Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #361
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Hey guys, I got a couple emails and it looks like there will be 5-6 guys who won't be able to make it out Friday but will be out at the lake Sunday for anyone else who can't make it. If not raining they said from around 9-4 which means I'll probably cruise out after church for a pack or two. They don't know which area but I can post up once I know. Friday is still ON
Friday sounds good, but I'm probably going to have to decline this round, I have some commitments on Friday that I cant back out of.... I can make it out Sunday, so I'll be keeping track of any updates
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #362
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Friday sounds good, but I'm probably going to have to decline this round, I have some commitments on Friday that I cant back out of.... I can make it out Sunday, so I'll be keeping track of any updates
Bummer Chris, how about Sunday for the Scaler comp.at Knights Ferry?? JROCK and his crewput on a great event from what I have been told, can you make it??
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #363
Pebble Pounder

R we still doin comp on Friday??? I can do friday and sunday aslong as i jus have to b done by 3..
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #364
Rock Crawler

Hi j, yes Friday is still a go, Martin and I will hopefully be checking out a spot at Folsom Point(That is were most of the guys would like to comp.) to set up a course or two. As soon as we pick a spot we will post up the place and time.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #365
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordy View Post
hey bill how have you been ? i am down for the comp and just finshed going thru my kids car so there will be 2 of us . what time are we meeting ? since i dont have a old lady i have to go for the first time ever on black friday to get my kids a few things so i need to know what time you guys want to start the comp. txt me and let me know i have been very busy so not much time to get on the computer . martin i have ur interior painted just need to put it all in should have it done monday or tuesday ! sorry about the wait on it and miles your next !
Sounds good Gordy, looking forward to seeing all of you guys again Martin and I will be checking out a spot to set up a course or two at Folsom Point and will post up a time and place ASAP. Hows my Interior coming along There is a scale comp. the 28th at Knights Ferry you should try to make it.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #366
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Hi j, yes Friday is still a go, Martin and I will hopefully be checking out a spot at Folsom Point(That is were most of the guys would like to comp.) to set up a course or two. As soon as we pick a spot we will post up the place and time.
ok kool thx Bill
Old 11-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #367
RCC Addict

Quote:
We're looking at the 26th, friday after thanksgiving.
Can't make it that day......sat would be better. Catch y'all next time.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #368
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Bummer Chris, how about Sunday for the Scaler comp.at Knights Ferry?? JROCK and his crewput on a great event from what I have been told, can you make it??
Sounds good Bill, except where the hell is Knights Ferry?
I don't think it is supposed to be storming on Sunday, so it might be a good trip.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #369

good to hear from you bill ! ahhh thats a no on that interior lol im done for awhille 2 in a row is to much lol im down for friday but dont know where the other on is give some directions i might beable to make it .
gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #370
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Sounds good Bill, except where the hell is Knights Ferry?
I don't think it is supposed to be storming on Sunday, so it might be a good trip.
Knights Ferry is just out side of Manteca off off 99. Here are the directions I recieved from JROCK." Hwy99 to Manteca take Hwy 120 East Yosemite towards Oakdale once you come into Oakdale you will take a left in the Downtown at the light were Hwy 120 and 108 merge. Stay on 120/108 go through Oakdale and about 10 min out of Oakdale you will take a left on Kennedy Rd. and you will see a small sign that says Knights Ferry. Then take a left on Sonora Rd. and go about 1/4 mile and you will see a parking lot on the right,when you enter the lot stay to the right and go into the back of the parking lot and you are there." Sounds like a fun event to me, Iam going to go.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:25 AM   #371
Pebble Pounder

you guys here about the comp in Reno on the 4th of December? I was at fast track today and mark was tellin me about it. Its for scale trucks and 1st stage is 2miles and whole thing is 6 miles long
Old 11-24-2010, 06:19 AM   #372
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscalecrawler View Post
you guys here about the comp in Reno on the 4th of December? I was at fast track today and mark was tellin me about it. Its for scale trucks and 1st stage is 2miles and whole thing is 6 miles long
Yes I did, it is being put on by Parker and the Reno crew so you know it will be good! I plan on going weather permitting, check out Recon Crawler web site for details Now I wonder is that scale miles or 1:1 miles "Oh my do work driver"*EDIT* You can also go to the Nevada section and check out Parkers G6 thread, good info.

