Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: livermore

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Another Livermore Guy

Hey all, just posting to RCC after a long hiatus. ANoodle, your little one looks great! I just (well, my wife did ) had a baby girl last May, so she will be turning 9 months this weekend. I've been giving the toys a break to do Daddy duty, hence the lack of activity on this forum.

I just dusted off my SCX-10 and was looking for a place to run it, besides my back yard, and with the H-Town, Concord course now defunct, it's pleasant surprise to find "The PIT" in my backyard.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see when you guys are out. Chances are, if I make it out there soon, I'll have the baby in tow with a little front-pack carrier, so don't laugh--she enjoys watching the little R/C cars and likes to look at other people.

BTW, where do you guys park? I'm actually familiar with that stretch of road as I volunteer as a Safety Marshall whenever they have the Triathlon Races from Shadow Cliffs, and I don't quite recall if it's OK to just park off to the side of the road without attracting too much attention or grief from the local residents.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: livermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoodle View Post
Not really sure what Wraiths are considered, I will try to be there around 8am or so. Hopefully my 4 month old will sleep longer on Saturday.
Quote:
Well I talked with the wife and i wont be able to get there until maybe 10am. If you want to swing by my house tonight I could give you the tennis balls to use.
Congrats on your little girl and don't stress, I understand.....I have 3 kids, my little buddy, Lil Nick that is 3yo will be with me and I hope to get his Wraith together tonight to keep him busy. My group of buddy's are really easy as we all have kids so we get it and don't need to put anyone on the spot...No one is lagging behind, just make it work for yourself and family. I may take you up on the tennis balls, my wife said she will pick a bunch up today but not sure how much time I will have to cut them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.M. View Post
Hey all, just posting to RCC after a long hiatus. ANoodle, your little one looks great! I just (well, my wife did ) had a baby girl last May, so she will be turning 9 months this weekend. I've been giving the toys a break to do Daddy duty, hence the lack of activity on this forum.

I just dusted off my SCX-10 and was looking for a place to run it, besides my back yard, and with the H-Town, Concord course now defunct, it's pleasant surprise to find "The PIT" in my backyard.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see when you guys are out. Chances are, if I make it out there soon, I'll have the baby in tow with a little front-pack carrier, so don't laugh--she enjoys watching the little R/C cars and likes to look at other people.

BTW, where do you guys park? I'm actually familiar with that stretch of road as I volunteer as a Safety Marshall whenever they have the Triathlon Races from Shadow Cliffs, and I don't quite recall if it's OK to just park off to the side of the road without attracting too much attention or grief from the local residents.
Nice!! Another little girl. Congrats. As said above, no pressure on my side. Really I have the RC kick going good right now due to my son and it being fun for both of us together so what ever you can make happen that works with your wife and little girl will be great.

Stuck I think was the person that pointed this place out and man he was on it, it's awesome and plenty of terrain to waste hours on. You park right off the side of the road, decent amount of space so you are not on the road line.

My little group have family duties just like myself so we like to start early and try and be home by noon just when the ladies in my house start to get motivated ... don't tell them I said that.
NCT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCT_Guy View Post
Congrats on your little girl and don't stress, I understand.....I have 3 kids, my little buddy, Lil Nick that is 3yo will be with me and I hope to get his Wraith together tonight to keep him busy. My group of buddy's are really easy as we all have kids so we get it and don't need to put anyone on the spot...No one is lagging behind, just make it work for yourself and family. I may take you up on the tennis balls, my wife said she will pick a bunch up today but not sure how much time I will have to cut them up.

Nice!! Another little girl. Congrats. As said above, no pressure on my side. Really I have the RC kick going good right now due to my son and it being fun for both of us together so what ever you can make happen that works with your wife and little girl will be great.

Stuck I think was the person that pointed this place out and man he was on it, it's awesome and plenty of terrain to waste hours on. You park right off the side of the road, decent amount of space so you are not on the road line.

My little group have family duties just like myself so we like to start early and try and be home by noon just when the ladies in my house start to get motivated ... don't tell them I said that.
Thanks for the congrats, but I have a little boy. Haha...I will try to get over there when I can tomorrow, amybe I will do the same thing and bring him with me to watch. I live in Springtown so if you want to grab those tennis balls, they are already cut and ready to go.
It's the life of a Dad and doing Daddy daycare. Thats what I call it.

I will be there tomorrow just not really sure on the time frame.
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thanks for the congrats, but I have a little boy. Haha...I will try to get over there when I can tomorrow, amybe I will do the same thing and bring him with me to watch. I live in Springtown so if you want to grab those tennis balls, they are already cut and ready to go.
It's the life of a Dad and doing Daddy daycare. Thats what I call it.

I will be there tomorrow just not really sure on the time frame.

