Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Underground Crawlers XR-10 Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Thank you Juan for all the help you've given me. You helped me out a lot with how my truck is looking today and letting me sponsor you. Thank you
Rocky666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Well as sad as it may be. Like DT said personal life must come first. Best of luck to you Juan. Perhaps in the future you will continue with this chassis and other products. Thanks alot for all of your hard work and valuable time. You have done great things for our little niche in the rc world. Hope to see you back in dealer game again. I really want a xr 10 chassis, and that 1.9 chassis we talked about.

Thanks Juan

~Mike~
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Sorry to hear it, i was really looking forward to picking one of these chassis up. If you happen to produce any, i would really like one.
x2

this was definitely my chassis of choice!!!
Turn'Nburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

What a bummer Its been a real pleasure to be associated with UGC, and especially you. You have always gone the extra mile , for ALL of us crawlers. Thank you. Take care of you and yours
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

i'm sure its all for the best juan .... goodluck and thanks for all the positive outputs you've contributed to RCC
strawb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

Wow I dunno what to say, your products will be missed, major bummer on not producing the chassis this thing is absolutely incredible to drive......just like dickyT its npot for sale bhope. To see you at a comp soon, best wishes
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:20 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Just a note to everyone. I will not be providing chassis measurements so that people can make their own. My RevB chassis stays on my rig and my RevA is spoken for by one of my best friends.

In the event Juan can find the needed balance and reopen shop, his design needs to remain his. If he decides to make the measurements public so that people can attempt to make their own, then I wish everyone the best in their efforts and would be anxious to see the results!

Feel free to PM me about FF-4, F-4, and Fastback (the shafty series) assistance or tuning tips. Even with no UGC I will stay dedicated to Juan's customers and lend a hand. Please do not contact me about this chassis or to beg me to sell mine. I have had a handful of requests already and I'm sorry but it is not going to happen.

Thanks,

Richard

Last edited by DickyT; 11-23-2010 at 06:36 AM.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:23 AM   #68
RCC Addict

It is a sad day to hear this, but atleast you'll still be around. Its an easy hobby to let interfere with life, its all about prioritizing. Be Well.
Tydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:25 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

X2. Well said my friendI guess i got the last UGC Moa chassis out.

Last edited by billj; 11-23-2010 at 06:30 AM.
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #70
Sometimes, I make things.

This is like when I found out there was no Santa =( the tooth fairy told me.

Best of luck to Juan no matter what he decides, I know how mixing business and pleasure can sometimes take some of the fun out of things, even make it harder to find time to enjoy the reason you started it. I would love to get my hands on one of these chassis.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #71
www.team3sixrc.com

Well I am sad to see you go. Your step into the vendors ring was a well needed step. But I completely understand. I wish you well and thank you for your help and dedication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I would to thank everyone who has commented on, and shown interest in this chassis. Unfortunately, over the weekend I have come to the decision to close down Underground Crawlers. This wasn't and easy decision, but right now I can not find a happy balance between UGC and my personal time.

I'd like to thank everyone one of my customers for believing in my products...you all mean the world to me I just don't feel I can continue to give the service that the members of RCC deserve.

I'm not burnt out...actually quite the opposite. I think about crawlers 24 hours a day, and it's something that I'll never give up. I'm keeping my vendor status for now, and will still be on here as much as I usually am...just not in a selling capacity.

Thanks again

Juan
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Man when I first heard about this I can't lie I was bummed.... and a few days later and I'm still bummed... all these great parts and no one will have them... Glad I snagged a fb and rear plate when I did. Gonna keep it a sporty for a long time. Love that chassis
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:28 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

WOW! Sorry to hear about this. If it's a time issue, maybe you can get a young / future machinist from your RCC following to come in and work as an apprentice? There has to be a way and I hope you can find one. Sounds like all you need is some help.? This chassis has everyone drooling and ready to login to paypal!!!!

Come on Juan! I don't know you personally, but you have to figure out a way. Some of us are way beyond busy. You don't even want me to get into my crazy workdays and being on call 24hrs

Hope you take this the right way!

And if you truly cannot do it anymore, we will all understand.

But DickyT is probably in danger as the pack is going rabid for his

Quote:
I would to thank everyone who has commented on, and shown interest in this chassis. Unfortunately, over the weekend I have come to the decision to close down Underground Crawlers. This wasn't and easy decision, but right now I can not find a happy balance between UGC and my personal time.

I'd like to thank everyone one of my customers for believing in my products...you all mean the world to me I just don't feel I can continue to give the service that the members of RCC deserve.

I'm not burnt out...actually quite the opposite. I think about crawlers 24 hours a day, and it's something that I'll never give up. I'm keeping my vendor status for now, and will still be on here as much as I usually am...just not in a selling capacity.

Thanks again

Juan

Last edited by Rig Rocker; 11-27-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #74
No idea what I'm doing

Default Remember me??

Quote:

Thanks again

Juan

It's been almost two months since I made this post. Ever since, I have been working on making manufacturing easier.

Before I go any further, I want to say that Underground Crawlers is not back...at least not like it was before. All previous UGC products are still discontinued. However.....

This chassis will be released! DickyT, Billj and Flapjack have been testing, tweaking and running this chassis for the past few months. Tydl has taken DickyT's 1st chassis and has also been running it. All feedback has been positive and parts have been ordered.

Many now know that this will be Delrin/Carbon Fiber mix. I feel the Carbon is a great addition, adding strength and lowering weight over the solid Delrin panels.

I stopped by the Machinist today to pick up the first batch of parts. The shock mounts turned out great and I have enough for the first 100 chassis'...there should be plenty to go around.

I'll be using this thread to keep everyone updated on the progress of parts and delivery dates. If you have any questions, please ask...I'll also have our original website updated to get these out as soon as available.

Thanks for looking!

Juan

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #75
RCC Addict

I can not wait, period. I just have a feeling I'm going to be assembling this the night before my next points comp.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Heels yeah. Good to see your vision get produced for the masses. Thanks for coming back, even if its to put this chassis out. I love the CF section This will go good with my UGC t-shirt I won in your giveaway.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

i want this chassie bad
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

So happy I could pee... Oops... I did...
dickwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Mmmmm carbon fiber!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Well I heard shortly after your announcement that you'd be back so I was holding out to see what you came back with. I love the functionality of this chassis and was worried to hear it was gonna be carbon.. I've seen a few flimsy carbon chassis but I'm glad to see the nice beefyness of your carbon section. I think based on that and your shock mounting, among other things I will be buying this chassis. I love, love, love, my FB and can't wait to see what you guys brought to the table this time!

You think outside the box and really deliver on performance with style! I hope the top plates to this chassis flow just as nice as the FB! Any pics of the new top plates or are they exactly the same as DT's?

When you're ready to release I'll be ready to buy! I've been waiting and saving up so I won't miss out. If they sell out on the first day and I haven't got online to get one, save one for me I'm taking one no matter the cost! All your products have convinced me it will be worth it! Juan you really make great stuff and it's a shame you won't be bringing all those great parts back.
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote