Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: I need some help folks! I have video and have tried trouble shooting myself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #1

Default I need some help folks! I have video and have tried trouble shooting myself.

So I finished building my scx10 and finally got my esc so I wanted to test it out quick and this is what happened. SCX10 shaking issue. - YouTube
I pulled drive shafts, both front and rear axle will do the same thing independently. Without any drive shafts it's smooth. I pulled the rear axle all apart, found a carrier bearing a skew a tad bit, hardly noticeable, pressed it flush, reassembled same exact issue. I'm suspecting its trans related now but only under load. I messed with the slipper clutch, nothing changed. I noticed the slipper shaft does move in and out a bit more than a 1/16". Ultimately I'm at a loss and have a ton of time and ching into this thing and am very frustrated. Please if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. Also I compressed the rear axle when only it was being driven, to create a more favorable drive shaft angle, and it still did this exact same thing.

Last edited by Z8APOWER; 03-17-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Z8APOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: I need some help folks! I have video and have tried trouble shooting myself.

It sounds and looks like something is off alignment. Or somewhat binding. Try running the motor, but compress the suspension front and back and see if it runs more smooth. That way you can determine if your driveshaft angles are to steep or not. Maybe it just needs time to break in lol. Sorry i cant help much more
rcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #3

Default Re: I need some help folks! I have video and have tried trouble shooting myself.

I did attempt that with no difference unfortunately, thanks for the pointers though.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Default I need some help folks! I have video and have tried trouble shooting myself.

Check your driveshaft indexing I believe both of the large pins of the cv joint need to be aligned with each other ( hope that make sense) my son in laws new rig did the same thing, we indexed the shafts and problem went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #5

Try aligning the axles. There are little dash marks that need to be lined up on each, if they are not aligned it will shake at low speeds. Hope helps.
SANTAVY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

From the vid looks like the drive shaft angles are pretty steap, that will cause chatter. try pulling the shocks out put it down and see if the chattering is gone. You might need to kick the pinions up.
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #7

I aligned the index marks everytime I installed the shafts but never payed attention to the ujoint orientation, I'll check that. I fully compressed the rear axle with only that drive shaft in and it still did it. I'll double check it though, thanks again everyone.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I am not sure if this would cause that problem but you did not mix up the links? Shorter ones in the front, longer ones in the back? When you look at the axles are the straight across the chassis or are they cocked at an angle. If they are at a slight angle look at your links.

Make sure you did not mix them up with a short and a long in the front and a short and a long in the back.
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #9

Skybolt you are my saviour! Sure as sh*t that's what it was. Seriously thank you for the input! It runs perfectly smooth now! I have no idea what I did to mess up the index marks during assembly. What a relief now that it's resolved!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #10

Looks like driveshaft angle to me. Probably binding a little.
Derek B. is offline   Reply With Quote

I need some help folks! I have video and have tried trouble shooting myself. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trouble Shooting Help Nosedive Texas 12 02-24-2012 08:08 AM
EVX2 trouble shooting..help smm_cbf Electronics 0 07-09-2009 10:50 PM
Trouble Shooting Rx? chevihemi Electronics 9 03-28-2009 11:06 PM
need some trouble shooting help... BeerMonkeY General Crawlers 0 08-29-2006 03:02 PM
Maxx Trouble shooting eb76adam General Crawlers 7 12-09-2004 04:20 PM