Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Orange County rcrc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #901
RCC Addict

Default Update on CDM

I finally was able to speak to a Newport Beach Park's Department supervisor today. He was aware of the situation that happened this past Sunday and was willing to hear my side of the story.

Their reasoning for shutting down "any" event such as as ours is that we are "reserving the spot" in the eyes of the Municipal Code. Although it was explained that we are in no way prohibiting anyone from walking through, on, or around the courses we set up, the fact that someone might not be able to sit in a certain location due to our course being set up is a municipla code violation.

I asked about the religious groups that are essentially doing the same thing by setting up EZ Ups and banners for ceremonies, but that fell on deaf ears. I also mentioned that we brought in $300- $400 in parking fees for the day and that too had no affect on him.

He said that the safety hazard involved any motorized vehicle, regardless of size, can cause damage to the rocks and or a person that might be watching or walking through the event. Case in point when Don's shiny new XR10 landed on asshole's leg and that was the end of any rational thought from that guy.

One valid point he did make was the marking of the rocks with chalk, that while easily removable, is an environmental issue due to the rocks being deemed an environmentaly sensitive area. That could be easliy fixed by not marking the courses but that too made no difference.

I literally threw everything I had at him while remaining calm and listening to his reasons why we are not allowed to crawl there anymore. I also included the fact that M.Ferris (insert photo of asshole ranger here), was rude, abusive, not willing to listen to anything we had to say and just a plain dick, but that made no difference either.

I wish that I had better news but at this point, all I can say is that if you decide to crawl at CDM, you are risking a violation and citation of which I do not know what the amount would be. It looks as if we basically have "gotten away with" driving down there for the last few years. They have more man power now to enforce these municipla codes and that is what their doing.

Attached below is a link to the Newport Beach Municipla Code the supervisor cited as to why we are no longer aloud to hold events there. I think you will see as you read the code that it makes no god damn sense at all, but that's government for ya!
Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions and or reply to the thread and I will do the best I can to respond.

Click on the link. ON the left hand side you will see a list of municpal codes. Click on #11 Recreational Activities. Then click on 11.08.010- Conduct on Beaches and Piers

http://www.codepublishing.com/CA/NewportBeach/

Last edited by paystin; 09-03-2010 at 03:53 PM.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2010, 01:21 AM   #902
I wanna be Dave

That sucks...

You guys handled the situation well, you pushed the point without overstepping any boundries.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Please let us know when the next OC event is, I'm going to try to make as many OC events as I can.

My moto: I make 2nd from last possible...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #903
RCC Addict

It definately does suck to lose CDM as a comp spot. We'll have to make due with the other's that we have in the OC. I think we are going to add the Temecula spot to replace CDM on the schedule. San Diego is not going to use it and I'm not sure about SoCal but it's a great place to crawl and somewhat convenient for everyone.

The link is for our 2010/ 2011 Comp series dates. We're looking forward to having everyone show up and support the club.

http://socalrcrc.org//threads/3612-O...p-series-dates

Last edited by paystin; 09-05-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #904

Hi guys. n00b here. I live in OC and am about to buy my first crawler. Do the Rangers have a problem with going to CDM to practice? Or is it just the Comps they are sweating?

Thanks.
Chivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #905
RCC Addict

It's more the comps that they have a real problem with. If you are there just driving around (without setting up courses) you should be fine.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
I finally was able to speak to a Newport Beach Park's Department supervisor today. He was aware of the situation that happened this past Sunday and was willing to hear my side of the story.

Their reasoning for shutting down "any" event such as as ours is that we are "reserving the spot" in the eyes of the Municipal Code. Although it was explained that we are in no way prohibiting anyone from walking through, on, or around the courses we set up, the fact that someone might not be able to sit in a certain location due to our course being set up is a municipla code violation.

I asked about the religious groups that are essentially doing the same thing by setting up EZ Ups and banners for ceremonies, but that fell on deaf ears. I also mentioned that we brought in $300- $400 in parking fees for the day and that too had no affect on him.

He said that the safety hazard involved any motorized vehicle, regardless of size, can cause damage to the rocks and or a person that might be watching or walking through the event. Case in point when Don's shiny new XR10 landed on asshole's leg and that was the end of any rational thought from that guy.

One valid point he did make was the marking of the rocks with chalk, that while easily removable, is an environmental issue due to the rocks being deemed an environmentaly sensitive area. That could be easliy fixed by not marking the courses but that too made no difference.

I literally threw everything I had at him while remaining calm and listening to his reasons why we are not allowed to crawl there anymore. I also included the fact that M.Ferris (insert photo of asshole ranger here), was rude, abusive, not willing to listen to anything we had to say and just a plain dick, but that made no difference either.

