Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Underground Crawlers XR-10 Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 05:58 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Will the shock mounts be limited to 1 hole? or will the final feature a few extras for tuning? Sorry for the all the questions, in no way picking the chassis apart. Just looking forward to getting one once I can.
It will be one hole on the cross member Will, and I should be able to ship you my current one on Monday . Two holes creates binding at the shock cap unless you take so much material out of the mount that the 2nd hole becomes weak. The tunability is in the position of the mount. People can always remove the mount and use screws, spacers and a delrin rod to get them in further if they want.

I had the two hole cross member on the rev1 proto and the innner screw holes did not work well, besides the binding on the cap the shocks had too much angle in towards center and did not function smooth in the front and made the rear unstable on sidehill.

The chassis looks fantastic Juan, I can't wait to hit the rocks with it!

Last edited by DickyT; 11-17-2010 at 07:34 PM.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #42
RcBros Hobbies

Sounds killer, thanks for the explanation!
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
It will be one hole on the cross member Will, and I should be able to ship you my current one on Monday . Two holes creates binding at the shock cap unless you take so much material out of the mount that the 2nd hole becomes weak. The tunability is in the position of the mount. People can always remove the mount and use screws, spacers and a delrin rod to get them in further if they want.

I had the two hole cross member on the rev1 proto and the innner screw holes did not work well, besides the binding on the cap the shocks had too much angle in towards center and did not function smooth in the front and made the rear unstable on sidehill.

The chassis looks fantastic Juan, I can't wait to hit the rocks with it!
Maybe you could make a set of 3 or 4 mounts, each w/ a different mount location for the shocks.

that way you have options. w/ the original cross piece.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Is there an estimate of price? I was gonna leave the xr chassis alone but I think I gotta have this one, looks awesome.
Wasp26Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

^^ I'm wondering the same thing because this is my favorite chassis so far. If you need anymore test mules let me know!
awdtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #46

i tried out some modīs today and said.
im not gonna change anything else

then you guys show up with this killer mod...

love it when will it be available for purchase?

Sandro
sandro_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

richard and juan, you guys work very well together, excellent job, keep up the great work.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #48
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp26Jim View Post
Is there an estimate of price? I was gonna leave the xr chassis alone but I think I gotta have this one, looks awesome.
I try to keep all of my chassis' as compeitive on price as possible. This one does require a bit more work than the Fastback, and much more Delrin. I'm shooting for $75-$80 shipped which shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandro_p View Post
i tried out some modīs today and said.
im not gonna change anything else

then you guys show up with this killer mod...

love it when will it be available for purchase?

Sandro
The current rev showed up at DickyT's today....Flapjack should have his soon too, but I haven't heard from him yet. Billj is doing a Berg build with his, so hopefully he'll have something in the Berg section soon.

There will be some small changes, but nothing major so as soon as everyone feels it's ready, I'll start producing. I'd like to get them out before the end of November, but early December is probably more realistic.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:31 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

not in the mail today im hoping tomorrow......i really want to have it for red rocks.................i do plan on doing the side plate cut out, got a really sick idea for that...you will get first pics..also check your inbox

Last edited by flapjack; 11-19-2010 at 04:34 PM.
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #50
RCC Addict

So excited for this chassis!!! Plans to make high clearance links as an option?
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:54 AM   #51
Rock Stacker

What is the lower link length eye to eye front and rear. I'm wondering cause I have a stock chassis with all ti links and I don't want to have to buy all new ones when I get me one of these. Thanks
jonbo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:19 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

i used the stock link size and it came out perfect got my chassis yesterday....just finished it...comp at red rocks sunday(today).....let the testing begin.....edit.....i mean the stock link size...not the link size after stretching it to 12.5...ill measue and post up in my thread
Old 11-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

the chassis worked beautifully today, driving like grandma and a couple bad decisions left me mid pack in the standings at red rocks today but im loving the chassis....ill be comping in rip rap wed.....been brainstorming on battery tray ideas.....so far its a winner couple of small little things but awesome so far...pm sent juan
Old 11-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #54
No idea what I'm doing

Default Underground Crawlers closing

I would to thank everyone who has commented on, and shown interest in this chassis. Unfortunately, over the weekend I have come to the decision to close down Underground Crawlers. This wasn't and easy decision, but right now I can not find a happy balance between UGC and my personal time.

I'd like to thank everyone one of my customers for believing in my products...you all mean the world to me I just don't feel I can continue to give the service that the members of RCC deserve.

I'm not burnt out...actually quite the opposite. I think about crawlers 24 hours a day, and it's something that I'll never give up. I'm keeping my vendor status for now, and will still be on here as much as I usually am...just not in a selling capacity.

Thanks again

Juan
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

It has been great working on projects with you. Hopefully we can resume somewhere in the future. Personal life first Juan. Be well buddy
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

This was the only chassis I've been keeping an eye on for my XRTEN, bummer it won't be available.

Juan, I hope you find what you need with the new time on your hands.
RIG_RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Man this not something i didn't wanted to hear but can very much understand! Goodluck with things and hope maybe we can see ugc back sometime
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #58
Sometimes, I make things.

Sorry to hear it, i was really looking forward to picking one of these chassis up. If you happen to produce any, i would really like one.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Say it isn't so. Please say it isn't so..
I understand what you mean about finding a balance of personal life and work. I have backed off on my Jeep club, to spend more time with the RC side of life.
Thank you much for all your hard work and excellent products.
If you change your mine and decide to build the XR10 fastback, please let all of us know, as I am sure the list of guys wanting one will be as long as my arm.
I have beeen working on trying to find a table top CNC mill to do some machining work and help out vendors when ever possible.
Good luck with your future.
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

thats pretty sad really Juan, you made amazing products for shaftys and just in general with everything you made. i hope you enjoy your break form being a vendor!

just one question though, are you going to sell all the stuff you still have?

thanks for all your contributions to the rc crawling world, you sure improved it alot!
thomas is offline   Reply With Quote