools and stuff back I will be building the body up into someting more bad ass, just as a back up, because one day the lr3 will probably break :( or get to scratched an it will look like crap. So i will then make it a trophy! lol. anyways just a thought. i mean though its a stck body its still a badass body riggght?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

So I decided I am going to make a checklist of stuff that I need to do/ want to get/ fix/ and mod on my scx 10. Imma get workin on it and post it so you guys get a genral idea of what my plans for this beast are!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Here my check list, i know its not much. Let me know if theres anything else I should do or change on this list!

Scx-10 List
1. Aluminum Links and steering bar…thing (the plastic just doesn’t cut it, sorry axial but that thing sucks.)
2. Dingo body- Make body more scale, mod lights on it
- Snorkel
- Roof rack
- Tow Cables
- Bumpers
- Lights
- Decals
3. Fix shock- fill back with oil
4. Water proof
5. Light Extensions
6. More Batteries
7. More Lights
8. Change bumpers
9. More budgie cords
10. Decals
11. Eventually invest in either the proline bronco body (with cage) or the 4 door jeep. (One of those will be my next scale rig build after the dingo)
Old 02-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #78

good job with your lr3.

i would suggest removing the "new bright" from your windshield.

which color did your rig start out as? i was thinking of getting this one:

http://www.newbright.com/product/view/id/146

i just don't know how hard it would be to remove the orange. i will be following your thread.
cadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Reomoved the front bumper 2. Maybe a better shot tomorrow!
Great build Bud.!!! but you should of ditched the new bright lr3 & gotten a Rastar LR3 to match that 1:1 Landy

Check mine out

toyotaexo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaexo88 View Post
Great build Bud.!!! but you should of ditched the new bright lr3 & gotten a Rastar LR3 to match that 1:1 Landy

Check mine out

Very nice, at the time Iwasnt aware of these bodies, if i ever attempt to rebuild an lr3 after this one I will be lookin for this one. Thanks though. I actually want to look into the abs discovery body from europe as my next land rover body.