I wish that I had better news but at this point, all I can say is that if you decide to crawl at CDM, you are risking a violation and citation of which I do not know what the amount would be. It looks as if we basically have "gotten away with" driving down there for the last few years. They have more man power now to enforce these municipla codes and that is what their doing.

Attached below is a link to the Newport Beach Municipla Code the supervisor cited as to why we are no longer aloud to hold events there. I think you will see as you read the code that it makes no god damn sense at all, but that's government for ya!
Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions and or reply to the thread and I will do the best I can to respond.

Click on the link. ON the left hand side you will see a list of municpal codes. Click on #11 Recreational Activities. Then click on 11.08.010- Conduct on Beaches and Piers

http://www.codepublishing.com/CA/NewportBeach/
Well guys there are no park rangers at OCRC
IF you would like to have an event here just give me a call, we'll set something up!
Peace
RB
RB@OCRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #907
Pebble Pounder

anyone want a berg???
DonCrawla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #908
Rock Crawler

Hey guys there's a comp in San Diego (SDRCRC) at Lake Wohlford on the 9th of Oct. Just wanted to spread the word if you haven't seen the thread. COME OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN.
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #909
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCrawla View Post
anyone want a berg???
How you liking the new rig?
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #910
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHuffer View Post
Hey guys there's a comp in San Diego (SDRCRC) at Lake Wohlford on the 9th of Oct. Just wanted to spread the word if you haven't seen the thread. COME OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN.
I would love to come out but my daughter is in soccer until mid November. Every Saturday until then is tied up. It's part of the reason we're starting on Nov.20.

Have fun though!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #911
RCC Addict

I was playing around with a new logo for the club. I still need to clean up the lettering but let me know what you guys think.
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #912
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
I was playing around with a new logo for the club. I still need to clean up the lettering but let me know what you guys think.
Gay!

Just kidding Chris it pretty cool. Didnt know you knew how to do stuff like that.
Shoei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #913
RCC Addict

Ya now you just need to put some ROCKs and some CRAWLERS in there and it will be perfect.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #914
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoei1 View Post
Gay!

Just kidding Chris it pretty cool. Didnt know you knew how to do stuff like that.
You know how I know you're gay? I don't really "know" how to do this kind of stuff but I got a new graphics program for work and I was just messing around with it. It kind of fell together more than I meant to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Ya now you just need to put some ROCKs and some CRAWLERS in there and it will be perfect.
Maybe I could put a crawler flying through the sun like in E.T For all you young kids, E.T was a movie way back in the early 80's about a little Alien visiting earth.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #915
RCC Addict

Thanks to Norris for the Logo. I think it's a winner so far.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #916
Quarry Creeper

I like the first (original) background, but then incorporate the newer lettering into it.

Dont forget to add "ROCK CRAWLING IS NOT A CRIME MR. RANGER"
towtruckmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #917
Quarry Creeper

but it looks like the right front tire fell off , at the last gate !
big dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #918
RCC Addict

Default Saturday 11/6/10 GTG @ Nature Park

Hey all,
A few of us (so far) are plannin a GTG at Nature Park for a little precomp practice. I know it's on the same day as SD's comp (sorry about that guys) but I can't make it down there for the whole day.

We'll be there from 1:30 until the batteries die. Hope to see some of you down there that aren't going to SD.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #919
RCC Addict

Default Nature Park Comp 11/20/10

Hey Everybody,

Our first comp is coming up next Saturday, November 20. It will be held at the Nature Park location (under the bridge). Sign ups will start at 8:30 with driving starting at 9:00 a.m.

Our goal this year is to run 4 courses instead of the 3 we were doing. In order for this to happen, we will need help judging. Tyler and I are the only 2 judges we know will be there every comp so we need volunteers to help out.

The way the judging will work is, whenever a judge decides to run another course, they will need to be relieved so they can go drive. It really sucks to judge all day and then have to run 3 or 4 courses back to back. This is going to take some cooperation and help from those competing to make sure everyone has a fair chance at driving the courses. We're really not asking for a lot here and I know most, if not all of you are willing to help out when needed.

We will be running a season long points series which will culminate in the top 5 drivers being eligable for the regional event in June. Points will be awarded for your finishing order similiar to what we did last year.

All events will run a 2.2 class only for points. 1.9's are an option at each event if there are enough people that choose to run them (and judges that will help out). Sorry, but no Super class will be run.

As always, there is no charge for our comps so please bring your rigs and a helping attitude to make this great for everybody.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:39 AM   #920
D-Wray 4 Prez!

I am 80% there. So if I can make it, I will gladly help with judging.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote