Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho - AX90022

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #81
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Your statement may be correct if you said most people on here, but most people buying these products do not come on here. Many people the world over don't do much of anything with their RTR's other than drive them and fix them when they break.

I see plenty of people using stock parts on the RTR's all the time.
I think this is an accurate statement. Enthusiasts tend to come here. I think traxxas has some good ideas. They have 6 different models of their best selling vehicle, the Slash. Anywhere from brushed entry to hardcore brushless, and the PE, an unpainted body with race ready parts. They see a market for this truck across the board, and it shows in the sales figures.

Maybe all I would suggest to Axial is to not lose the beadlocks in the kit-build version. RTR? Glue away But take a tip from traxxas and cater to the customer, even if it means 6 different models with 30 different paint schemes! the SCX-10 has potential to become a brand legend like the Slash, let's tread carefully axial
Arctic Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Not true. Wraith kit is cheaper that Wraith RTR

I personally think that they are developing the next generation of 1/10 scaler, and that's the reason behind the transition from the honcho kits to RTR. And the dingo didn't sell anywhere near the level of the honcho, so they are probably looking to sell more dingo plastic that is already molded, which is smart.

Axial listens to their customers, so that's why I threw my 2 cents in
How do you think its not true that the price would go up if they made more scale axles?
muddinscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddinscx View Post
How do you think its not true that the price would go up if they made more scale axles?
There is no difference in making the axles other than the mold and plastic formula
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:05 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Would be nice if Axial brought out a "PRO" SCX10 kit that could be just the plain chassis and all or most available Axial upgrades, no wheels or body etc.....similar to what on-road manaufacturers have eg. Tamiya TRF417, HB TCX....etc.

That way you can decide what wheels and tyres, body, electronics etc. you want to run as is currently done with the kits, albeit with the additional upgrades
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #85
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fire View Post

And I will say this as carefully as I can so i don't go down in flames again; [It is my opinion] For Noobs, the functional beadlocks are more important as a stock feature then the shafts. Many people new to crawling, who buy the RTR's, don't upgrade the motors and esc's right away, and I think the old shafts will hold up fine if your crawling your RTR (not bashing). The ability to experiment with tread pattern, composition of tires and weight in the wheels is of more interest if the crawler is already perfectly functional.
This post ^ much better then your original ones

However, I cant agree about having bead locks over the upgraded shafts...Axial shafts have had problems since day one...The plastic is wierd and they brake right at the pins. Hence why they came out with those fancy collars. I have had them break just trying to put the steel yoke in. All my SCX10s have had Traxxas shafts swapped in for the stock ones.

I took my Honcho to Rausch Creak Off Road Park, it was just built and I hadnt swapped in the traxxas shafts yet...Well with in 15 minutes the front one was broken. Luckily, I had already a fresh pack of traxxas shafts to swap in. I swapped the front one in and my friends were wheeling it and the rear one blew out after the second pack. So in went a traxxas one. Since then I have not broke any. The point of this story is that I was in PA...I am from NY, 4 hours away and there are NO local Hobby shops that I know of in the area. If I were a N00B I would rather have the upgraded shafts, wheeled all weekend with my untuned wheel tire combo. Rather then have the stock shafts blow out and now the truck is useless. The truck will still crawl descent (I would think most noobs arent competing right away...or maybe they are?) with the tires and wheels that come standard with it. I know all my friends that bought the original green bodied RTR never changed tires or weighted them. They just wheeled them but they too broke plenty of shafts and they all now have traxxas shafts from my stock.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:01 AM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Tower shows to have these in stock but limited quantities

Anyone get one yet and can comment on the overall product and what is included....a vid and write up would be great too
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote