Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: San Diego RC Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #5541

Default Re: San Diego RC Crawlers

So I have been to a couple of hobby shops and called a few more and no one has much in stock. Everyone is willing to order what I want, most everyone... Hobby people can only order what is in the system. Tthe shops I have been to all have boxes of parts stacked up everywhere and appear to be mostly disorganized. Also I feel like customer service is lacking a bit. I feel like j am being treated like a noob. If I ask for something you don't have maybe suggest something else you do have? Is this just the norm when it comes to hobby shops in SD or do I justhave the worst luck?

I live in Rancho San Diego and have been to hobby people , El Cajon hobby and Discount hobby.
Bartfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #5542
Quarry Creeper

I order everything from ebay or buy/trade stuff with these trustworthy people on RCC.
cotyhamlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #5543
Pebble Pounder

If you give El Cajon Hobby another chance, talk to Marshal, he has been trying to change things in there. He crawls with us and he's into scalers
pmadrid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:01 PM   #5544
Rock Crawler

Exactly what pmadrid wrote, please (I work there)! Try to go on a Sunday, because both Marshall and I (Jamie, I only work Sundays) will both be there to help!
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:10 AM   #5545
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfriend View Post
So I have been to a couple of hobby shops and called a few more and no one has much in stock. Everyone is willing to order what I want, most everyone... Hobby people can only order what is in the system. Tthe shops I have been to all have boxes of parts stacked up everywhere and appear to be mostly disorganized. Also I feel like customer service is lacking a bit. I feel like j am being treated like a noob. If I ask for something you don't have maybe suggest something else you do have? Is this just the norm when it comes to hobby shops in SD or do I justhave the worst luck?

I live in Rancho San Diego and have been to hobby people , El Cajon hobby and Discount hobby.
Crawling and scale trucks don't make any money for the hobby shop. You are walking into a business that isn't booming and asking for an old product they didn't make a ton of money on. You are asking for a repair or hop up part for a product they still have sitting on their shelf with a big fat "DO NOT REORDER" sticker on it.
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:11 AM   #5546

Opel that is kind of what I was thinking.
Thanks for the input.

Sounds like I'll be heading back to EC hobby. Look forward to meeting you guys.
Bartfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:53 PM   #5547
Quarry Creeper

Yes EC hobby does have the most crawler parts available. But i did order some axial gears and it took 3 weeks to get them. Some special order mumbo jumbo. But i did get them.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #5548
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotyhamlett View Post
Yes EC hobby does have the most crawler parts available. But i did order some axial gears and it took 3 weeks to get them. Some special order mumbo jumbo. But i did get them.
Normally it takes only 2-3 business days to get special orders in. However, lots of Axial parts have been completely out of stock from our distributor... It is kinda weird; all different parts are out (replacements, upgrades, new parts, and old parts).
Old 03-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #5549
Quarry Creeper

I think they got it and put it on the shelf because when i went back a few days later after ordering, they said "it should be here buts its not and its not on order." So they reordered it because i payed the the parts when they ordered them the first time. I will go back to El Cajon Hobbies because there great customer service. Which is not something you can say about Hobby People.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:27 AM   #5550
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartfriend View Post
Opel that is kind of what I was thinking.
Thanks for the input.

Sounds like I'll be heading back to EC hobby. Look forward to meeting you guys.
When it's a part that a local hobby shop might stock I'll usually pick it up locally. that's also not to say there aren't good prices available locally. for example discount hobby warehouse sells the hitech 7950 for $140. I also typically receive stellar service at both discount hobby warehouse and hobby central. when the shop can order me a part I prefer keep my tax dollars in the city.
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:42 AM   #5551
Quarry Creeper

Im bored and wanna play
Old 04-08-2015, 11:52 PM   #5552

Hey guys any meet ups soon I want to do some trails I have a cc01 a scx10 and a vaterra twin hammers
fjjoe619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:22 AM   #5553
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjjoe619 View Post
Hey guys any meet ups soon I want to do some trails I have a cc01 a scx10 and a vaterra twin hammers

I don't know but I'm itching to go scaling as well. I haven't once met up with a group here in SD but I would love to. I hear they use Facebook to communicate which is bad for me since I don't have an account.
4X42HEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:14 AM   #5554
Rock Crawler

I am almost done with building a 6x6, so I will probably be going out for a shakedown in the next month or two. It would be strictly scaling for me, since the 6x6 uses 1.55 wheels and has a hard body.

Right now, my free time for a trail run exists only on Saturdays. Also, because I am a relatively new driver, I am stuck to trails in Santee or El Cajon.

Unfortunately, most people have moved to Facebook to communicate, so very few of the runs are posted here.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:42 PM   #5555
Pebble Pounder

I just registered for a Facebook account for the sole purpose of joining the RC Group.

I only do scale. I will figure out how to use Facebook, but I did already request to join the SD Scaler group this morning.

I need to get out and trail. I have three rigs all collecting dust. I'll be going out this coming weekend regardless if I get in touch with the group. But the more would be merrier.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:32 PM   #5556

Do you have to be special to be able to join the SD Scalers on facebook? Just kidding, but for real I tried and it doesn't work. Then again, I'm not real familiar with facebook... that and the account I do have is pretty blank, maybe that's why. And maybe it's just that nobody knows who the heck I am, or maybe I'm nobody .
trofferb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:35 PM   #5557

Yea I'm not on facebook either and I haven't been out in months. I will gladly join you on the weekend bur I can't go out until afternoon.
WarmasterZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #5558
Pebble Pounder

Does anybody know if the SD Scalers Facebook group still exists?

I found them last week and requested to join but got no response. Now I look and the group doesn't even seem to exist anymore.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:47 AM   #5559
Quarry Creeper

I wanna play too... i hsvent been out in a while
Old 04-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #5560
Pebble Pounder

Ok, it looks like I will be going scaling this weekend for sure. Still deciding on Saturday or Sunday. Would be great if others could join.

Being new to SD, the only two places I've been to are Flynn springs and the cove. I much prefer the cove.

I also heard of Mission Trails and Summit.

I'm open to ideas.