Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento/NorCal anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2006, 09:32 PM   #21
RCC Addict

If my girls cooperate tomorrow, I can scout out that place here in Roseville. From the street (Vernon about two blocks from Cirby, across from the rail yard and next to Linda creek I think) it looks pretty good from a trail rig perspective. I cannot see anything that looks tough for an unlimited, but you cannot tell much from the road. I will let you all know what I find.
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2006, 10:01 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikster
Somewhere @ Folsom lake the Nor-Cal RCRC guys hold a comp... ....and there would be ample parking this time of year.

I vote for Sunday , mostly cause I have to work a few hours in the morning on Saturday, and that will give me some time to get mine finished and tested. I'm 2.2 .

The Folsom comp was cool, it seems like there is a lot to explore there if I remember correctly. It might be easier for meeting if there is a good turn out, mostly for the parking aspect ( huge lot ) . Also, I do a lot of bike riding along the trail and in Roseville and like Trikster said, there are some potentially good spots out there. I kind of know the area your talking about - sounds intersting.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:36 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Sunday (after Christmas) in the late morning/noon would probably work best for me as well. I have Church until 10:30 ish then am free for most of the day. This Sunday will be psyco at best for me with family coming to town and everyone wanting to see my girls. The following Sunday looks real nice right now though...

I will see what I can do if everyone wants to meet this Sunday though (the 24th)... Might only be able to come out for a few minutes depending on location.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:37 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

im good with sunday. i will have my rig done by then. any place is cool with me.
bill c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:16 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Sunday is good with me. The location doesn't matter to me. I like them ALL! I like Folsom, American River, or under the bridge. I think the best idea is for some of us to actually find a spot that is good, then, tell us about about it and we'll go there. What do you think?

Last edited by 1tom2go; 12-20-2006 at 07:21 AM.
1tom2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:22 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I could probably do Saturday, but the time constraints are hard to work around for me. If someone knows one of the guy's that has been to the comp at Folsom lake, perhaps you can ask them where they had the event? I want to say I heard it was at Beals Point, but just don't know for sure. In my mind that is a logical place, but it has been a long time since I have been there to know if and where the good crawl spots are.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #27
RCC Addict

It was definately Beales point, toward the back of the parking lot close to the Lake. I can't find my pictures for some reason, that would give everyone a better idea of how large the area is... My best description is like a rock garden ( a little larger than scale ) . I'm up for Folsom , I also want to hear what Triksters' report is about Roseville.

Hey flexN tlt , were'nt you at the comp ? with the dovetailed - nose bronco?

uhhh ok, I vote to put Folsom on as a stand by - ok ( chime in anytime ) . If it ends up being Saturday, I'll go to work early and swing by after. I'm trying to get up and running by Friday - it's just so freaking cold in the garage.

bottom line ... I wanna crawl this weekend.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:15 AM   #28
RCC Addict

here's the link to some pics to get an idea... I think it would be good out there, I forgot how cool it is near the lake.

http://www.nor-calrcrc.com/gallery/v...ake_comp_may06
Old 12-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #29
RCC Addict

great pics. how does folsom lake sound for the 23rd or 28th? which works better for you guys? i might be able to make either...
4RunnerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:41 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

im good for this sat. should find a time & place to meet. say 9 or 10 at macdonalds on folsom auburn rd & natoma st or ???.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:32 PM   #31
RCC Addict

i'll probably be showing up late if we do it this saturday... not sure how long the 1:1 is going to take.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #32
RCC Addict

I think I am good to go either Saturday. Have to run it by my wife, but since I will have just graduated the night before, I don't think there will be a lot of fight in her.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:13 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

would noon be better? dose not matter to me,what ever everone wants to do. pick a time, i will there.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:50 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Noon would probably be better temperature-wise. Only supposed to be in the mid 50's, by the water will most likely be colder.

What channel/frequency is everyone on? I am on channel "yellow" 27mHz.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:48 AM   #35
RCC Addict

I'm fully comitted ( after work of course, between X- mas shopping ) to at least trying to have a runner by Friday or Saturday morning. If you guys decide Saturday, later is better.

but, I still vote for Sunday.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:15 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

ok, im good for, sat, sun and tues. one day,im in,all 3 day's im in. sun up to sun down. i run 27.195 green.

--- bill ---
Old 12-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #37
RCC Addict

well somehow i broke a rear shaft last night... so i might not make it this saturday. unless someone has a short-side TLT shaft they'll sell me ASAP... i did find an awesome wheeling spot though. not sure if anyone is familiar, but it's on Latrobe Road, off jackson highway toward folsom. i have a few pics i'll try and get up tonight. not sure if anyone would be willing to try it out, but i thought i'd theow it out there.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:18 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Did you call R/C Country, Hobby Town in Rocklin, Airborne Hobbies off Madison, or Speedworld 2 in Roseville? Any of those shops may have it.

Are we on/off for this Saturday or is it next Saturday?
Old 12-21-2006, 06:40 PM   #39
RCC Addict

i called RC Country, and it would be at least a week. Tower said late Dec. do you have the numbers to the other places you mentioned?
Old 12-21-2006, 06:58 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Airborne Hobbies: (916) 332-4661
Speedworld: http://www.speedworldraceway.com/