Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: First Kit Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2016, 12:10 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default First Kit Build

This was my first kit build, first Axial and 2nd crawler. Thankfully I managed to put it altogether without having to redo something too often. Just have some interior/exterior pics but nothing from under the hood as it looks like everyone else's but not as neat haha
My changes/power include axial beadlocks, aluminum bumpers, winch, dit fender wells (gcm diy), 12v aluminum light bar, 12v interior light strips, diy roll cage, PL interior and powered by HH crawlmaster.
I really liked the black and white color scheme so stuck with it and added some stripes to change it a little. Enjoy and it's great looking at everyone else's work for inspiration. I still have all the accessories to do and need to find a family for the inside.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Xtacy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: First Kit Build

Looks good! I ended up using the proline interior for mine as well. I also need to find an action figure driver for mine. Let me know what you come up with!
1967Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967Typhoon View Post
Looks good! I ended up using the proline interior for mine as well. I also need to find an action figure driver for mine. Let me know what you come up with!
Tell you the truth I really been thinking about doing some Walking Dead characters. If I really want to be cheap though I'm sure I can grab one of my dtr's princesses haha depends on how much I keep spending with mods...
Old 08-01-2016, 02:25 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

nice!
I should install an interior too. But the body just seems way to big. So I'll probably just do it to another.ty
jwall046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Thanks guys, interior was fun to paint and hopefully I'll have time to make a full interior from scratch on another vehicle in the future but as for now it was fun using that liquid masking tape as a first as well haha

Here are a couple scale additions I made up today and have some other stuff I'm going to try and make up too.

Did some diy bungies, dual exhaust, bed rolls and antenna (we'll see how long that lasts!)

Old 08-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Nice work, Really like the antenna and duel exhaust. I was planning on doing the antenna already. Now you have me thinking of underneath. Keep up the mods and enjoy that rig.
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:29 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounge View Post
Nice work, Really like the antenna and duel exhaust. I was planning on doing the antenna already. Now you have me thinking of underneath. Keep up the mods and enjoy that rig.
Thanks man, it's been fun and going to rig up some windshield wipers soon once I figure out what to use. Have fun dressing yours up too. Yeh the exhaust came out better than I expected, seen some tubing in my drawer and said let's see if this works and it actually did haha

Old 08-04-2016, 10:16 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

This was your FIRST kit? Damn, dog. Looks incredible! This is making me rethink using this body.
Benbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:20 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benbot View Post
This was your FIRST kit? Damn, dog. Looks incredible! This is making me rethink using this body.
Yeh, first kit and been messing with crawler/scale stuff the last 6mo or so. Got a 17 y/o traxxas 4tec nitrous up and running after 14 years of sitting in Dec and that led me into a red at volcano the if p601 and now this awesome kit. It's been a fun year finding a new hobby again! This site has been a great resource and inspiration. One day I'll work up to a hard body or play with a welder but don't want to burn up the garage yet

First Kit Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Yeti XL Kit - My first kit build vashan Axial Yeti XL 19 09-01-2015 04:46 PM
Tamiya Bronco Kit Build; 1st Build Boxcarcustoms 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 07-29-2013 07:37 PM
1.9 scale build options - Hilux kit, RC4WD kit, or piece together my own? Nova's Ark General Scale Talk 8 06-12-2008 10:24 AM
Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1/10 Rock Crawler Kit Build, Chapter 2 "The Mod Build" JAM MaxAmps.com Axial AX-10 Scorpion 42 06-06-2008 10:00 PM
AX10 RTR or Kit for a build? Kit seems more popular, but RTR has some nice features. nukexbi Axial AX-10 Scorpion 21 05-09-2008 01:27 PM