Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Badger's Axial Yeti Rock Racer disassembly thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #121
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Badger's Axial Yeti Rock Racer disassembly thread

Yes. My thanks to Badger for this very informative thread and well taken photos.
skeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #122
20K Club

Hmmm, a clockable detachable T-case. That really makes you wonder what else those guys may have planned for that portion of the transmission in the future.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #123

would that qualify as a transfer case per sorrca rules? i dont remember anything stated in the rules about a tcase needing to be divorced.

i havent been this excited since the wraith was announced.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #124
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
So how many screws to pull trans out?
Good question, I forgot to mention that in my post.

Since there is a T-case and with the front driveshaft in place, you have to remove half of the battery tray to lift the tranny out because you can't just slide it forward with the front center drive shaft, which is very easy to do.

You have a total of 13 screws to remove the tranny. Remove 8 screws on the chassis; 4 screws for the tranny, 2 screws for the T-case and 2 screws for the front battery tray uprights. Then from the bottom remove 3 screws for the rear battery tray uprights and from the top you remove the front two battery tray screws. Then lift and the battery tray uprights and rear upper assembly, then lift the front half of the battery tray.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #125
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsimps View Post
I think we all need to give Badger a round of applause for NOT DRIVING this awesomely new rig and instead taking very detailed pics of its innards. (or a round of thumbsup, because there's no applause smilie Thanks for taking the time to do this for all us who are just sitting around waiting for the next group of pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubHamuSan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm glx View Post
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeler View Post
Yes. My thanks to Badger for this very informative thread and well taken photos.
Thanks guys. It's been difficult to not just go out and drive it and my favorite bash spot (seen in my Twin Hammers video), probably since I've already driven one and know how much fun it is.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #126
Rock Crawler

*takes look at parts*

Boewaaah! *sniff* No extra light-buckets apart from the rear array. But, Extra driver-heads. Always welcome. As is the radiator. I also see a rack for a spare-tire. Neat.

On the gearbox : Cool. It has an áctual DropBox. I wonder if it can be rotated to really "drop" *ponders classic monster truck build*

Despite the somewhat sparse extra's, I really like what I see. And the paint is great too. Not exactly something I would normally fancy. But here it fits.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #127
RCC Addict

^Exact same thing I thought. From the looks of the flanges on the trans and t-case, it looks like the t-case can only be flipped 180*. Most likely, building an adapter for different clocking options would require a longer output shaft. It's got my interest though.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #128
SuperShafty.com

very nice pics sir. thanks for posting them.

looks like there really is a ton of room for low speed gears.

anyone thought about just swapping an scx transmission in one of these yet? you think there is even room to do something like that?

hey Badg, can you get me the width from hex to hex on this sucker? looks at least an inch wider than a wraith in some of those shots
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Hmmm, a clockable detachable T-case. That really makes you wonder what else those guys may have planned for that portion of the transmission in the future.
The way they built the trans tells me it'd be really easy for them to make an output housing with a bearing in it and slip a driveline onto the shaft. A simple input housing with a mounting foot built in for the t case would solve that mounting issue too.

I smell a scale rig in Axial's future.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #130
~THE SCALE SHOP~

hey John are the exhaust ports functional?
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #131
Rock Crawler

@ Mr jason if i had seen photos last night i would not have asked for them. But thanks for the repost of it i can see it this time
greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #132
RCC Addict

I've got one pre-ordered and like the concept but I'm on the fence if I really want one or not. I'm more of scale/crawler guy and there's no type of U4 racing in these parts so I'm just not sure it will be something I actually have a use for. I don't think it was designed with pure crawling in mind.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #133
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC6R View Post
I've got one pre-ordered and like the concept but I'm on the fence if I really want one or not. I'm more of scale/crawler guy and there's no type of U4 racing in these parts so I'm just not sure it will be something I actually have a use for. I don't think it was designed with pure crawling in mind.
Well... Axial was "working on something fast" and I don't think "fast" and "crawling" typicvally are used in the same sentence unless the sentence is...

