Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Dynamic Concepts '72 Blazer Body Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #201
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic Concepts View Post
Perhaps try bouncing off a few less rocks?.......
I will look into gluing tips and techniques.
Well there aren't too many shelf queens on here so i'd say it's a pretty valid question
crawleR07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #202
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawleR07 View Post
Well there aren't too many shelf queens on here so i'd say it's a pretty valid question
It was a joke...... Virtually no one is going to purchase an RC product and not put it through its paces.

.... And the question was answered, as it was in fact a valid question. If you feel the question wasn't adequately answered, feel free to PM me, and I will look into it more.

Even though I take my business, and our products very seriously, I will still throw in some humor from time-to-time. Hopefully, any insults by doing so are minimal.....

Last edited by Dynamic Concepts; 10-30-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Clarification
Dynamic Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #203
RCC Addict

Just for a FYI
Across the front is just under 6 1/2
Across the doors just under 7 1/2
Across the rear just under 5 3/4

J-bird
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:43 PM   #204
XDR
Pebble Pounder

Got the body in and started trimming and trimming and trimming.. lol alot of pieces to this thing, can't wait to have it done and ready for paint!
XDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:56 PM   #205
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDR View Post
Got the body in and started trimming and trimming and trimming.. lol alot of pieces to this thing, can't wait to have it done and ready for paint!
John posted assembly the link to two youtube assembly instruction videos in one of the K5 threads.

Also, keep in mind the gluing is done by overlapping the pieces, not butting pieces and gluing.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #206
XDR
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
John posted assembly the link to two youtube assembly instruction videos in one of the K5 threads.

Also, keep in mind the gluing is done by overlapping the pieces, not butting pieces and gluing.
I noticed that.. the only thing that I don't like so far ist he more detailed grill, had to keep shaving it down to fit and dosen't look to appeasing, probally going to use the other one. Are you going to produce the cowl hood as a add-on or sepeate complete body?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #207
XDR
Pebble Pounder

Well I haven't seen any fitment pics up yet so I figured I'd throw a couple up to give you guys an idea. The front is close, mine is with stock shows and lower mounts flipped. The body will come down another 1/4" or so, just threw it on there with the rough trim to get an idea.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #208
Sometimes, I make things.

Looks good, can't wait to order mine. Looks like some trimming will be in order for 4ws rigs but nnot too much hopefully, I don't want to loose too much of the stock fender and rear quarters wheelwell lip.

Looking at it on the chassis, the door opening kind of looks odd because it doesn't match the stock cage bars, that is a little un-attractive.

Last edited by crazyorigin; 11-02-2011 at 06:27 PM.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:09 AM   #209
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Looks good, can't wait to order mine. Looks like some trimming will be in order for 4ws rigs but nnot too much hopefully, I don't want to loose too much of the stock fender and rear quarters wheelwell lip.

Looking at it on the chassis, the door opening kind of looks odd because it doesn't match the stock cage bars, that is a little un-attractive.
Cut the bars out.. Or build ya a tuber just for the body and use the wraith axles..
Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
Cut the bars out.. Or build ya a tuber just for the body and use the wraith axles..
I agree, that would look good with a custom tubed cage. I am looking at it from a sales standpoint though mostly, the majority of people will not be going that far, and leaving their cage stock, or mostly stock, that's what I am planning (we will see how that lasts tho, I told myself I was gonna leave it mostly stock and have already replaced almsot everything)

It could be a difference of selling a few hundred bodies, to selling a few thousand or more. It will definetly look great on any custom body designed with the cut comp 1:1 door in mind but the vast majority of Wraiths will keep stock cages.

I am also kind of a fussy person when it comes to doors though, I like the stock looking doors on 1:1 vehicles (offroad is a bifferent story, doors don't matter much) so I tend to notice things like this maybe more than most.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #211
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I agree, that would look good with a custom tubed cage. I am looking at it from a sales standpoint though mostly, the majority of people will not be going that far, and leaving their cage stock, or mostly stock, that's what I am planning (we will see how that lasts tho, I told myself I was gonna leave it mostly stock and have already replaced almsot everything)

It could be a difference of selling a few hundred bodies, to selling a few thousand or more. It will definetly look great on any custom body designed with the cut comp 1:1 door in mind but the vast majority of Wraiths will keep stock cages.

