RCC Addict

Default Comp #5 info

OCRCRC Comp #5- Nature Park 4/16/11
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #942
RCC Addict

Default Final Comp for the OC boys!

It's with mixed emotions that Tyler and I have decided that we can no longer run the OCRCRC club after our final comp.

We both have life changing events happening that will not allow us to dedicate our time to the club any longer. Tyler will be going to school in L.A next fall and I am going through a divorce that has changed my weekend schedule from what it used to be.

Other factors such as dwindling attendance (there's a lot to blame for that) and the fact that we have lost a few of our comp spots over the past year was also a factor. We would love to keep this thing running as a local club but we just can't commit to a schedule next year.

What does this mean for the club as a recognized USRCCA affiliate? We have talked to a few members of the local crawling clubs (names withheld for now) about taking over the club and running it in a differerant area of SoCal. This way we do not lose the recognition of the club and the other members will still have options for competing in events.

I can only speak for myself in that I still plan on running a full schedule next year between all 3 clubs (when time premits) so I won't go away completly. I know, good news for some, bad news for others.
I'm not sure of Tyler's plans so I will not answer that for him.

Our final comp will be ran in conjunction with San Diego's final comp (details shortly) and will be held on Saturday, May 21. Will will take the scores from that event and transfer them to our final points series totals to achieve the 5 drivers that we will send to Regionals. Both Tyler and I will be at that event helping with the setup and participating as usual.

Finally, I would like to sincerely thank all of you that have supported the club from day one. I know we didn't run the biggest or baddest comps in SoCal but you guys made it worth doing and we are thankful for that. We hope that the "new management" will get the same joy out of watching people come to their events and support them the same way we have.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns you might have.

See you on the rocks!
Chris
Old 05-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #943
2006 2.2 National Champ

Sorry to hear it Chris, and Tyler. But, we all know how life can take a turn in an instant. You guys need to do what you need to do. I had a great time at all the OCRCRC events I attended, loved the laid back atmosphere and everyone's attitude was great.

On another note, I am out for the final comp, as I will be in Montana for scale nats. I will keep an eye out for info on regionals though.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #944
I wanna be Dave

Sorry to hear this guys, but I completely understand. This is my last season down here, so I'm glad you guys waited.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #945
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
Sorry to hear it Chris, and Tyler. But, we all know how life can take a turn in an instant. You guys need to do what you need to do. I had a great time at all the OCRCRC events I attended, loved the laid back atmosphere and everyone's attitude was great.

On another note, I am out for the final comp, as I will be in Montana for scale nats. I will keep an eye out for info on regionals though.
Thanks Brad. I appreciate the support both you and Axial have given to the club. Sorry to hear you can't make the final comp but I'll make sure you know what's happenning for regionals (I'm pretty sure you're in)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Sorry to hear this guys, but I completely understand. This is my last season down here, so I'm glad you guys waited.
Thanks Scott. You were great with volounteering to judge and supporting the club when you could. Appreciate it!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #946
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Sad to hear it Chris. The OC comps are the only ones that I have made it to everyone. Always fun and laid back as said before. I'm happy that you guys should be still crawling. I'll try and take it easy on you guys.
Thanks for all the hard work during this season.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #947

Ok live in south orange county and would like to check out some local rc crawlin'. I have a scx10 with a few mods. After reading this thread it seems like I may be out of luck. I would appreciate any info. Thanks Tyler Parks
parks688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #948
Jerry's RC Garage

You are still in luck they are talking about no longer doing comps but some people do scales runs @ holy jims and frm (corona del mar state beach) on wednesday nights. The best place to look for stuff going on is www.socalrcrc.org
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #949
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
You are still in luck they are talking about no longer doing comps but some people do scales runs @ holy jims and frm (corona del mar state beach) on wednesday nights. The best place to look for stuff going on is www.socalrcrc.org
I'd be carefull at Corona Del Mar, we were kicked out of there last time we had a friendly little get-together...

Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
thanks for the info I'll check it out. Holy jim is not far for me at all I go up there all the time doing 1:1 wheelin.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
I'd be carefull at Corona Del Mar, we were kicked out of there last time we had a friendly little get-together...

I've seen his type before.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #952
Jerry's RC Garage

People go every wednesday night with no problems.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #953
Rock Crawler

Whats up so cal guys. I lived in Orange County for my first 20 years, More specificly Tustin, Ca. I now live near Seattle, Wa. Been here 10 years. Anyways, saw OC on the thread and thought I would drop in. Sure miss the sun, skin, and ocean. I would like to get back down there and do some surfing and crawling. Take the kid to disneyland. How many comp spots you guys got down there? Any good urban man-made spots?

Ted
TedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:41 AM   #954

what was the complaint with running at CDM? if anyone knows.. plus im usually there thursdays mostly all day and never once had a "run-in" with the fuss haha
crimsonrs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #955
D-Wray 4 Prez!

We had an unauthorized organized event. Plus the crawlers could injure people walking by.
All in all he was on a power trip and he was new to CDM. Looks like you can crawl there with a couple people, but 20 or more, with comp gates look out!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #956
Jerry's RC Garage

ok the deal is the that the ranger there is quoting a law that doesn't mean rc cars. i received a ticket for 100.00 that my wife is fighting in newport beach court at the moment. so if you are going there on thursday with no problems. then consider yourself lucky. we go on wednesday after the rangers leave and have no problem. i know the comp was a problem, but unsure what the real problem is, but be assured we are trying to take care in a legal fashion. we feel the ranger is trying to over step his power. there is more info on the socal.org site. there is some info i cannot give out and there are some people involved who dont want to be named yet that are helping with the matter.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #957
Pebble Pounder

Default OC / Anaheim Hills

Anything local to me I'm in Anaheim Hills..... Trabuco canyon, black star canyon, etc ?????

-Mike-

Last edited by OCMike; 06-24-2011 at 12:15 PM.
OCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 PM   #958
Jerry's RC Garage

Default crawling @ cdm

We fought hard to be able to crawl @ cdm. We are able to crawl there with a few rules in place so if you plan to go please follow the rules. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

1. Stay away from the cliff edges, specifically stay at least 10 feet from the cliff edges for the safety of beach visitors below.
2. Limit your activities to the non peak months, avoiding any heavy use Memorial Weekend-Labor Day weekend (late May to early Sept) and when possible, try and limit your activities to the early morning hours when crowds are much smaller.
3. Stay away from the heavily traveled paths that the public use to walk to and from the beach on the other side of the rock formation.

If you wish to hold any type of event or competition, please contact the City of Newport Beach Recreation Department at 949 644-3151 and speak with Matt Dingwall regarding obtaining a Special Event Permit. Please note that initial contact should be made 2-3 months before the proposed event date. Events will not be considered or approved in the summer months (Memorial Weekend-Labor Day Weekend)
4. Limit activities to rock areas discussed and agreed upon at out meeting on Wednesday July 6, 2011. Specifically, the farthest west tip of the rock area provides space that does not have beach area below where cars run the risk of falling on beach visitors.
5. City of Newport Beach Officials and/or Park Patrol Officers reserve the right to request that groups and individuals cease the operation of or relocate the operation of remote controlled vehicles when they deem that a public safety risk is present.
6. Please be respectful of all visitors rights to access this area as these guidelines are not intended in any way to provide exclusive use to remote control car operators.
7. The use of remote control cars is done at your own risk and these guidelines may be revisited if necessary.

Last edited by jerry2575; 07-07-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:53 AM   #959
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Sounds like before, but had to go over it again. At least they see their stupid ways. Good work.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #960
Pebble Pounder

anyone down to hit up CDM with the wraiths?
spunkysandoval is offline   Reply With Quote