Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith lockers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wraith lockers

Highland Rocks....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hands down for the Wraith...Scx10 not so much
scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottanthony View Post
Highland Rocks....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hands down for the Wraith...Scx10 not so much
They might be good but check out his thread on them. You can't get them he is taking peoples money and not sending anything to them and not responding to pm's or emails.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I just put a pair of the HR ones in my pro4 wraith and the quality looks real good, unlike some of their stuff..
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
I just put a pair of the HR ones in my pro4 wraith and the quality looks real good, unlike some of their stuff..
X2 on the HR spools, very nicely made unlike most of their stuff. I like them.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #25

Put in rcp stainless a couple days ago, fit and finish is great, work great and add a nice chunk of weight down low. Pro 4 on 3s
Mike5025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I like the RCP and HR SHD lockers. Tried the no-slop lockers and just ate axle shafts front and rear. The no-slop in my opinion is for low powered or slow rigs. High power rigs stay away. And yes I installed them as shown in the threads with no luck. In my 35t honcho I have had zero issues with the no-slop but with my wraith and the pro4 3300 they eat axles daily. Just my experience hope it helps. Go with the felsenfest locker its more or less the same as highlands but you will actually receive them in a timely manner. Week and a half I beleive is all it took.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
GMV
Pebble Pounder

Felsenfest here. Stock locker broke with stock setup on 3S.
GMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

There is a fitment issue between the Felsenfest spools and the Axial Wraith universals that I am surprised noone else has mentioned.

The axle is too short to fit all the way into the spool. The result is that the setscrews barely grab the end of the axleshaft. This makes it difficult for the setscrews to get a good grab onto the shaft. I destroyed a pair of front axles and a Felsenfest spool when the setscrews loosened up on their second run. And yes, I do use good red loc tite on everything metal-metal.

I kinda solved the problem by getting 5mmx6mm serrated lock setscrews which have a smaller diameter point where they contact the axle and have knurling to help grab into the axle. I got them from McMaster Carr. I haven't had an issue since installing them a couple monthes ago.

If Axial would make the axles 1 or 2 mm longer this wouldn't be an issue, and it would be harder for the stock locker to strip as well.

To those of you running the Hot racing spools. How tightly do the shaft fit into them? Like loosey goosey like stock, or lightly tap them in with a screwdriver, or push and wiggle them into place?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #29
RCC Addict

I got the felenfest lockers and put them in my wraith with no issues as of yet. They seem to fit fine. I did let the loctite sit for a couple of days before I used it though so it would have time to set up good. I have put several long hard runs on them since and still doing great. I have been so happy with them I plan on getting at least 1 if not 2 more sets to go ahead and replace the lockers in my others before they mess up.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #30
RCC Addict

ok boys and girls just left vp and they have a new locker coming out next week sometime and they are bad ass will post a pic or two tomarrow. they are a true no slop locker and like all of vps stuff its a work of art way to go vp
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan w View Post
ok boys and girls just left vp and they have a new locker coming out next week sometime and they are bad ass will post a pic or two tomarrow. they are a true no slop locker and like all of vps stuff its a work of art way to go vp
Great news! Post those pics soon when you get a chance.
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Oh Yeah!!! Those guys at VP really knows how to throw a huge wrench into my finances!!!

Wondering what the price point will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
There is a fitment issue between the Felsenfest spools and the Axial Wraith universals that I am surprised noone else has mentioned.

The axle is too short to fit all the way into the spool. The result is that the setscrews barely grab the end of the axleshaft. This makes it difficult for the setscrews to get a good grab onto the shaft. I destroyed a pair of front axles and a Felsenfest spool when the setscrews loosened up on their second run. And yes, I do use good red loc tite on everything metal-metal.

I kinda solved the problem by getting 5mmx6mm serrated lock setscrews which have a smaller diameter point where they contact the axle and have knurling to help grab into the axle. I got them from McMaster Carr. I haven't had an issue since installing them a couple monthes ago.

If Axial would make the axles 1 or 2 mm longer this wouldn't be an issue, and it would be harder for the stock locker to strip as well.

To those of you running the Hot racing spools. How tightly do the shaft fit into them? Like loosey goosey like stock, or lightly tap them in with a screwdriver, or push and wiggle them into place?
I was looking at that too but noticed the set screws Felsenfest includes, the head is very flat compared to other set screws I have, which are tappered. I was thinking the flatter ones Felsenfest includes should be the better choice as they offer more material pressing down on the axle. I have never seen a serrated set screw before. Interesting. Are these what you are referring to.

McMaster-Carr

MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
.....If Axial would make the axles 1 or 2 mm longer this wouldn't be an issue, and it would be harder for the stock locker to strip as well.

I completely agree that Axial needs to make the inner flats on all their axles about 2mm longer.

On my Hot Racing spools they push and wiggle when new, we will see how they are later.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Looking foward to that New VP locker coming out, can't wait to see what they look like.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #36
RCC Addict

OMG I'm so excited just in time for Nats!!!!! I have to get these ASAP
Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #37
RCC Addict

ok guys just got the ok to show you whats coming to us from vp they are a work of art and a true no slop locker
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #38
I joined the Band!

We are calling it a floating no slop locker...
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
We are calling it a floating no slop locker...
That might help with some setscrew loosening issues lol. Looks nice. So who's trying to blow one up and what size ring gear screws does it use?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

When are these going to be available? I'm going to be ordering the new motor mount for the EXO and would like to pick up several of these at the same time.
transambill is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith lockers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replace Hr Lockers With Berg Lockers Yawzer General Crawlers 5 12-29-2008 10:51 PM