Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #421
Pebble Pounder

jus got back from hobbytown it is defently not scale freindly with 1.9s, 2.2s would b better ther. but its more for comp stuff i would not reccomend goin ther. Folsom lake is still best spot in town that i hav bin
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #422
Rock Stacker

what about FST? they just moved up to rocklin and had a pretty sweet set-up when they were in citrus heights...
grant00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #423
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant00 View Post
what about FST? they just moved up to rocklin and had a pretty sweet set-up when they were in citrus heights...
you talkn about fast track? its a pile of rocks now about 7 ft by 10 ft area its wasy worse then hobbytown and ther both 8 bucks. if i had to choose i would go to HT over Fst. hobbytown wouldnt b too bad if you move some rocks ard. like i a rainy day we could hold gtg or comps ther. but i like outdoors better.FST is jus for comp rigs and its realy small now
Old 12-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #424
Rock Stacker

I havent been out to fast track since they moved. there are pics on here of what their track was like in citrus heights.

I like outdoors better too. Its closer than going out to Rocklin too haha
Old 12-02-2010, 06:38 AM   #425
Pebble Pounder

ya im not far from folsom lake i think ill stick to ther and when weather gets bad mayb go to HT
Old 12-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #426
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Hey Jason, 6 3/8 they bolt to the holes in the frame or you may be able to braze them to line it up better.

For the next GTG I'm in the middle of a cold so want to wait for the weather to warm up a bit This is what happens when you get older

Picked up a jk body today for my next project

ya ther gna be too long martin thx tho
Old 12-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #427

hey man u just need to pic your lines beter i run my scaler win im not comping i dont have a problom with any thing if u dont like it dont come there
losimadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #428

if you guyss wanna down talk hobby town you guys just need to stay away i ahve personally seen scalers run there and they have had no problem doing anything! if you want to bad mouth it stay away! yes we do charge $8 but its for all day! sorry that we cant go charge free there are bills that need to be paid in order to keep the place up and going! if you are so gun ho about folsom stay there! i really hope hobby towns owners son doesnt read this you guys will all be 86ed before you even step foot in the place!! have a nice night brit
losimadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #429
Rock Stacker

Hey man why would you write something like that if he doesn't like I'm sure he won't go there. I'm sure he was just trying to explain what it's like for the rest of us that haven't been there.
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #430
Rock Stacker

86ed huh well check this out I'm the only one on here that actually uses my real name so hmm I haven't said anything bad about hobbytown rocklin but I will make it a point to check out hobbytown rocklin with my scaler and if I so choose to give a bad opinion about it please be sure losi mad man that I will and if I feel that it is more comp rig friendly I will forsure need to be 86ed after I tell everyone that reads this forum post.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #431

Okay guys this is just getting out of hand I'm Jake the owners son at hobytown and honestly it doesn't matter if he doesn't like it, it's his opinion to have we built the place for everyone to come in a dry and reasonably warm place to crawl, the scalers do okay some of the stuff is difficult but oh well drive around. Nobody is going to get 86erd. All I'm saying is I want a clean and friendly environment, I don't want it to be like coming in hostile territory or the scalers! EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
bubba ax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #432

I meant hostile territory "for" the scalers. It's becoming like politics an that's BS. That's not welcome haha. Bring the cralwers an just have some fun! Cause is suppose to be raining for the next few days!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #433
Rock Stacker

Hey Jake please to meet u online 8-) I bet your pretty happy that threw you under the bus like that. I'm glad your goal is to provide a clean and warm dry environment for people to have fun. I can't wait to come check out your water features I just finished doing somemore waterproofing on my rig. I'll probably come check it out this weekend with the rain coming in.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:41 AM   #434

Nice to meet you Tom, it's how it goes I guess, but I'm cool it doesn't matter to me much. it's just good to have a place like that so you can drive when it's pouring outside. The water features are so sick it's unbelievable. That's sounds great I will have to see you then, I'm there all weekend. and the 8 bucks is for all day. So let's say you had to leave for some reason keep you receipt with you and you will be good to go!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:52 AM   #435
Rock Stacker

I wasn't trying to bad mouth anybody so I'd just like to say I'm sorry if I did... Im not that kind of person.

Jake and Tom, my real name is in my name too well at least my first name. I'll probably see you guys at some get togethers or comps soon! Ive never been to hobby town and I'd sure like to try it out
Old 12-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #436
Rock Crawler

guy's i was at hobbytown rocklin last nite and they have really made some changes in the rocks. it's more scale friendly than 2 weeks ago, they have made some trails through the rocks and the new bridges are sick, about 30 feet long or so across the building. some of the tough obstacles have what i think are do able lines for some challenge and the water is a neat feature but i don't know if the pumps run all the time, just ask.

pick a day it's raining and check it out, i think you will be surprised and can spend a few hrs there easy. the pit area has plenty of space and power outlets.

next door is a bead store i found some chain at to make a tow chain, i need to see what kind of hooks they have the next i'm there before i make some. i'm also thinking about making some tire chains for the snow scale look.

check it out and don't forget to stop by the hobby shop and see jake and crew
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #437
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by losimadman View Post
hey man u just need to pic your lines beter i run my scaler win im not comping i dont have a problom with any thing if u dont like it dont come there
1st of all i wasnt bad mouthing Hobby town You must not b able to read. I was giving my oppinion about it. Is all ..I liked alot about it but im more into out doors stuff. but the waterfalls r very nice. And i did like the pit areas.

Bubba i wasnt bad mouthing Hobby town at all was jus tellin them my oppinion.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #438
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscalecrawler View Post
1st of all i wasnt bad mouthing Hobby town You must not b able to read. I was giving my oppinion about it. Is all ..I liked alot about it but im more into out doors stuff. but the waterfalls r very nice. And i did like the pit areas.

Bubba i wasnt bad mouthing Hobby town at all was jus tellin them my oppinion.
This thread is starting to sound like a comp. crawler drama BS he said she said thread. This thread was started to alert the other guys that wanted to get to togther to run their scalers usually at Folsom Lake or the other areas around here. If you guys are going to trade insults back and fourth please take it to PM and hopefully you can resolve it there. Thanks
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:18 AM   #439

i dont want any BS there. we are friends and are there for a good time, no one was bad mouthing hobbytown, its just an opinion, it doesnt matter to me, just crawl and have fun! that is what it's there for. so to all you scaler guys you are welcome, and there might possibly be some course changing for the scalers. so no more BS guys lets just get down and put some rubber on the rocks. :-D
Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #440
I wanna be Dave

hey no trash talking..whats up guys im the main designer (Elio AKA Easy-E)of the course, ive been adding some trails to the course for the scalersHt is the only place with live waterfalls (3) so get the winchs out baby!!yes it is challenging but it makes for some thinking.We just added 2 bridges the span the whole building!!!15 inches wide, we are all in this hobby together(remember hobby) so come on down check it out. thanks guys. just shoot me a pm if you have any Q`s
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM