Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Badger's Axial Yeti Rock Racer disassembly thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #161
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: Badger's Axial Yeti Rock Racer disassembly thread

John/Bradon are the Yeti front lower arms identical to the Exo's? with the new knuckles.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #162
Come and take them!®

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
John/Bradon are the Yeti front lower arms identical to the Exo's? with the new knuckles.
Could one of you guy's PLEASE post pics of last pages of owner's insruction manual "Parts List"? Or, are you under a gag order?
Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #163
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter711 View Post
Could one of you guy's PLEASE post pics of last pages of owner's insruction manual "Parts List"? Or, are you under a gag order?
Axial has it on their site now...
R/CMaxximus5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #164
TSK
Shelf queen

Axial Racing - Yeti

Finally. Something else to look at.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #165
Come and take them!®

Downloaded it. Thank you sir!
Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #166
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Axial Racing - Yeti

Finally. Something else to look at.
That video looks like the rig can certainly handle the rough stuff and is the closest thing to the bash site that I have at my disposal. It makes me sad for my TH, which I am reassembling now after a long down stretch.

I really want to see the Yeti at 80-100% speed over gravel or uneven dirt without slow motion to ascertain if the rear solid axle imparts sideways thrust under compression which results in a change of direction. That's it! If no sideways thrust, then I'm sold. If it suffers the same weaknesses as the TH, as cool as it is, I'm. Not.

I think a metallic gray with black accents and some LEDS would look absolutely wicked for this rig.
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #167
RCC Addict

Meh, just get a spektrum radio with AVC....
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:08 PM   #168
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by klampykixx View Post
the rim is the same offset front and rear

the hub makes it a different offset.

Oh okay I thought he was referring to the hubs.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #169
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTT View Post
That video looks like the rig can certainly handle the rough stuff and is the closest thing to the bash site that I have at my disposal. It makes me sad for my TH, which I am reassembling now after a long down stretch.

I really want to see the Yeti at 80-100% speed over gravel or uneven dirt without slow motion to ascertain if the rear solid axle imparts sideways thrust under compression which results in a change of direction. That's it! If no sideways thrust, then I'm sold. If it suffers the same weaknesses as the TH, as cool as it is, I'm. Not.

I think a metallic gray with black accents and some LEDS would look absolutely wicked for this rig.
The reason why I typically ignore these type of posts/requests is because even if I did try to get a video of as close to exactly what you want, the rig would do something that is completely expected out of a rig with a rear solid & locked axle and still you would find something you don't like about it and say that you're not sold.

I'm happy with the amount of Yeti's I've sold from my pictures and video that I've posted. With all the pics and the few videos of the Yeti that are online, if you're not sold on it yet, I don't know if you ever will be.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #170
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
The reason why I typically ignore these type of posts/requests is because even if I did try to get a video of as close to exactly what you want, the rig would do something that is completely expected out of a rig with a rear solid & locked axle and still you would find something you don't like about it and say that you're not sold.

I'm happy with the amount of Yeti's I've sold from my pictures and video that I've posted. With all the pics and the few videos of the Yeti that are online, if you're not sold on it yet, I don't know if you ever will be.
I find that real-time video makes it more difficult to ascertain the handling characteristics. Slow motion is always better for seeing how suspension works, if there are handling issues, etc.

I took my pre-release out today, and looking at the slo-mo footage, I'm liking what I see.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #171
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTT View Post

Yeah! And You know what? It also doesn't poop purple smoke and/or spreads twinkly stars from the exhaust thingy...

So, i'm not sold too.....
Oh, sod it! I'm gonna get this sucka' especially after perusing the manual for a bit, and seeing that many EXO aly goodies will fit...
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #172
Pebble Pounder

Back to the thread at hand!!!!

Looking at the parts list, looks like a 12MM. Shock body and 96MM front driveshafts. The front driveshafts were a big issue on the Exo, they would pop out because the were only 94mm.
tcm glx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #173

So this being my first post, I wanted to say I pre ordered a Yeti woot woot. Also wanted to thank you for the videos, pics. and sharing. I haven't been in the RC world for over 20 years with my last RC's being a Grasshopper and Hornet from the early 80's. I can't wait for this thing to be released. A hobby revisited or is it an obsession....
RCequipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #174
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCequipped View Post
So this being my first post, I wanted to say I pre ordered a Yeti woot woot. Also wanted to thank you for the videos, pics. and sharing. I haven't been in the RC world for over 20 years with my last RC's being a Grasshopper and Hornet from the early 80's. I can't wait for this thing to be released. A hobby revisited or is it an obsession....
Welcome back!
A wraith got me back into RC hot and heavy a couple years ago.
Before that I hadn't been to into it since my HPI RS4 days in the mid 90's.

