Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Dasco's Yeti 2.0 lol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #201
RCC Addict

Default Re: Dasco's Yeti 2.0 lol

Okay, I'm a huge tech nerd and of the last few posts, the only thing I read was

1. got a new phone m9

Got mine about a week before they were officially released by the carriers. Ordered it from AT&T and got it much earlier than I expected. So far, I'm living it! Had a One (M7) previously and the M9 is definitely an improvement. Not too much bigger, but enough to where you notice some without it being too bulky like a phablet. The new 20MP camera isn't bad and nice that added RAW mode, which makes editing a lot better. Speakers are still about the same, but the inclusion of Dolby software definitely makes a difference. Did take me a bit to get used to the power button being on the side, though. But I've got a decent case that helps separate it from the volume buttons. Blink Feed is still about the same. Looks a little different, but still just as usuable as it has been. Of course I've used it since its debut in 2013, so I'm pretty fond of it.

Sorry for the threadjack. We now return you to your regularly scheduled Yeti Build Thread!
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2015, 01:19 PM   #202
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja turtle View Post
Try counter sinking the holes.

Good idea ninja looks clean too! Erik has sent me the replacement parts..all I can say is wow..Erik is a for sure stand up guy!! Love the jewelry he makes and his customer service is second to none!!
dasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #203
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
Okay, I'm a huge tech nerd and of the last few posts, the only thing I read was

1. got a new phone m9

Got mine about a week before they were officially released by the carriers. Ordered it from AT&T and got it much earlier than I expected. So far, I'm living it! Had a One (M7) previously and the M9 is definitely an improvement. Not too much bigger, but enough to where you notice some without it being too bulky like a phablet. The new 20MP camera isn't bad and nice that added RAW mode, which makes editing a lot better. Speakers are still about the same, but the inclusion of Dolby software definitely makes a difference. Did take me a bit to get used to the power button being on the side, though. But I've got a decent case that helps separate it from the volume buttons. Blink Feed is still about the same. Looks a little different, but still just as usuable as it has been. Of course I've used it since its debut in 2013, so I'm pretty fond of it.

Sorry for the threadjack. We now return you to your regularly scheduled Yeti Build Thread!
Hahaahah...sounds exactly like what I did..had the m7 switched to the m9 and I would say your observations are spot on . HTC is a lifestyle..lol
Old 05-11-2015, 03:28 PM   #204
Rock Crawler

New parts ..hehhehe

Last edited by dasco; 05-11-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:28 PM   #205
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasco View Post
New jewelry...weight system bolts right on and clears the slw's and hex's ..thanks again big E
Old 05-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #206
Rock Crawler

That is beautiful! I don't even have knuckle weights on my scx10 yet!
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #207
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 802coma View Post
That is beautiful! I don't even have knuckle weights on my scx10 yet!
Thx brother ...it looks really good behind the motoworx wheels..I'll post pic's when I get it all back together...and hope to get some video of it crawling...I think it will blow your mind what it will actually do...it did mine..and I had a full comp ready losi comp crawler so I know what it is supposed to do..plus I compare it with the wraiths
Old 05-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #208
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasco View Post
Thx brother ...it looks really good behind the motoworx wheels..I'll post pic's when I get it all back together...and hope to get some video of it crawling...I think it will blow your mind what it will actually do...it did mine..and I had a full comp ready losi comp crawler so I know what it is supposed to do..plus I compare it with the wraiths

I did some crawling with mine the other day and I was thoroughly impressed with it until I crushed the throttle to whip it around in a opened area and the spur let go. Felt the motor it's was pretty warm so I think the heat weakened the plastic. Have a new spur and pinion coming. Gearing it down while I'm at it
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #209
Rock Crawler

Thx for reminding me..lol..I have all metal gears and motor mount but the motor got a little warm with the 16t so I'll step down to 11
Old 05-12-2015, 09:02 PM   #210
Quarry Creeper

Do you need the extra weight up front? Just crawlin?
trig n tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #211
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig n tahoe View Post
Do you need the extra weight up front? Just crawlin?
Yes it's for crawling ..we do loomy dirt ,loose rock ,with some bigger rocks and Cliff face stuff so the weight in the front helps quite a bit.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:12 PM   #212
Rock Crawler

Been a while thought I'd bring this up for the new guys..added more to the listof parts on the first page as well!!

Dasco's Yeti 2.0 lol - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti, Set, GO!!! FastEddy Bearings for the Axial Yeti FastEddy Axial Yeti 13 04-21-2015 07:33 AM
water yeti.. calling all yeti owners going2fast Axial Yeti 11 11-02-2014 05:43 PM
Wheel Chinamans..lol had Carnage..lol UPNOVER General Crawlers 0 02-27-2006 08:03 AM