Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Minnesotamudders honcho kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

I liked the VXL in my Rustler which was always going 30-50mph. It had horrible cogging in the 1-2mph range, which wouldn't be appropriate in a crawler/scaler IMO.

The the BRXL/35T moves much faster than I can keep up with on a trail, but I would like to try a brushless setup since I know I will get tired of brushes and comm cutting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by federally View Post
Cogging is not an issue with good sensorless setups as long as the kv is appropriate for the application. The advantage of sensored is a smoother throttle curve, however you seemed to like the Vxl which is entirely innapropriate for an Scx and it didn't bother you. So an appropriate sensorless brushless motor should be right up your alley, especially if you wanna go mudding and get wet. Sensored brushless don't like water.
Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
I liked the VXL in my Rustler which was always going 30-50mph. It had horrible cogging in the 1-2mph range, which wouldn't be appropriate in a crawler/scaler IMO.

The the BRXL/35T moves much faster than I can keep up with on a trail, but I would like to try a brushless setup since I know I will get tired of brushes and comm cutting.
This is why I went with the 1200kv Tacon. Brushed motors are a thing of the past, who wnts to have to rebuild their motor and cut commutors? I don't have the tools to cut ommutor so why go buy that stuff, then spend double or tripple on brushed motor that requires all this extra maintanence? It doesn't make any sense.

As far as sensored vs sensorless as I mentioned sensored motors aren't big fans of being wet aand muddy. You can mess up the sensor plug and mess up the sensors, which turns the motor into a sensorless motor with less power. Not to mention it costs more to go sensored.

It's hard to beat $90 for Sidewinder V2 and Tacon brushless motor.
federally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnesotamudder View Post
well its been a while since iv updated, im about to order some parts and need help on a few things.
with the dmg rear 4link mount does that come with the hardware need to mount that to the axle?(if not what do i need), also im going to order a few 3s batteries but i dont know if i should go with a few of these
http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-2200mah-3s1p-111-30c.html
a few of these
http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-2650mah-3s1p-111-25c.html
or a few of these
http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl2200-3s1p-20c-3333.html
without looking at the capacity would a 20c be that big of a diferenc compared to a 25c or a 30c?
also im not sure if i should go with the hh sport 35t motor or the hh expert 35t motor? With the price diference i could buy another battery if i went with the sport and one less with the expert, so i gess im asking would there be a significant difference?
so anybody know about the lipos?
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

just put on my dmg 4link truss on today and noticed that it didnt come with mounting hardware, i found screws to mount it to the axle but im not sure if im mounting the links right, the go on the outside right? not sure why but it sems i need a 35mm long screw with a nut, is this right?
minnesotamudder is offline   Reply With Quote