That said, I hope this whole new axial beast turns trifecta for Axial.
SCX10, Wraith, Yeti.

Like Star Wars... Episode 6;
Return of the Yet-i!

I'll be here all night folks... tip your waitress.
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #175
Quarry Creeper

This again is making me want to throw to much money into a toy that I plan on ripping apart to make custom parts for then sit it down after the two months of destroying it "fun part". But I will say the Th height vs the yeti is laughable, but to top it off I plan on ordering some portals to put on the shaved a arms and rear axle to make this thing a Water walker.

My question to Badger I know you have not shown but Could you take a 2cell or 3cell and take pictures of it placed all around the cage for opening spots and holding areas where I can place 6+ cells Thanks
Absurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:27 AM   #176

Hey badger, would it be possible for you to post a few pictures of the new double sheer steering rack please? I have built a wrexo already and am am to stubborn to go get a yeti and just want to know if it would be worth trying to mount up a yeti steering system once parts become available or just leave the flimsy exo steering rack in
cheers
jacko117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #177
SuperShafty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Ever heard of VP SLW hubs?
no, whats VP?
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #178
jpf
Quarry Creeper

Default Badger's Axial Yeti Rock Racer disassembly thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjderstine View Post
no, whats VP?

here http://www.vanquishproducts.com/slwwheelhubs.html

... JP Out

Last edited by jpf; 07-12-2014 at 03:57 PM.
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #179
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko117 View Post
Hey badger, would it be possible for you to post a few pictures of the new double sheer steering rack please? I have built a wrexo already and am am to stubborn to go get a yeti and just want to know if it would be worth trying to mount up a yeti steering system once parts become available or just leave the flimsy exo steering rack in
cheers
If you go to Axial's website, they show a pretty good pic of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjderstine View Post
no, whats VP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpf View Post

here SLW WHEEL HUBS

... JP Out
Boom!™
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:20 AM   #180

[QUOTE=TheSCorpionKing;4832773]If you go to Axial's website, they show a pretty good pic of it.

I have looked at every yeti thread and every picture on axial's website but they show no detail, all it shows is that it is a dual sheer mount on the end of the steering rack and that there is possibly a second arm further back in the chassis near the gearbox possibly for more torque on the steering arms or maybe for durability but there is not enough detail to tell if its actually there or am I seeing things. I want to know if the steering rack is double thickness for its entire length or just at the ends, is the new front diff and drive shaft raised to clear it and does it use the same or similar mounting dimensions as the exo terra buggy as I want to know if I can mount it to my wrexo. I even tried to download the yeti manual off axial's website but it just won't open on my computer.
jacko117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.2, axial, crawler, enough already, nobody cares about the th, rock racer, scaler, yeti

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/500727-badgers-axial-yeti-rock-racer-disassembly-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
Forum serwisu RC-AUTO • Zobacz wÄ…tek - Proline racing SC buggy. This thread Refback 07-11-2014 10:16 AM
• Thema anzeigen - Axial Yeti - Resteverwertung pur... This thread Refback 07-11-2014 04:28 AM
La novità contro la concorrenza:AXIAL YETI - Pagina 9 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 07-10-2014 01:46 PM
La novità contro la concorrenza:AXIAL YETI - Pagina 9 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 07-08-2014 02:46 AM
Axial Yeti in details This thread Refback 07-07-2014 01:23 PM
Axial YETI... du lourd en perspective... - Page 6 This thread Refback 07-05-2014 07:29 AM

Badger's Axial Yeti Rock Racer disassembly thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Badger's Vaterra Twin Hammers 1.9 Rock Racer badger Vaterra Twin Hammers 713 08-23-2017 04:42 AM
Badger's Axial SCX10 Jeep JK w/ VP Currie Rock Axles badger Axial SCX-10 283 01-23-2016 08:04 PM
Badger's XR10 live build discussion thread badger Axial XR10 175 08-11-2010 04:51 PM
Axial rock racer tuber53 Chit Chat 10 05-12-2008 07:17 PM