"I took my XR out crawling today and it was amazing how fast I broke it."

JK Axial. I love you guys!
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:09 PM   #134
Rock Crawler

Love the pics John!!!
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:20 AM   #135
Rock Crawler

@mjderstine

an SCX 10 tranny? Hmm. Not unless you change all gears for steel ones, I guess. The power of 3s on a big motor like the one in the Yeti can be brútal, especially when coupled to a locked rear shaft with big *$$ wheels.

Imho the current gearbox looks fine. Clocking that dropbox, on the other hand, got the creative juices flowing. (Takes a glance at the TXT-1 in the corner of the room) All that's needed is some external bracket to attach the gearbox and tcase more securely.

I can't wait till this sucka' is available overhere, especially after having been informed that my pre-ordered re-re Scorpion from kyosho.de is not going to be here any time soon ( *sniff* ). Sorry Kyo, you done mucked'up, Axial is going to get my moolah now..

The experience with the EXO was that it was available overhere even befóre the US customers got their hands on one. I have good hopes that I can get my grubby hands on a Yeti in the next two, or three weeks.

Last edited by Jay-Em; 07-08-2014 at 04:24 AM.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:08 AM   #136
SuperShafty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Em View Post
@mjderstine

an SCX 10 tranny? Hmm. Not unless you change all gears for steel ones, I guess. The power of 3s on a big motor like the one in the Yeti can be brútal, especially when coupled to a locked rear shaft with big *$$ wheels.

Imho the current gearbox looks fine. Clocking that dropbox, on the other hand, got the creative juices flowing. (Takes a glance at the TXT-1 in the corner of the room) All that's needed is some external bracket to attach the gearbox and tcase more securely.

Of course my friend. It would have to be a bulletproof transmission from supershafty. Or it would shear it self to pieces at the first throttle blip.

I thought this sort of thing would be obvious but I like that you are looking out for the newbs who read this stuff my fine contrarian.
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:32 AM   #137
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
And here's the next batch of photos.

Looks like it includes parts to allow the rig to carry a spare...
Stone age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #138
Pebble Pounder

No firearms on the parts tree?! Thats my only gripe.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
fourxfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Do you have a picture of just the pan? I'ts gotta be killing you to have it all apart. Bring it to Glen Helen this weekend.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #140
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxfunk View Post
No firearms on the parts tree?! Thats my only gripe.

So far guns haven't been needed in Ultra 4 racing that I'm aware of.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.2, axial, crawler, enough already, nobody cares about the th, rock racer, scaler, yeti

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/500727-badgers-axial-yeti-rock-racer-disassembly-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
Forum serwisu RC-AUTO • Zobacz wÄ…tek - Proline racing SC buggy. This thread Refback 07-11-2014 10:16 AM
• Thema anzeigen - Axial Yeti - Resteverwertung pur... This thread Refback 07-11-2014 04:28 AM
La novità contro la concorrenza:AXIAL YETI - Pagina 9 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 07-10-2014 01:46 PM
La novità contro la concorrenza:AXIAL YETI - Pagina 9 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 07-08-2014 02:46 AM
Axial Yeti in details This thread Refback 07-07-2014 01:23 PM
Axial YETI... du lourd en perspective... - Page 6 This thread Refback 07-05-2014 07:29 AM

Badger's Axial Yeti Rock Racer disassembly thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Badger's Vaterra Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer badger Vaterra Twin Hammers 713 08-23-2017 04:42 AM
Badger's Axial SCX10 Jeep JK w/ VP Currie Rock Axles badger Axial SCX-10 283 01-23-2016 08:04 PM
Badger's XR10 live build discussion thread badger Axial XR10 175 08-11-2010 04:51 PM
Axial rock racer tuber53 Chit Chat 10 05-12-2008 07:17 PM