RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Terra-Wraith now with MIP mod (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/391968-terra-wraith-now-mip-mod.html)

Szczerba 07-11-2012 08:24 PM

Re: Terra-Wraith

Coming along nicely!

I just put longer shocks on the front end of my Exo-Wraith and that front Exo IFS droops out alot with no binding. Yours goes alot further than mine so I should be good to go.

frdtrkguy 07-11-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szczerba (Post 3818685)
Coming along nicely!

I just put longer shocks on the front end of my Exo-Wraith and that front Exo IFS droops out alot with no binding. Yours goes alot further than mine so I should be good to go.

Yeah, it droops out nicely but it does have some bump steer that I'm gonna try'n tune out.

I've been watching your build too, it looks good "thumbsup"

frdtrkguy 07-12-2012 08:21 PM

She is a runner. Im pretty pleased. It didnt do quite as well on the rocks as my solid axled rig but it wasnt too bad and the independent suspension takes a slightly different driving style. Ill get some pics when I get er skinned and the details fnished up. I was worried about the cvd durability but they are holding after 2 packs in the rocks. So far so good.

frdtrkguy 07-13-2012 06:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
G6 Ready 8)

Still looking for some aluminum beadlocks that'll keep my track width around 12 inches.

frdtrkguy 07-15-2012 03:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Trail test revealed some weakness. The CVD's held up well until I got the right front tire wedged then SNAP! Broke the stub at the cross pin. Hopefully someone will step up with some HD replacements. Rig worked good otherwise.

patchettdestruc 08-01-2012 09:08 AM

looks sick Chris8) can't what to see it in person in a couple of weeks"thumbsup"

RootBreaker 08-01-2012 09:13 AM

Nice!!!!

frdtrkguy 08-01-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchettdestruc (Post 3849437)
looks sick Chris8) can't what to see it in person in a couple of weeks"thumbsup"

Thanks bud and get well soon ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RootBreaker (Post 3849440)
Nice!!!!

Thanks!! It has been a blast to drive. It is equally at home turning laps on my off road track or hittin some lines in the rocks.

frdtrkguy 08-11-2012 02:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A new look. Proline EB..

Teejay 08-11-2012 03:13 PM

Man thats a pretty wicked lookin ride! Now we need some video!!

KauseKaos 08-20-2012 04:51 PM

thats basically what i want. A EXO under the wraiths cage and interior

frdtrkguy 08-20-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teejay (Post 3865776)
Man thats a pretty wicked lookin ride! Now we need some video!!

Thanks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KauseKaos (Post 3878895)
thats basically what i want. A EXO under the wraiths cage and interior

Get busy :mrgreen:

The only weakness I have found are the dogbones and cvd's..

VP should have a fix for that in the form of VVD's.. Fingers crossed!!

KauseKaos 08-20-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frdtrkguy (Post 3879141)
Thanks!!

Get busy :mrgreen:

The only weakness I have found are the dogbones and cvd's..

VP should have a fix for that in the form of VVD's.. Fingers crossed!!

Whos knows maybe i'll try to make one with ebay parts after I get my normal wraith started.

NCT_Guy 08-22-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frdtrkguy (Post 3815665)
Got the Ripsaws mounted to some black 5 stars.. Track width is 11.5 at ride height.

Great thought out rig! What was the wheel you used to fit over the EXO spindles? I am trying to just run 2.2 on my sons EXO for better ground clearance and the RTR wheels didn't fit. I don't want to run spacers.

Chili 08-22-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCT_Guy (Post 3881167)
Great thought out rig! What was the wheel you used to fit over the EXO spindles? I am trying to just run 2.2 on my sons EXO for better ground clearance and the RTR wheels didn't fit. I don't want to run spacers.

titus 2.2's have just enough clearance, they're also a good option if you want beadlocks.

frdtrkguy 08-22-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCT_Guy (Post 3881167)

The wheels I started with are hpi 5 stars intended for their super sedans, they're 2.2's with alot of offset and barely clear the knuckles. I just switched to RC4WD Hitman beadlocks. They made my track too wide so I had Sniper from Sniper fab here on RCC build me a set of custom pin mount hubs to get my width back to where it was. Now Im about 11.5 when the front is drooped and exactly 12" wide at ride height.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chili (Post 3881214)
titus 2.2's have just enough clearance, they're also a good option if you want beadlocks.

Those will make your width wide as fawk which is ok for bashing or running around the track but mine is inteded to be used as a trail rig and G6'n.

I have found that a width more than 12" is not practical for trail'n and the scrub radius kills the steering ability which already sucks on the exo compaired to the stock Wraith front axle.

All that being said, I love this rig and cant wait for the VP VVD's!!!

Beest 08-23-2012 06:26 PM

That sir, is badass!

NCT_Guy 08-23-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chili (Post 3881214)

Quote:

Originally Posted by frdtrkguy (Post 3881230)
The wheels I started with are hpi 5 stars intended for their super sedans, they're 2.2's with alot of offset and barely clear the knuckles. I just switched to RC4WD Hitman beadlocks. They made my track too wide so I had Sniper from Sniper fab here on RCC build me a set of custom pin mount hubs to get my width back to where it was. Now Im about 11.5 when the front is drooped and exactly 12" wide at ride height.

Those will make your width wide as fawk which is ok for bashing or running around the track but mine is inteded to be used as a trail rig and G6'n.

I have found that a width more than 12" is not practical for trail'n and the scrub radius kills the steering ability which already sucks on the exo compaired to the stock Wraith front axle.

All that being said, I love this rig and cant wait for the VP VVD's!!!

Thanks guys for the info, I have a couple more projects to finish and then I am going to get 2.2's for the EXO's"thumbsup"

frdtrkguy 08-23-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beest (Post 3883714)
That sir, is badass!

Thanks, I like it :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCT_Guy (Post 3883835)
Thanks guys for the info, I have a couple more projects to finish and then I am going to get 2.2's for the EXO's"thumbsup"

Anytime "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKJEDI (Post 3883872)
I totally dig it man! Nice job!

Thanks!!

sniper 08-24-2012 04:24 PM

truck looks great.
nice work, looks like a blast to drive"thumbsup"

looking forward to seeing the new rims on it.