Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: A Yeti for the Alllgäu or my little monster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2018, 07:00 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: A Yeti for the Alllgäu or my little monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
@Antsiranean as you can see there is no issue with the bearing, many room to the plate and there was way less dirt in it as the last time.
I am glad to hear. When I tried it, something stuck, which seems odd if you don't have the same problem. But never mind as long as it works out.

Will you upgrade the broken front diff, or just replace it with standard Axial parts?
Antsiranean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2018, 08:17 AM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antsiranean View Post
I am glad to hear. When I tried it, something stuck, which seems odd if you don't have the same problem. But never mind as long as it works out.

Will you upgrade the broken front diff, or just replace it with standard Axial parts?
maybe wrong size i think i use 10mm bearings not sure.. will update if i find out more
i will replace them with standard axial hd gears as used before, not easy to get this times but amain had them are there better options than the axial hd? rear did very well no issues
but i will upgrade the bulkhead to the vanquish cause of the better design, bigger bearings, bearing holder, better maintenance . the gpm did really well but it's standard design.

Last edited by magic_yeti; 04-11-2018 at 08:20 AM.
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Found a Option for the diff gear from incision. It's in the rowing boat from hk. As the axial parts arrived i use these and will install the new vanquish bulkhead. But now i have repacement on hand.

As i have the Front apart i change the diff oil from 1000000 cst to 2000000 cst.
Have to leave for a 5 day buisness trip hopefull all air bubbles will be out If i"m back. After 24h they still have a way to go.

Send by my Pixel 2 XL with Tapatalk

Last edited by magic_yeti; 04-23-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:46 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Front ist assembled. All fit nice with the vanquish bulkhead.

And after 5 days the air is out of the diff.

Send by my Pixel 2 XL with Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2019, 01:58 PM   #85
RCC Addict

As i was at a longer business trip in February 2018 i had all my little monster stuff with me for some changes.
So i went thru my part bins and just realized that i have a mostly complete yeti in parts.
Over the year i gathered parts cheep from ebay like transmission chassis...

Now i have some wrench time and i started my project "little monster 2" (have to find a name for it...)

New parts like chassis rear cage ... goes to little monster the used ones will build number 2
Parts swap done

Some progress on number 2 as Little Monster is waiting for new cvd's, will go back to axial ones.

Will start with the original power setup on number2 CC SW3 with 3800kv 1410 SCT combo (back to the roots)...

Last edited by magic_yeti; 01-06-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:44 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Some missing parts arrived today. So some progress on number2.

SSD rear upper links installed
Front diff filled with 2000000cst. Now waiting that it settles

Rear finished...
Stock axle housing with Beef Tubes and full width SSD Kit. Internally i use a boomracing locker and axial hd gears. SSD lockouts modified with screws front/rear. And TBR AR60 skid plate.

Right now i'm looking for some front shocks, have an eye on the Gmade XD piggybag 93mm. What you think?
Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk

Last edited by magic_yeti; 01-09-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #87
RCC Addict

Made some Progress on Numbers 2.

Put the Front together. Using vanquish knuckles, incission cvds, GPM alloy bulkhead, incission Gears 38/13 and the Rest are stock parts. Still no Front shox....

Links are made with Traxxas parts and hinge Pin with diy sleeves.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:04 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Close to the maiden drive with No2
Found some turnigy 90mm shox, they fit nice with the vanquish shock adjuster. Installed a 2" onetomanyrc light bar.

Done all the wiring and moved all electronic into the fuel cell - 6ch receiver for my hacked gt3b (which moved from little monster to no2), turnigy 12V switch for the light bars (a 5" will go on the roof), Onetomanyrc Light bar driver and castle link.

Progress on my little monster
Waterproofed the GT5 receiver and installed it. Setup done.

Little monster is back in business

Last edited by magic_yeti; 01-16-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:10 AM   #89
RCC Addict

After little monster is back in business with the new radio.

More progress on little frankenstein (No2) cage and pannels mounted
still missing interieur, tried to make one by my self but thats not mine (lack of tools, material and time) so one is on order and a sway bar wire as well (no tools to make my own so i ordered the gpm one). Now waiting on parts.

Still todo lights, decals, dust cover .......

Here how my "twins" look right now little monster and little frankenstein

Old 02-16-2019, 02:53 AM   #90
RCC Addict

Little Frankenstein has done his First steps

So far everthing is holding up. Installed Interieur, boom racing swaybar with GPM swaybar Wire (wasn't included by the boom racing set). The turnigy shox work well with the stiffer HR springs and the proline shox working better on the lighter rig (-2kg). Some work to do Paint...., but it's running.

Old 12-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #91
RCC Addict

After running little monster hard this Year. Testing my new SkyRc GPS Locker.
I mentioned some serious problems at high speed ending in hugh salto's and rolls. But reached nearly 60km/h on the grassland. So a Tear down inspection has to be done. Let's see what i will find. Starting with the front.
First visible breakage my roof rack

Found a broken screw in the diff cup, so this has to be replaced. No Idea how this happend cause i use hardend steel screws....

Spider gears are still ok but have wear (ok after all the abuse) so i will replace them as well.

Biggest issue i found is a lost spacer of my Hot Racing steering Rack, have to find another spacer (7.5mmx5mm with M2.5) that fits or a new steering rack. Could be one of the reasons it was a little unstable at high speed.

Tomorrow i will start with the rear, if i find time. If not Marry Christmas to @ll.

Last edited by magic_yeti; 12-22-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:28 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Very sorry Gazzalene unloaded on you. ��
Cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
Very sorry Gazzalene unloaded on you. ��
Thx cheez , but not a big deal. We tried it, but if he takes it like this. Not my prob. I know my little monster and i can read ..
We have a saying in german: Was kratzt es die deutsche Eiche, wenn die Sau sich dran reibt.
What does it itch the German oak tree when the sow rubs against it. (Hope translation is not too bad)

Small update regarding the rear axle inspection,
- Rear axles still straight, no bending. But the pin hole shows some wear, they will go in the parts box as quick replacement and replaced by new ones i already have. Ordered replacements as i ordered the axle, to have quick replacement. Remembering the posts about axles bend, i think it was a good decision to use pin mounted hubs in combination with the wide axle, they have minimal to no slope between hub and axle and i don't need lockouts.
- the torque master locker i use has some slope on one side - will replace it
- Rear gears have little wear, will exchange them with the ones of little Frankenstein
- striped 2 screws next todo

Not much progress right now. A Capra came in the way

Running out on middle splines. Considering to switch to SSD Rear Drive shaft. Any experience with this option? So i don't loose a spline, if the rods of the trailing arm break, cause it's 2 piece design. Or buy a new plastic set to get splines, cause i like the wild bores with the shiny peaces and no issues beside this. Maybe secure the spline somehow. we'll see
Old 01-17-2020, 09:02 AM   #94

After going through this post, I had pull my Yeti out the garage. Going to start using it again. Going to order new lipos.

Notice many aftermarket parts are no longer available, Vanquish discontinued the front axle shafts, mine are broken. I still have the old dog bones.
Grouchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:34 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchman View Post
After going through this post, I had pull my Yeti out the garage. Going to start using it again. Going to order new lipos.

Notice many aftermarket parts are no longer available, Vanquish discontinued the front axle shafts, mine are broken. I still have the old dog bones.
You still can get org. Axial's they are still available for example:
for Yeti EXO 2pcs #AX31135, ,(AX31135) by Axial Universal Axle Set 92mm
Or search for Axial AX31135

A Yeti for the Alllgäu or my little monster - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This is a Monster....Yeti XL is a fitting name!!! redsawacs Axial Yeti XL 198 11-29-2017 01:23 PM
Mamba monster motor in Yeti? jordanbottle Axial Yeti 8 06-01-2015 09:55 AM
Yeti Monster! twissted Videos! 3 12-17-2014 02:36 PM