Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 III

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's SCX10 V3 JLU RTR Rubicon Recon Edition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2021, 07:41 PM   #101

Default Re: B-MOW's SCX10 V3 JLU RTR Rubicon Recon Edition

I feel like I have to let you know how cool this is. I am brand new to crawling. Bought a scx10iii kit today with a hw brushless setup and am excited to get my first build underway. I’ve been reading this post and your jt build and both rigs are amazing and your garage!!! I wasn’t planning on going crazy scale and I’m not very artistic but I’ve decided after reading these I have to try to implement a lot of what you are doing. Amazing work!
ShaneGreene1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2021, 09:17 AM   #102
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneGreene1 View Post
I feel like I have to let you know how cool this is. I am brand new to crawling. Bought a scx10iii kit today with a hw brushless setup and am excited to get my first build underway. I’ve been reading this post and your jt build and both rigs are amazing and your garage!!! I wasn’t planning on going crazy scale and I’m not very artistic but I’ve decided after reading these I have to try to implement a lot of what you are doing. Amazing work!
Thanks Shane! Much appreciated!

Congrats on getting the new SCX10.3 kit! These are nice rigs and can be customized in any way you can imagine. The scale side of it can get addicting! There are so many options available to make these look and react like a real 1:1 vehicle.

Thanks for checking out my JT and JLU thread. I made these to help out others and you are welcome to use any ideas I have posted to use on yours. There are other great 10.3 build threads here on RCC by some very talented builders, so be sure to check them out as well.

Hopefully we will see your new build sometime soon!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 06:38 AM   #103
Go Buckeyes!

It's been awhile since I've had the JLU in the garage. There have been a few things that I've wanted to change and add to it and I have finally taken the time to do some wrenching on it.

First off I bought and downloaded the Mod19RC (RexRacer19 here on RCC) slider covers from Myminifactory. These slider covers cover up the underneath of the stock slider to give it a nice smooth surface. I did have to trim and modify them a tad to fit around the metal rock sliders that are on it. Trimmed and sprayed some flat black paint to get rid of the 3D print look.

Below is a before and after look at the slider covers. You can see how the covers cover up all of the rock snagging struts in the stock sliders.

Name:  IMG_8934 (2).jpg
Views: 252
Size:  174.3 KB

Name:  IMG_8935 (2).jpg
Views: 246
Size:  183.8 KB

Name:  IMG_8936 (2).jpg
Views: 244
Size:  181.4 KB

Secondly, I didn't like how sloppy the shocks were out on the trail. I was getting a ton of body roll and side hilling was a struggle. I upped the shock fluid to 50wt in each shock. While I had them apart, I also re-green slimmed the packing o-rings.

While I was re-installing the shocks, I decided to drop the lower shock mount down to the link mount position. This should help a little with the COG. I'm not exactly sure why I didn't do this when I built the rig. I normally mount the shocks in the lowest position from the start.

I also want to swap out the springs for a stiffer pair. I don't have any on hand currently, but will get some ordered once I figure out what spring rate I'm going to need. At the moment, I have the spring collars turned way down to keep the JLU sitting about where I want it.

Name:  IMG_8938 (2).jpg
Views: 239
Size:  168.4 KB

Name:  IMG_8939 (2).jpg
Views: 248
Size:  181.2 KB

Name:  IMG_8940 (2).jpg
Views: 251
Size:  176.6 KB

As I was testing the suspension out on the basement carpet, I snagged the Club5 Racing exhaust tips on a backward decent and broke both of them off. They did stick to far out the back and I was planning on trimming them before they got broken. I'll see if I can get them glued back on and shorten them up a bit.

Name:  IMG_8937 (2).jpg
Views: 247
Size:  178.3 KB

Not pictured because it was late last night and I totally forgot to snap a pic, I flipped the panhard bar around and lengthened it about 5mm. Ever since I installed the straight axles, the panhard was binding and hitting the oil pan underneath. Flipping it over and around and adding some length to it, now it clears when the suspension is compressed all the way.

I've got a few more little things I want to do to this rig so that I can call it complete (for now! They're never really finished!)! More later!!
Old 06-10-2022, 07:42 AM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Somehow this is the first time I'm seeing this one. The slider covers are a great idea, and it looks like a night and day difference; very smooth.
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:05 AM   #105
RCC Addict

Good to see this pop up again. Those slider covers are trick! Going to have to add them to my mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:18 AM   #106
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post
Somehow this is the first time I'm seeing this one. The slider covers are a great idea, and it looks like a night and day difference; very smooth.
Yeah they should make a big difference. Nice thing is is if I gouge one or damage one, I can just print another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Good to see this pop up again. Those slider covers are trick! Going to have to add them to my mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really need to get her out more! She's fun to wheel!

I printed 2 sets of these. I'm going to see if I can make the other set fit on my Gladiator.

B-MOW's SCX10 V3 JLU RTR Rubicon Recon Edition - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW Axial Racing SCX24 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU CRC RTR - IN STOCK NOW! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 11-25-2019 01:06 PM