Last edited by Big Bill; 11-24-2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #373
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yes I did, it is being put on by Parker and the Reno crew so you know it will be good! I plan on going weather permitting, check out Recon Crawler web site for details Now I wonder is that scale miles or 1:1 miles "Oh my do work driver"*EDIT* You can also go to the Nevada section and check out Parkers G6 thread, good info.
Does this mean that you will not be attending the NCVRCC comp that day?
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #374
Quarry Creeper

Default Scale comp

So is this still going to happen on Friday? I'm here from out of town and Friday works for me. I would love to come drive with a different crowd.
madscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #375
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscrambler View Post
So is this still going to happen on Friday? I'm here from out of town and Friday works for me. I would love to come drive with a different crowd.
Friday is still on few guys have backed out but Bill and i are going out today to scope out a course or two. We should have at least 5-6 on friday and there is another group that's is going out on sunday because they can't make it friday so they must be in retail

Reno G6 scale comp I thought I had put up a link but here it is and from here you'll probably need to join the recon forum to sign in Nevada G6 Challenge
I'll be up there that day but don't think I'll be able to make it. Maybe we can get a few guys together for 2 or 3 down the road
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #376
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Friday is still on few guys have backed out but Bill and i are going out today to scope out a course or two. We should have at least 5-6 on friday and there is another group that's is going out on sunday because they can't make it friday so they must be in retail

Reno G6 scale comp I thought I had put up a link but here it is and from here you'll probably need to join the recon forum to sign in Nevada G6 Challenge
I'll be up there that day but don't think I'll be able to make it. Maybe we can get a few guys together for 2 or 3 down the road

Thanks what time you guys meeting? How far is it from Rocklin? I will do my best to be there I might have to bring my son if that's cool.
madscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #377
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Does this mean that you will not be attending the NCVRCC comp that day?
Well now that you pointed out that the dates are the same,yes I will do the scale comp. in Reno. For me scale is the part of the hobby that drew me into the hobby. Another epic fail on my part
Old 11-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #378
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscrambler View Post
Thanks what time you guys meeting? How far is it from Rocklin? I will do my best to be there I might have to bring my son if that's cool.
No problem with bringing your son. We are going to be right by the water though. It's a large area. 20-30 min from rocklin depending on where your at. Too bad Chris can't make it as you could have followed him. Time as of now 9ish. We will probably meet at the taco bell at blue ravine and natoma st. I'll try and get the address so the guys that need gps or google can find it. You can also pm me for my phone incase you get lost or running late. We are here to have fun with scalers

Google Folsom Point, Folsom, CA It is "B" "A" is the church right at the corner. There is a light at the entrance but if you look a bit to the right you will see the intersection where blue ravine and natoma st is. The taco bell is at the sw corner. If you zoom in on the map it shows the taco bell.

Last edited by fvrr; 11-24-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #379
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Ya i signed up but wasnt able to get on website said i had to wait for addmintration approvel then i can sign in. i saw the thread about the G6 sounds awesome. hopefully my truck can make it. i think i would hav to waterproof it tho
Old 11-24-2010, 11:08 AM   #380
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscalecrawler View Post
Ya i signed up but wasnt able to get on website said i had to wait for addmintration approvel then i can sign in. i saw the thread about the G6 sounds awesome. hopefully my truck can make it. i think i would hav to waterproof it tho
Did you guys see this link that was on the recon site? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRjfw...ist=QL&index=1
I'd have to say I'm OUT if this is what's going to be happening
I guess with all my scalers I should look into water proofing one of them just for these types of runs. Just don't like the idea of putting 100 servo's and esc under water

I hope to be able to sneak away from the family for a hour just to run over and check out the event next week. Wife hates it when I have alternative motives for going somewhere

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM