Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Start of a new Deadbolt project. Lets call it Project: Cheapbolt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #161
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Start of a new Deadbolt project. Lets call it Project: Cheapbolt

I can't remember but are they knockoff vp wheels? Cus you can buy the knockoff slw hubs as well. They come in 2 sizes. The wheels i bought and the set of slw hubs i also bought are different sizes.
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2016, 10:12 PM   #162
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by honchojoe View Post
I can't remember but are they knockoff vp wheels? Cus you can buy the knockoff slw hubs as well. They come in 2 sizes. The wheels i bought and the set of slw hubs i also bought are different sizes.
Good to know. I have a friend though that is supposed to have some Vanquish hubs for me the next time I see him. They should cure the problem.

One more little update. While at the Ohio comp I tore one of the Futaba decals on the side of my Deadbolt. Luckily Stickers by Jake hooked me up with these killer Poison Spyder decals!!

Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:12 PM   #163
RCC Addict

Got something shiny in the mail!!

A set of LockedUp RC OTVD shafts. These things are beefy to say the least!! Hopefully get these installed in the next day or two.

-Prime-
Old 05-20-2016, 04:54 AM   #164
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Got something shiny in the mail!!

A set of LockedUp RC OTVD shafts. These things are beefy to say the least!! Hopefully get these installed in the next day or two.

-Prime-
I've been mulling which axle shafts I want to go with, so keep us posted how these do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Jeepy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:52 PM   #165
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy84 View Post
I've been mulling which axle shafts I want to go with, so keep us posted how these do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Will keep you updated I hoped to have had them in today. I got the axle out of the truck but got busy with the kiddo, she wanted to go run short course trucks and who am I to argue. Hopefully get to them in the next day or two.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:07 AM   #166
Rock Crawler

Why did you take the axle out? You just need to remove the 4 screws holding the c hubs on and the screw holding the steering rods on.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:12 AM   #167
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by honchojoe View Post
Why did you take the axle out? You just need to remove the 4 screws holding the c hubs on and the screw holding the steering rods on.
I want to pack the shaft area with grease, just makes it a little easier for me this way. Also since I have to file them to fit the F1 spools would just rather do it this way, just a preference thing really.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:27 AM   #168
I wanna be Dave

The f1 spools are supper snug. Definitely nice!

149 r/c worx team driver
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:50 AM   #169
RCC Addict

I finally got the video from the May 7th event finished up and uploaded.
Here it is, feel free to take a look but I will warn you it is a little long of a vid.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:39 AM   #170
RCC Addict

Going to be a small addition.
So I can use my third channel for the white wire of my Castle Micro X to control the drag brake settings I need a new way to control my winch. So I picked up a HeyOK remote winch controller!

Old 06-01-2016, 01:05 AM   #171
Rock Crawler

Nice. I installed my Msmba Micro Pro and set the drag brake to max which was only 40% and it didn't do much at all. Bought castle link and updated the firmware on the mircro pro then i was able to set drag brake at 100%. Paired it with a 920kv outrunner brushless from a quad.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #172
RCC Addict

Gotta say I love these LURC CVDs. They are beefy and the extra steering is nice. There are a couple little things though that I think you should be aware of.

Here they are going in. I am running the Locked Up F1 spools so you have to file the CVDs to fit. You have to this with any axle shaft and this locker. It makes for a nice tight fit. (The cases were packed with marine grease before finial assembly)

Here is one of the things you should be aware of. The joint is large and could cause a problem with some c-hubs. With these Locked Up c-hubs there is clearance but it is tight enough that a piece of paper will not fit between the cvd and the c-hub. On some you may have to clearance the c-hub a bit. The other thing is that your stock hex may not slide up over the wheel stub. Due to the size of the neck you may need to slightly enlarge the hole in the face of it a little bit. My stock SCX hexes and the after markets I run both need this. Another set of aftermarkets I have needed no work due to a larger center hole.

Still though I highly recommend these pieces. They are beefy and should take what ever I throw at them. Plus more steering is a good thing.

Stay tuned for more.
-Prime-

Video added on 6-14-16

Last edited by Prime; 06-14-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:37 AM   #173
I wanna be Dave

Wow those are snug in there. Is there any rubbing when driving?

149 r/c worx team driver
Old 06-14-2016, 08:04 PM   #174
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon boy View Post
Wow those are snug in there. Is there any rubbing when driving?

149 r/c worx team driver
There is no rubbing under normal driving but it is very close. If there is much hub or bearing play I am sure it would cause some light rubbing and the c-hub would need clearanced then, especially if it was a cheap set of c-hubs.
-Prime-
Old 06-14-2016, 08:06 PM   #175
I wanna be Dave

Good to hear. I've got them on the to buy list.

149 r/c worx team driver
Old 06-26-2016, 11:24 AM   #176
RCC Addict

Well.... it looks like the Deadbolt is getting a make-over. I have had the stock body on the truck for over a year now and it is starting to show it's age. Plus I am getting tired of it looking like all the other Deadbolts out there lol. While at the beach last week I picked up this Proline F650 body. I had been wanting to stretch the wheel base and this body gives me the perfect excuse to do so. It has a 14" wheelbase so going to make new rear links. Going to run a modified JK rear bumper and have a Dingo bumper ordered up for the front. Here it is trimmed out, gotta figure out mounting first, then will stretch the wheelbase.

Stay tuned, more to come!!
-Prime-
Old 06-27-2016, 10:07 AM   #177
RCC Addict

Got the body mounted up. It is much bigger than the old Deadbolt body but I really like the look of it so far. Still need to stretch the wheelbase, will do that while I wait for the front bumper to get here.

More to come
-Prime-
Old 06-27-2016, 12:00 PM   #178
Pebble Pounder

started watching this cheapbolt project an thought I know this truck, lol, we are the father ,son, an daughter trucks sitting on the table by yours, daughters was a green deadbolt also, mine was the red dodge, that was a good time down there for sure!, an your deabolt is coming along nicely, love that new body.
fomoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:33 AM   #179
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
started watching this cheapbolt project an thought I know this truck, lol, we are the father ,son, an daughter trucks sitting on the table by yours, daughters was a green deadbolt also, mine was the red dodge, that was a good time down there for sure!, an your deabolt is coming along nicely, love that new body.
I remember you guys, that was a great time! Can't wait till next year. Hopefully in a couple more years my daughter will be old enough to run with me.

Thank you for the complements, this is by far my favorite truck I have ever had. Also loving how the body is looking. I mean I love the stock Deadbolt body but felt I kinda blended in, plus wanted something different and to give a longer wheelbase as try.

Hopefully get some pics up tomorrow with the new wheelbase and the rear bumper mounted up.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:03 AM   #180
Pebble Pounder

it makes for good times when the whole family gets involved, keep up the deadbolt project lookin forward to seeing more what ya doing with it.
fomoco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deadbolt, scx10 deadbolt

Start of a new Deadbolt project. Lets call it Project: Cheapbolt - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LCG deadbolt crawler project 1JEEPNICK1 Axial AX10 2nd-gen 9 02-10-2015 05:18 PM
Deadbolt aka project joker BigCountry11 Axial SCX-10 2 11-25-2014 11:48 AM
I think I'll call it project aggression... Blue buggy Axial Wraith 6 05-08-2014 02:40 PM
The i'm not sure what to call it project. motoxkfx 2.2 Scale Rigs 6 08-30-2013 07:58 AM
Start of my project bluto 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 04-02-2008 08:59 PM