Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #661

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman1907 View Post
who want to go to HT this sunday??????
If it's raining this weekend I'll probably be going to HT saturday and/or sunday (10am roughly).. bring that Nissan body if you still have it..
RCchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #662

I'm gonna buy a stock SCX-10 Honcho scaler kit for my daughter and putting a different body on there - everything else will be stock. Think I'll keep that Honcho body for myself..

I kinda like the shorter wheelbase on my rover scx so think I may shorten it a bit to fit the custom body I plan to put on there which is the same length as my rover..

You guys are experts so other than the body, what performance mods can I do (within reason $$$)?
Old 12-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCchomp View Post
If it's raining this weekend I'll probably be going to HT saturday and/or sunday (10am roughly).. bring that Nissan body if you still have it..

yes i still have the nissan body....give me a call or text.....1-916-289-0952
wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #664
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'm gonna buy a stock SCX-10 Honcho scaler kit for my daughter and putting a different body on there - everything else will be stock. Think I'll keep that Honcho body for myself..

You guys are experts so other than the body, what performance mods can I do (within reason $$$)?
Hey RC I saw your post in the 1.9 and replied but noticed you probably can't see the classified without a star. A few of the UT guys sell their sick rigs now and then but normally in the $600-$700 range for rollers Sell quick though. I got a honcho for my girl but she never drives it so changing that one to a jk. On my ftoy I went with the shorter wb frame but should have gone with the longer honcho just because of the cage work.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Hey RC I saw your post in the 1.9 and replied but noticed you probably can't see the classified without a star. A few of the UT guys sell their sick rigs now and then but normally in the $600-$700 range for rollers Sell quick though. I got a honcho for my girl but she never drives it so changing that one to a jk. On my ftoy I went with the shorter wb frame but should have gone with the longer honcho just because of the cage work.
To view classifieds I need 30 posts and 30 days, and I have 30+ posts, maybe not quite 30 days.

Think I'm going to go with the stock honcho for hers - if she doesn't drive it much I can change it out later..

It's a Christmas present, and the body is quite unique.. a hard plastic Barbie convertable.. same length and width as my land rover..
Old 12-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #666
Rock Stacker

Like Chris said I got my new shoes

Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #667
Rock Crawler

Saaaawweeeet!!!
That is a set of good lookin tires....
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #668
RCC Addict

I'll be waiting for the review on the MT's before I make a decision on that or the boggers
Old 12-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #669

Quote:

so what day r u going to HT and what time???......do u still want me to bring the nissan body
wiseman1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #670
Rock Stacker

Well I'll tell you this when I put them toegether I put the flat iron memory foam in them and it looks like there flat with the wieght of my vehicle and the front tires wobbled bad when driving. So I star cut the rc4wd foam and put it the front and they seem more firm but I left the memory foam in the rear cause the back of my truck is a lot lighted. I have this case that's taller then my truck that is smooth plastic and I have been trying to crawl over it since I got my scx10 and I could never get on top of it well with these tires and foam combo I was able to crawl over the top of it.
Tom_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #671
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseman1907 View Post
so what day r u going to HT and what time???......do u still want me to bring the nissan body
Just a heads up guys, there is a Crawler Comp. tomorrow at Hobby Town. Iam not sure if they are using the whole area for the comp. or not. Iam sure it will be crowded
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #672
I wanna be Dave

yes crawler comp tomorrow! we will be using the whole course bring in snow!! on all water features. will b open sunday or just come by check out the comp
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #673
I wanna be Dave

The RECON G6 team is hitting the road and we are bringing the G6 Challenge to Sacramento or bust. Folsom Lake will be the back drop for The Folsom G6 Blues.

What do you get when you cross rally with European truck trials with the adrenaline of the KOH with the adventure of the Camel Trophy and then add special stages that rival the Croatia Trophy? You get the R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge. If you enjoy building and driving r/c scale rigs, then the G6 Challenge is for you.

The Folsom G6 Blues will debut the 2.2 scale class. The G6 guidelines for a scale vehicle will have only two exceptions. The first, the 2.2 tire must be scale looking, whether it is a knock off of a 1:1 tire or a scale replica, it must look like the real thing. The second exception is nine scale items will be required for the Folsom G6 Blues. All other vehicle guidelines must be met to pass tech.

The 3 Stages will feature separate skills challenges and time bonus sections for each class. Stage 1 and 2 will be 50 gates while stage 3 will be the G6 staple of 100 gates. Not only will each stage test drivers’ skill and building ability, but also challenge their navigational prowess.

Good Luck and God Speed G-Drivers, may you only have to use your winch in a special skills section.

R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge “The Folsom G6 Blues”

January 29, 2011

Folsom Lake, CA (exact location will be announced 24 hrs before stage 1 start)

Tech start @ 0800hrs +/- (scalers will be impounded immediately after tech is passed)

Drivers meeting @ 0900hrs +/-

Stage 1 start following the National Anthem

2 G-Classes; 1.9 and 2.2 (A driver may only sign up for one class)

G-Tags awarded to top three finishers in each class.

$10.00 G-fee (Folsom Lake requires a day use fee of $10.00 per vehicle)

Start the New Year off right by getting your scaler fix in a RECON G6.

R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge "The Folsom G6 Blues"
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #674
Pebble Pounder

sweet im defentily gna be ther
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #675
RCC Addict

OH snap! I am in
Old 12-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #676
Rock Crawler

Now your talkin! Its on.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #677
I wanna be Dave

Whose gonna be running the new Baja Claws. I will be sporting the new Boggers and soon as Team Brown can shift delivery gears. Waiting is killing me.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #678
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Whose gonna be running the new Baja Claws. I will be sporting the new Boggers and soon as Team Brown can shift delivery gears. Waiting is killing me.
Yeah Tom just mounted his claws so I'm waiting on feedback b4 pulling the trigger I need a set of tall 1.9's for my ftoy
Old 12-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #679
Rock Crawler

This should be fun,i cant miss this one.....
sloyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #680
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like fun... Count me in!!!

Time to spend some money and get my rig ready for this event!
209SCXCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM