Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: JCAD - Axial SCX10 JK G6 - Test Vehicle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2014, 11:06 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: JCAD - Axial SCX10 JK G6 - Test Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
Nice update.

Chassis rail geometry the same? aside from the upperlink risers?
Yes, higher clearance over the axles, but the shock mounts and bumper mounts remain in the same location as the stock chassis.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2014, 07:40 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Oh boy...

I like that chassis!

Nice, clean and low..
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:20 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
Oh boy...

I like that chassis!

Nice, clean and low..
Soon they will be made available.

Another update:

I printed a driver and passenger for this:

Some say that he doesn't need a steering wheel to drive tiny Jeeps... others say that he resembles a large Lego figurine... All I know is he's called the Stig:

Also, A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
Anakin Skywalker has defeated the rebel scum and brought balance to the force. But now, he must meet a new challenge... co-piloting a G6 Jeep with the Stig:

(I think he's Force-Choking someone in this pic, but I'm not sure...)

So, after trying to decide what figures I wanted to chop up to fit on the 2D interior, I saw a 3D model for these lego figures and figured I wanted to try them out. The 3D model was originally for a 4X sized figure, but that would have been too big, so I scaled the model down to something reasonable and ended up with a 2X scale figure, which in a 1:10 scale rig scales up to a 20X Lego figure. (I know, stop it with all the number mumbo jumbo)
I only printed the torso up, since I knew I wasn't going to use the hips or legs, and these are still fully pose-able, and the Stig's helmet is removable.
Darth Vader came out a little rougher than I usually like, but I was having some issues with the black ABS. The Stig came out nicer, although there is still the normal texture of 3D printed plastic.

I don't have plans to make these available in my store since I didn't do the original 3D design work. I don't think it would be right making money off of someone else's design work. That doesn't mean I won't think about drafting up a new model and making those available though.

In other news, I also printed a mount for the Axial 50mm plastic Rigid Industries Light Bar (this comes in the CRC JK RTR and was part of the parts I ordered from RPP for the light bar above the windsheild):

I needed something simple, but effective to mount the bar to the bumper, and I think this works out nicely.

Also, I upgraded to some Crawler Innovations Double Deuce foams (4.5 soft up front, 4.5 medium out back). The old foams just weren't up to the task anymore, and I needed something that is known to work well.

Lastly, I went to a Lights Out competition last night at the local hobby store (The Crawl Space - awesome shop) and the chassis did great. I love the low cog, the suspension travel and the stance. I didn't get a chance to wire up some LED's for the light bars in time for the competition though, so I had to use my headlight.

I hope to have these available for pre-order very soon, so keep your eyes open for a Vendor thread about them.

Some pics from the comp I pulled from Facebook:

...and one of me helping judge a newbie driver.

Great times at the comp, I had to leave early though and didn't get to drive the last two stages. There were a lot of new drivers and most of them younger than 18. Crawlerado is growing, and the new generation is getting into it.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:25 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

By far one of the best looking chassis for my style! Awesome! I'm defiantly in on a preorder!

Jealous your in crawlrado. I really love to spend some time out there one of these days. Not much goes on here in little ole Vermont.

Subscribed for more updates, also would you post over here when preorders are available so I'm not constantly check the vendor thread? Lol thanks a bunch.

Keep up the amazing work!
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:59 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

WOW! Sub'd for sure. I really would like the all of it haha
kingfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote

JCAD - Axial SCX10 JK G6 - Test Vehicle - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Axial Vehicle bronco_trail_rig Chit Chat 25 02-17-2010 04:25 PM
My JCAD MLST2-LE SS-EXT H3T monkeyracer Non Crawler RC's 0 01-31-2010 04:53 PM
Test Vehicle #1 JohnRobHolmes Chit Chat 50 09-12-2006 08:10 AM