Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Just Ordered my First Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Just Ordered my First Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KauseKaos View Post
A day late. He sent me pics and unboxing and running vids yesterday. Right after he opened the box. Dam rtrs lols
Haha. He missed out on half (or more) of the fun. If Axial didn't sell kits, I wouldn't even have one. When I was a kid me and my dad built a couple handfuls of kits over the years, and now a dozen years later (27 and 55) we built our SCX10's together. I recommend it to any father-son RC duos out there.

Now I just need to get him interested in the tinkering and modding aspect because after the initial builds were over he hasn't hardly touched a screw on it. "I'm a stock kind-a guy", he says, lol.
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Ran it yesterday for the first time (not in my room) Had a lot of fun going slow, used to driving rc's fast. I need to swap out that traxxas 2075 servo. It sucks bad. Was thinking about getting this. Yay or Nay?

TowerHobbies.com | Hitec HS-5646WP Digital Waterproof HV MG Dual BB Servo

Want a waterproof one thats not gonna break the bank. Also the VXL did ok but eventually I'm going to change it for a real setup. Any suggestions? (waterproof as well)
KauseKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

I've been running the non-waterproof version of that servo and it's been treating me well. I tested out some 4.75" Baja Claws today for the first time and it held it's own. I'm not sure how much better it would run on a dedicated BEC, but I'm just running mine off of the crappy internal BEC of the Tekin FXR for now. If you are into slow mindful crawling like me it should be fine. It's not much more powerful than the Traxxas, but enough to notice a difference, especially if you run it at 7.4V.
05Fronty4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Well we had our first outing since we all got crawlers. It was fun but the vxl doesn't climb as good as the regular setup. And I'm hooked already considering getting a honcho. Like my boys. Not a lot of video because we were to busy crawling through the park. Took a few with my cell when I remembered lol My yellow leds fell out of the housing and my rear lights weren't plugged in. Need another simple led controller.

First Trail Run - YouTube

Trailing - YouTube

First crawl Attempt - YouTube

Meant to take a pic and cell was still on video lol

Waterfall - YouTube

Last edited by KauseKaos; 04-13-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Just Ordered my First Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just ordered m3kan1k Axial SCX-10 2 03-09-2013 10:24 PM
ordered some more parts for my wk crawler iceman320 HPI Wheely King 7 03-09-2013 09:48 PM
Just ordered Tekin fx-r crawler 35t combo/Question.? toyotaexo88 Electronics 11 05-27-2011 12:14 PM
Ordered my first (well second) rock crawler venom Creeper dman65 Venom Creeper 13 02-16-2010 08:11 PM
Just ordered! yel98vwgti Tamiya CR-01 10 05-18-2008 08:00 PM