HAAHAHA!! Sorry man, I read that the other guy had a girl and then replied. Well my son will be with me. I'll PM you with my number and we can hook up later.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Meet ANoodle at his house and picked up some markers and I'm trying to get my sons wraith running tonight and myself plus a couple others will be there at 8am ish and be there till noon. Anyone that would like to come out feel free. Should be a good time, also I will have my camera/video and Brian will possibly have one of his rigs outfitted with a GoPro.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

Had fun crawling with you NCT Guy. Good times, now you know the Vasco spot. We have to get together and run some courses.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Sorry guy's i've been slackin off on putting the word out so heres event #5 for the Rock Hard 1.9 scaler series by Team L.E.R.K. Below is the link.

Rock hard 1.9 scaler series/ comp 5
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

NCT Guy when you have a chance I need to grab those tennis balls. I'm going to other comp. Let me know when we can meet up.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Had fun crawling with you NCT Guy. Good times, now you know the Vasco spot. We have to get together and run some courses.
Great times!! Thanks for showing us the other spot also, that was great. Gave my son plenty of room to beat on his Slash!

Quote:
NCT Guy when you have a chance I need to grab those tennis balls. I'm going to other comp. Let me know when we can meet up.
No prob, I have them in the car today and we can hook up later today. I was going to hit you up over the past weekend but I ended up taking the Slash's carpet short course racing but I hope to get some crawling in this weekend if I can fit it in. If you get a chance scout out something I seen the other day, over by quick stop on vasco there is the frontage road heading to club moto, there is a parking lot at the start of a walking path and there is a creek that has from what looks to be like the other spot called "the pit". I'm going to check it out over the weekend.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCT_Guy View Post
Great times!! Thanks for showing us the other spot also, that was great. Gave my son plenty of room to beat on his Slash!

No prob, I have them in the car today and we can hook up later today. I was going to hit you up over the past weekend but I ended up taking the Slash's carpet short course racing but I hope to get some crawling in this weekend if I can fit it in. If you get a chance scout out something I seen the other day, over by quick stop on vasco there is the frontage road heading to club moto, there is a parking lot at the start of a walking path and there is a creek that has from what looks to be like the other spot called "the pit". I'm going to check it out over the weekend.
I know the spot your talking about, not much over there. Some rocks but not enough to have a good time. I have evn gone to Del Valle.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Sorry guy's i've been slackin off on putting the word out so heres event #5 for the Rock Hard 1.9 scaler series by Team L.E.R.K. Below is the link.

Rock hard 1.9 scaler series/ comp 5
Noodle you gona bring a couple guys with you
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Goign to try to get out to Vasco this weekend, any down?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

I would like to but I am out of town for the weekend.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #74
RCC Addict

One week left till The Rock Hard 1.9 Scaler Comp with Team LERK so get signed up guy's for this great event at Lake Amador. Here's a link to the signup page and hope to see some of you come out

Rock Hard 1.9 Scaler Series/ Comp 6
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Alright come on guys, we should be having some get togethers and go crawling. I was thinking meeting up at the Vasco spot and do some crawling this weekend is anyone is up for it. Saturday or Sunday would work for me, for a few hours.
Anyone down Pm me. Hope to hear from some Livermore, Tracy, Dublin guys.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #76
Rock Stacker

Anyone trying to do a A.M. weekend RC crawl? I just rebuilt my 1.9 scaler.

Wheres this vasco crawl spot? I'm in Livermore
650joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #77
Rock Stacker

Did a little more searching and found the Vasco location, never mind. Whats up with a gtg?
650joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

I was at the Vasco spot over the weekend and may head out early AM one day over the weekend, waiting to see how much I get done at work to know if i am heading to the lake this weekend other wise I will get a morning run in with you.

Here is the other spot off Holmes:

Axial Wraith @ " The Pit " (5-15-12) - YouTube

It's pretty sick, and the Vasco spot is different, I'd say you would like the Vasco spot better for a 1.9.... ANoodle hits that place alot.

I take my lil dude out there all the time, he runs his Wraith or Slash

Just this past weekend @ Vasco

I will know later tomorrow on what I am doing.

Nick

Last edited by NCT_Guy; 06-28-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650joshua View Post
Did a little more searching and found the Vasco location, never mind. Whats up with a gtg?

Yeah the Vasco spot is cool, a lot of different spots you can hit. I dont know about a gtg as their arent a lot of people in Livermore that crawl.
I'm down for a AM crawl session though this weekend, just need to know which day. PM me to figure something out, I run a 1.9 and mini.

Working on a other rig right now.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #80
RCC Addict

This is a great pic been crawling with my son for about 5 years now, he just gets better and better every time out.

finishline is offline   Reply With Quote