Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Deadbolt build "Lowlife"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2015, 04:10 AM   #41

Default Re: Deadbolt build "Lowlife"

Pretty significant transformation haha. Now you can combine all the old parts and make a scx10 again for a 1.9 rig. I started with a wraith and now run a hard body scx10 and always thought I was going to hate stepping down in tirevsize but its been real fun and when I had both I always chose my scx over the wraith.
hillbillybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2015, 08:41 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

I really like the look of this rig. I have a jacked up SCX10 with the mud plates and 110 MM shocks and LOVE it, as well as an AX10 with the Castle 2200 KV 1/8th scale system. However, the lower, longer and wider set up with 2.2s looks bad a$$. Keep the pics coming. I don't pretend to be someone interested in comps, but I am sure that this will look great once you have it done!

Best of luck.
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillybob View Post
Pretty significant transformation haha. Now you can combine all the old parts and make a scx10 again for a 1.9 rig. I started with a wraith and now run a hard body scx10 and always thought I was going to hate stepping down in tirevsize but its been real fun and when I had both I always chose my scx over the wraith.
Funny you mention that, already started to piece together a 1.55 or 1.9 chassis for the clod body i have laying around

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTT View Post
I really like the look of this rig. I have a jacked up SCX10 with the mud plates and 110 MM shocks and LOVE it, as well as an AX10 with the Castle 2200 KV 1/8th scale system. However, the lower, longer and wider set up with 2.2s looks bad a$$. Keep the pics coming. I don't pretend to be someone interested in comps, but I am sure that this will look great once you have it done!

Best of luck.
Thanks man!

Took it out today, thing performed amazingly well, thing was planted to the ground and surprised me a few times with what it went up. I also cut the hood off and made it hinge so i can access the battery easier

Then here is a shot of the rear lowering links, I love how the lowering kit changed the whole truck, its amazing.
DemonsGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 06:48 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Well done sir! I am a fan!! Exclamation points are thanks to the wine I am currently drinking. Yeah, I checked RCCRAWLER at dinner...
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:01 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Got the Nukizer body chopped up, had to remove the top of the cage to get the body on.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:39 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Hell yes, love the new body. Can't wait to see how it comes out.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:21 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

So the paint has not shown up yet, I know its shipped but never got a tracking number. anyway...

Got a crawlspace electronics box for the wraith and re ran the electronics, also put the spawn interior in:

Then got the grille cut out and body mounted, made two body posts for the front of the rig. Ended up using the stock front bumper for now, may end up making something for it.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:26 PM   #48
Rock Stacker

The body has been finished. I am ready to take it out and get her all scratched and banged up!

Its hard to see, but I actually painted the bed of it black, really ties the paint job together!

two on the left are my roommates and the two right ones are mine.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Good job, fitting that Nukizer body; and nice paint! I'm looking forward to starting on my Wraith kit, after Christmas, and am pretty sure I'm going to strip and repaint my old Deadbolt body, for use with the Wraith. I got the Spawn kit, but I want to use the Spawn body on my SCX10.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 03:36 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

Went and hiked the Lacamas Lake Trail with the crawler, love the new body. Stripped out the servo horn but was able to make it through the day alright

Old 11-13-2015, 12:12 AM   #51
Rock Stacker

Picked up a set of SSD beadlocks. These wheels are amazing and really easy to put together!

Old 11-13-2015, 12:30 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsGT View Post
Picked up a set of SSD beadlocks. These wheels are amazing and really easy to put together!

Lookin good. I've been staring at those wheels for my yeti.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:33 AM   #53
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf View Post
Lookin good. I've been staring at those wheels for my yeti.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Honestly the best wheels I have owned to date, granted I haven't owned that many. But they went together really easy and the thinner wheel makes the tire look a lot better, plus they worked really well with the crawler innovations foam...with my old wheels they moved around a lot.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2015, 09:02 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsGT View Post
Getting ready for the wraith axles, Got my transmission turned around in the chassis, mounted my battery as low as it could go up front, and moved my electronics around. Going to have to fab something up at work for the upper links so they clear the drivelines. Also I ordered a set of ScalerFab front and rear bumpers for this thing.

I'm pretty new to rc's, but what did you have to do to get your transmission to work right after turning it around? Did you just reverse the signal from the transmitter? Nice rig by the way! It looks sweet!
SVandegriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:40 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVandegriff View Post
I'm pretty new to rc's, but what did you have to do to get your transmission to work right after turning it around? Did you just reverse the signal from the transmitter? Nice rig by the way! It looks sweet!
The Wraith comes with the transmission mounted this way and the ring gears in the diffs are opposite of the SCX-10.

Otherwise, the best way to reverse it is to swap the motor wires, or in the case of brushless, program the ESC to the work backwards.
HahnsB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 06:53 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Very cool Demon! The revised fender cut made a huge improvement. Like the new wheels better too.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:46 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

Wow, you really got in to the mod addiction like i did there for a bit but i had to just cut myself off and go racing, so I started SC racing ,hell I think it is more expensive than these.lol traded one for the other and still dumping money in to a rig. At least we got something to show for it.
realsickclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:13 PM   #58
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Very cool Demon! The revised fender cut made a huge improvement. Like the new wheels better too.
Thanks, I think it matches the lines of the rig better. Also the ssd wheels are narrower so it had to be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by realsickclown View Post
Wow, you really got in to the mod addiction like i did there for a bit but i had to just cut myself off and go racing, so I started SC racing ,hell I think it is more expensive than these.lol traded one for the other and still dumping money in to a rig. At least we got something to show for it.
Yeah, its a downhill slope for modding. I can't leave anything well enough alone.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2015, 04:42 PM   #59
Rock Stacker

Nothing much has changed, Just been crawling almost every weekend. Already beat the piss out of the nukizer body...Chopped more off of the tailgate area to keep from destroying it, really improved my departure angle. Before I would get hung up and the bed was starting to separate from the cap. So I reinforced the inside of the body with some fancy duct tape then threw a sticker on the outside in hopes to keep it together as long as possible.

Pics from today at Lucia Falls. My roommate wanted to try out my RBII on his wraith so I used his ripsaws.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

really like the new body , did you have any problem with the old wheels
fullsizecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Deadbolt build "Lowlife" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Legacy" a "shannon campbell inspired" TH build Rodamis Vaterra Twin Hammers 25 09-15-2016 09:44 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
Jkabee's "total noob" TJ build "this should be fun!" jkabee Axial SCX-10 128 03-24-2013 12:10 PM
Chaotic Crawlers "DEMON" build! aka "Kreacher" Mac10 EnRoute Berg 96 09-26-2010 01:49 PM