Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Underground Crawlers XR-10 Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #81
Rock Stacker

~watching thread~ I just read through the entire thread for the first time. what a roller coaster. depending on when they are done and how much they are I may be in for one.
aaronlecain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #82
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeDreams View Post
I love the functionality of this chassis and was worried to hear it was gonna be carbon.. I've seen a few flimsy carbon chassis but I'm glad to see the nice beefyness of your carbon section.

...Any pics of the new top plates or are they exactly the same as DT's?
The lower side plates should be plenty strong. They are 1/8" thick, and the size is small so there isn't much flex...I can't bend the panel in the picture. Also the skid helps get the lowest portion up, and the carbon will be protected by the mandatory side panels. I've made one with clear and it looks great.

The top plate is the same as DickyT's. We wanted to keep some of the Fastback's styling, but didn't want it to be a clone or exact copy. This one has a bit of a different look, but still keeps the flowing lines of the FB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronlecain View Post
I just read through the entire thread for the first time. what a roller coaster.
Yeah, sorry about that and I apologize to everyone else as well. I wasn't planning on releasing this chassis, but by using outside machine shops I can get higher quantities of parts in less time. As with everything else I've sold, all the parts are still made in the USA
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #83
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Default Tool?

Hey CHUD,

Nice millwork chief. You definitely take pride in your work. I'm new to machining and would like to know the name of that cutting bit in that spring collet in one of your pics.

Cheers,

Joel
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

This chassis looks really nice. Is there an estimated time when it will be available and have you decided on pricing?
brownie529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

We are shooting for mid February, but in February sometime. The first batch orders have all been sent to their respective machine shops, just waiting on the the cut product to arrive.

I believe Juan will be sending a chassis to the team drivers first, just to make sure that assembly is smooth since he is no longer doing all the machining. I can not speak for the other drivers, but I will have my response back to him the day I receive mine.

I can not speak on pricing, but it will be comparable to the others on the market, UGC does like to offer it's customers fair market pricing along with great customer service.

Having drivers run this on Berg and XR will allow a wider range of knowledge for the community to pull from too.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Do you know of any estimated price for it?
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
We are shooting for mid February, but in February sometime. The first batch orders have all been sent to their respective machine shops, just waiting on the the cut product to arrive.

I believe Juan will be sending a chassis to the team drivers first, just to make sure that assembly is smooth since he is no longer doing all the machining. I can not speak for the other drivers, but I will have my response back to him the day I receive mine.

I can not speak on pricing, but it will be comparable to the others on the market, UGC does like to offer it's customers fair market pricing along with great customer service.

Having drivers run this on Berg and XR will allow a wider range of knowledge for the community to pull from too.
I hope its before then! Really want this for my next points comp. I'd pay double to have it by then.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

I am really excited about the release of this new chassis. I can't wait to order. My shafty Fastback needs a friend.
dstrbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #89
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
Do you know of any estimated price for it?
I will be selling these for $85 shipped in the US. Canada and Mexico would be $6 extra and everywhere else would be $8 extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by articzap View Post
I hope its before then! Really want this for my next points comp. I'd pay double to have it by then.
All I can do now is wait for everything else to come in...it's all in process, so it's just a waiting game now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrbd1 View Post
I am really excited about the release of this new chassis. I can't wait to order. My shafty Fastback needs a friend.
They actually look good side by side...you can tell they're related, but not twins.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
All I can do now is wait for everything else to come in...it's all in process, so it's just a waiting game now.
I fully understand. I'm just praying everything works in mine and your favor that everything comes back super fast. Usually that doesn't happen with machine shops.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #91
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
Hey CHUD,

Nice millwork chief. You definitely take pride in your work. I'm new to machining and would like to know the name of that cutting bit in that spring collet in one of your pics.

Cheers,

Joel
Hey Joel, That's actually a 3" facer...it has it's own R8 shaft so it doesn't use a collet. It has 5 carbide inserts and makes for a very smooth finish over a wide path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by articzap View Post
I fully understand. I'm just praying everything works in mine and your favor that everything comes back super fast. Usually that doesn't happen with machine shops.
One of them should be pretty quick...he lives right across the street from me! He made the Shock Mounts and he's making the skids.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
One of them should be pretty quick...he lives right across the street from me! He made the Shock Mounts and he's making the skids.
Always good news.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

glad to here you'll be back doing some chassis,hope all is well and continues to stay that way.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #94
RCC Addict

I'm sure this has been posted already, but could you tell me the weight of the chassiss with panels and shock mounts. Sorry...
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
I'm sure this has been posted already, but could you tell me the weight of the chassiss with panels and shock mounts. Sorry...

The production model should be a few grams lighter. This is with solid delrin lower plates, not carbon fiber with center holes cut and a little more material is coming off of the shock mounts.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

I have said it before, I am not a bodiless guy. With that said, I am going to run this chassis. That how nice it looks as a bodiless. Fastback look is so awsome.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #97

Default Welcom back UCG!

Makes we want an xr10 just to get this chasis!

any plans on rereleasing the fastback.....?
nutoscaln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #98
Try to Bend it

Quote:

Before I go any further, I want to say that Underground Crawlers is not back...at least not like it was before. All previous UGC products are still discontinued.
Read the whole thread next time.

It looks good Juan, the price is fair too
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #99
RCC Addict

Price looks good to me too! I'm in when they come out!
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #100
No idea what I'm doing

I really didn't want to undercut anyone on price...not a favorable move considering the small community here. The other vendors selling their chassis' are class acts and very cool guys, and I don't want to get into a price war.

Hardware is in....enough for 100 kits: