Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti XL

Notices

Thread: Just bought yeti xl rtr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #141
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Just bought yeti xl rtr

Picture of the death row inmate on sat or sun I hope.

Dude stop deleting my honest posts about guys resetting the esc. That's the truth about what's been done.
47yok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #142
Rock Stacker

Oh yeah. It only takes about 2 minutes to pull the diff in that pic. All of 6 screws.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:38 PM   #143
Rock Stacker

Well here is an update.
The yxl got it deserved fate.
Axial has lost a customer for life.

They where going to send me replacement gears for the FIRST diff broken. THEY NEVER DID!!!!
AXIAL = LIARS.

My losi xxl2e has been exceptional.
Owned it since March 23rd.

NOT A BROKEN DIFF YET!!

I would like to know how much money
Some have in fixing that junk?
Don't worry I have a good idea already.
At least double what the rtr cost.
Axial= POS COMPANY!!!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:03 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47yok View Post
Well here is an update.
The yxl got it deserved fate.
Axial has lost a customer for life.

They where going to send me replacement gears for the FIRST diff broken. THEY NEVER DID!!!!
AXIAL = LIARS.

My losi xxl2e has been exceptional.
Owned it since March 23rd.

NOT A BROKEN DIFF YET!!

I would like to know how much money
Some have in fixing that junk?
Don't worry I have a good idea already.
At least double what the rtr cost.
Axial= POS COMPANY!!!
I can tell your new to this hobby every rc has its issues and being this axial first attempt at 1/8 scale its expected to have some issue. The Losi lst has had its issue through the years as well. I know I owned quite a few of them there was the LST, LST 2, LST RAMONATOR, LST AFTER SHOCK, LST MUGGY TRUGGY VERSION, LST XXL, LST OCTANE, LST XXLE, I have owned at least 4 versions of this truck look at how it evolved over the years. I say they had 9 trys to get it right. Another was the tmaxx I can go all day on that one with all the issues but they also have evolved over the years. The axial yeti will evolve eventually as well. If you want bullet proof with very little issues by a truggy preferable a Mugen

Last edited by basher1; 05-09-2016 at 06:13 PM.
basher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:03 PM   #145
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by basher1 View Post
I can tell your new to this hobby every rc has its issues and being this axial first attempt at 1/8 scale its expected to have some issue. The Losi lst has had its issue through the years as well. I know I owned quite a few of them there was the LST, LST 2, LST RAMONATOR, LST AFTER SHOCK, LST MUGGY TRUGGY VERSION, LST XXL, LST OCTANE, LST XXLE, I have owned at least 4 versions of this truck look at how it evolved over the years. I say they had 9 trys to get it right. Another was the tmaxx I can go all day on that one with all the issues but they also have evolved over the years. The axial yeti will evolve eventually as well. If you want bullet proof with very little issues by a truggy preferable a Mugen
Ditto to all that, in the stable now two savage flux with alza racing c/d's and many mods and aftermarket part's 1 losi lst xxl brushless 5 monster truggies 3 mt4s d8t and Arrma Kraton plus many more the D8t is probably my toughest rc with the kraton and mt4 hot on its heels the savage flux was a constant ring pion gear diff pin eating beast, till alza released the c.d mount she now rocks vorza diff cups thru out and other mods eventually someone will get all the problem areas under control with the YXL... BHB has been a Boss with the issues with it, just needs a little more aftermarket support or for axial to come out with some revised parts.

A good monster truggy will out handle out jump and lay the smack down on the lst and the lst is a rockin MT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO9JslnHbqA

Last edited by jump_it; 05-09-2016 at 07:06 PM.
jump_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:41 PM   #146
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump_it View Post
Ditto to all that, in the stable now two savage flux with alza racing c/d's and many mods and aftermarket part's 1 losi lst xxl brushless 5 monster truggies 3 mt4s d8t and Arrma Kraton plus many more the D8t is probably my toughest rc with the kraton and mt4 hot on its heels the savage flux was a constant ring pion gear diff pin eating beast, till alza released the c.d mount she now rocks vorza diff cups thru out and other mods eventually someone will get all the problem areas under control with the YXL... BHB has been a Boss with the issues with it, just needs a little more aftermarket support or for axial to come out with some revised parts.

A good monster truggy will out handle out jump and lay the smack down on the lst and the lst is a rockin MT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO9JslnHbqA
Big for that bash session. I treated my Losi 8T like that and other than a shock shaft zero issues. Miss that thing badly. Love my Losi XXL converted to BL and restoring a Losi Muggy now. Definitely going to look at a D8T after the Muggy.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:51 PM   #147
Pebble Pounder

Yea every truck sure does have issues especially new ones that haven't evolved. Savage flux was tougher than my Xl but right now I've got mine pretty tough and only run 6s and I take the Xl every single time. Way better drive for me. Ridiculous wheelies and standing backflips get old. Xl impresses me every time. For as much flak as it gets axial def got the recipe right, great design with not so great execution. Would be a sad day for me if they would discontinue it and I'd hope I still could get parts for some time.
Dionisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Just bought yeti xl rtr - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issue with Yeti, just bought used. Smonkman Axial Yeti 6 10-10-2015 12:02 PM
Been out of R/C for a while, bought a new yeti! coldfuzion76 Axial Yeti 6 10-02-2014 05:21 PM
I bought a RTR ax10 now what?? thriller Newbie General 15 12-25-2008 02:29 PM
Bought a RTR AX-10 Lilbro Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1 09-18-2008 02:34 PM