I am also kind of a fussy person when it comes to doors though, I like the stock looking doors on 1:1 vehicles (offroad is a bifferent story, doors don't matter much) so I tend to notice things like this maybe more than most.
Well it don't look that bad.. The pic above isn't mounted correctly.. Or should I say properly and he stated that . Once it's all the way down on the chassis and the body is trimmed as its suppose to be to fit the tubing.. It's sits about flush with the corners of the door cross bars and it looks like the bars are just there to keep u from falling out.. It don't look bad or outta place
Old 11-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #212
XDR
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
Well it don't look that bad.. The pic above isn't mounted correctly.. Or should I say properly and he stated that . Once it's all the way down on the chassis and the body is trimmed as its suppose to be to fit the tubing.. It's sits about flush with the corners of the door cross bars and it looks like the bars are just there to keep u from falling out.. It don't look bad or outta place
with the bars wise it doesn't look bad once set down. just trying to work through some rubbing issues before i paint.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #213
Quarry Creeper

I answered the door insert decision by PM, but I thought I would share it publicly....

We designed the door inserts that way with a few things in mind.....

- While the body was designed for the Wraith, it is meant for other platforms as well. If we had followed the non-traditional lines of the Wraith, it would look funny on other platforms.

- Most 1:1 rigs do not follow the contours of the door bars.

Perhaps on the next Wraith body, we should simply design solid doors instead. Then if the customer wants to follow the Wraith door bars, they can trim the doors out to match.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #214
RCC Addict

Quote:
I answered the door insert decision by PM, but I thought I would share it publicly....

We designed the door inserts that way with a few things in mind.....

- While the body was designed for the Wraith, it is meant for other platforms as well. If we had followed the non-traditional lines of the Wraith, it would look funny on other platforms.

- Most 1:1 rigs do not follow the contours of the door bars.

Perhaps on the next Wraith body, we should simply design solid doors instead. Then if the customer wants to follow the Wraith door bars, they can trim the doors out to match.
I dont agree with the solid doors.. That's one thing I really like about the dc bodies is the door section.. It looks 3d and like a 1:1 with half doors.. It also saves the hassles of having to add styrene to the doors.. On a standard body if you cut the doors like the dc bodies then u have to add styrene to give it a thick look like a 1:1.. Please continue to make the. Bodies like u do..
Old 11-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #215

I definetly take back what I said about the comp cut doors, they look great on this body over the Wraith cage. I think the above pictre having the panels on it threw it off big time. Here is a pic of it so far on my truck, got it today from RPP and was anxious to get it test fitted before I went to work. I am leaving the bed intact on mine, it is working nicely so far.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #216
Quarry Creeper

mine

william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #217
Quarry Creeper

The short and tall cowl induction bodies are now available. Renderings are shown in the sales thread in the vendor section.

William - The orange K5 looks really nice.....
Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #218
Rock Crawler

Default Dynamic Concepts K5 Wraith Blazer Body..Zombie Powered

http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMG_0505.jpg

Just a few pics before the Recon G6 on 12-3-11
scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #219
Rock Crawler

Default Dynamic Concepts k5 Blazer Body for the Axial Wraith...Zombie Powered

More pics of the Aftermath from the Recon G6. Blazer body held up good!
Many, Many Thanx to Kurt at DC for making such an awesome concept..!
Wraith pics pictures by scottanthonyonline - Photobucket
scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #220
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottanthony View Post
More pics of the Aftermath from the Recon G6. Blazer body held up good!
Many, Many Thanx to Kurt at DC for making such an awesome concept..!
Wraith pics pictures by scottanthonyonline - Photobucket
Pic's look nice. scottanthony what did you use to mount your winch cause I'm trying to mount in the same spot but the servo plate that I have is not wide enough.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/334602-dynamic-concepts-72-blazer-body-project.html
Posted By For Type Date
Dynamic Concepts '72 Blazer Body Project - Page 2 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 02:59 PM